September 16, 2014 | 1931 users online

Eye Shadow - L.A. Colors - 5 Color Metallic Eyeshadow in Tease

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2010 2:39:00 AM More reviews by rmlane713

i love this palette. i bought every single l.a. colors product when i was at my dollar general this past week. the colors in it are so vibrant and springy. i have a wedding in june and for some godforsaken reason i was wondering why the bride chose bright neon bridesmaid dresses and had no clue what kind of looks she was going for but i think this palette will come to good use.

it's fun creating rainbow looks with this. however, they're easy to blend away so blend carefully.

but otherwise, awesome palette

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2010 3:57:00 PM More reviews by jdianne86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's been a while since I've written a review, but here we go! Okay, so the product I'm reviewing today is by LA Colors.. and it's the "TEASE" palette. I'm not going to restate the obvious because the colors have already been described and someone was nice enough to upload the pictures! I was with my friend just hanging out at our local Family Dollar, and of course.. no matter where I go.. I sniff out the cosmetics department [if they have one of course]. I would really like to say something about the LA Colors brand before I continue my review. I know it looks cheap.. it's not the highest quality by any means, and the packaging isn't the most sophisticated. But you know what? Most of the products of this brand do their job. They enhance your features at a fraction of what name brands do. Maybe not as long-lasting.. but like I said, it gets the job done if applied properly. Anyway, I picked this up for $1.50 not including tax. When I saw the LA Colors section, I told her to just go ahead and go look throughout the store without me. This was going to take a while. I normally buy this brand at Dollar Tree, but they have some of the same stuff and better products at Family Dollar. So, knowing me.. I loveeee bright colors. Like my knock-off Coastal Scents 88 matte palette WASN'T ENOUGH! Hmm, I feel a review coming up soon for that. :P This was the brightest palette they had and when I saw the amazing colors and the price, I grabbed it. I'm wearing three of the five colors right now [low quality crappy picture will be posted in a sec]. I blended the yellow, pink, and green together to make a sort of "rainbow" effect. I was running late for school so I couldn't make it overly dramatic due to time restraint. However, I big to differ with some of the other users saying the green doesn't show up that well. No, it's not a NEON green, but I didn't expect it to be. The yellow turns slightly goldish on my skin. (I'm half Vietnamese so I have to be careful with the yellows I use), but oh well. I didn't expect that to come out neon either. The pink though is HOTTT! It's a bright pink almost fuschia colored on my skin. The shadows were easy to apply, didn't have much fall-out, and quite easy to blend. I failed to mention that I do wear Mary Kay's Eye Primer prior to applying ANY eyeshadow. So I can't speak for those who don't wear primer. I have to wear it b/c I get creasies very badly if I don't, LOL. Haven't tried the orange or blue [can't wait for that one! :P] yet, but as soon as I do, I will let you all know how well they held up. Also, on my lips in the pic, I'm wearing LA Colors sheer lipgloss in "Butterscotch".. just the gloss itself.. no liner, primer, etc. I love their glosses too. Color in the squeeze tube looks kind of like an ugly bronzy brown, but on the lips it's gorgeous! Try it as well. Anyway, enough of my rambling.. here's the pic: and SORRY for the bad dark quality. Blame it on the cell phone LOL. continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2010 5:53:00 PM More reviews by DarkGlamour17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this today and I was uber excited to try it out! It's like a knock off of NYX I Dream of St. Lucia pallete. So I put the Blue, Hot Pink, and Yellow on my eyelid but I wetted them first. They weren't that bright kinda dull but I was suprised how pigmented they were for a 1.50! I probably won't buy it again. But it's not a major loss! :)

p.s. The colors kinda stick on your eyelid and it's reeeeally hard to get it off :/

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2010 2:27:00 PM More reviews by just_a_small_town_girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I set out today just to find this eyeshadow after seeing it online. Surprisingly, I found it at the first store I went to (Dollar General). It was $1.50 so that was another plus : ) I love all the colors, but they kind of stain your skin. Oh well, I really love it anyway.. they're all so vibrant! : )

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2010 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Brittaney5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was lookin at randon things in the Dollar General and saw this palette. I remember buying L.A. Colors when I was younger so I bought it since it was only a dollar. The colors are kinda blah if you are trying to blend them the shimmer takes over the entire color. I mainly used the pink and the blue and when I did I just packed on the colors onto the lid with a little blending so the colors didnt look too muddled together. The pink was my fav but it stained my eyelid for like a day which was really weird. Even with makeup remover it still wouldnt completely come off. It looked like I was sick with red eyes. I wouldnt really buy this again only because it has way too much shimmer in the colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Steffachino

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

You get what you pay for, I got this half off for 50 cents. For the price, it was well worth it. The colors are a bit chalky, and the pigmentation isn't the best. Too shimmery and glittery. For a soft wash of shimmer color, this is great, but for bold colors, no. I like this because I like soft washes of color, but if you don't like glitter, steer clear of this product. The packaging isn't the best, either. For me, it tends to open if it's been bouncing around in my bag.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by mistyMAClove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When i was in my local dollar general i saw the beautifull colors for 1.00!!!! i had to get it, but when i tried it i found out that some colors were pigmented and some were very chalky, i primed my eye with nyx eyeshadow base and the colors hardly even showed up, with an exception with the blue color, anyways i wouldnt buy this product again. hope this helped.

xoxo,Taylor(:

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2009 10:25:00 PM More reviews by modernabsurdity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I saw this when browsing in my local Dollar General. I'm an e/s fiend and for $1.99 I had to try it. The colors looked so vibrant. On my eyes, not so much. I tried priming my eyes with my MAC PP and then my ELF Cover Stick with no luck. They looked quite dull and when I dipped my brush into them they crumbled and flaked. Not a whole lot of color payoff. Also, opening the lid is a bit of a hassle.

I would recommend this palette for someone who's looking just to experiment with bright, funky colors for cheap before investing in the good stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2009 12:59:00 AM More reviews by MissVeronyka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted this particular palette for so long because of the colors & I love most of the LA Colors eyeshadows, but I was disappointed in this palette. The colors are pretty in the packaging but I find the eyeshadows to be a little to powdery for me and the the color payoff isn't as pigmented as most of the other LA Color palettes that I have. Not to mention when I wear the colors from this palette they don't stay on my eyelids that long without fading away even with my good eye primer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2009 11:04:00 PM More reviews by adrenirushxaudri

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Dig this palette. Dig this palette. For the price, and it's availability, this is a great palette to have on hand. The colors range from a soft butter-yellow, a soft sherbet orange, a bright pink, a pretty bright blue, and a soft sage green...all very shimmery, very metallic. They read very well when gently swatched on your finger, but by themselves over the lid, they're sort of dull. They work well over a heavy primer (I like Jesse's Girl Eye Shadow Transformer as a primer, it works wonderfully with these) They crease without a primer, which is expected. These are great when put over a matte wide cream shadow, they come off much more vibrant. Too, when you apply them with an angled brush, they make great liners. They have a very soft, creamy texture that reads a bit powdery once applied, but that's not a big deal. Not chalky at all. And there are SO many different versions of this palette. I just wish I could find them all in one place. Overall, wonderful for the price.