October 30, 2014 | 1636 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Powder Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by amaizeingndn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

These really are great quality brushes for the money. I have never bought a bad one. I use this brush for both loose powder or blush if I want a more diffused application. I haven't had any problems with shedding, and I've had mine for about 4 years. It's very soft, and just dense enough. really great product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 9:11:00 PM More reviews by kitten14

I use this brush for everything! Bronzer, blush, powder. I have had it for probably over 5 years now and it is in great shape for a brush that I use everyday. I have had other powder brushes and I just prefer this one more than any other brush. I wash it semi often with baby shampoo and I never experience any shedding. I have been meaning to buy several of these so that I am not using the same one for everything as I have been doing forever, but they are so cheap I really ought to have backups. Buy this brush, you will love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2010 1:02:00 AM More reviews by LittleViolet

Hmm my brush (I have two) is either a purple handle (old) or a white handle (new), but this review is for her brush #1.

I bought the purple one when I was in college ten years ago and I still use it to this day. I paid $5 for it and it was made of squirrel (real squirrel!). It was a great brush and a huge bargain! It rarely had fall-out and I will probably use it forever!

I loved it so much that a few years later I bought another one to use for powder application. This was in 2005ish and I don't think this one is squirrel; I think it is nylon or a mixture of synthetic, or maybe some other animal, but it has a lot of problems with bristle shedding/fall-out. I always have stray bristles left behind on my cheeks and I have to double-check in the mirror if I use that brush. Never have that with the original. So be warned. I think the newer one was around $10, too.

The new one holds up as well as the old one in terms of application, though. It doesn't streak, the bristles are well-shaped and compact, and you can either drag on the product (like powder) or dab it on (like blush on the apples) and you will get the intended effect (blended or obvious).

I would never pay $$$$ for brushes with these around. ELF at Target makes decent ones too! (Not their powder one, though).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2010 5:11:00 AM More reviews by kenka

simply the best powder brush EVERRRRR,, its so smooth and nice to your face,, u cant even feel it..

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2010 8:57:00 PM More reviews by PinupWings

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush is wonderful for applying both loose and pressed powder. The hairs on it are unbelievably soft, never scratchy at all, so it feels very pleasant brushing across the skin. Picks up a lot of product easily and distributes powder evenly, allowing you to build coverage if you like. I've owned both the black and the white handled ones, and I prefer the one with the white handle. The one with the black handle isn't quite as soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by mjhdesign

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

The black handled version: This is an excellent powder brush if you don't want to pay more for a MAC or other high end powder brush. It's just as good, some will say even better. It's very soft and distributes powder evenly, perfect for translucent powder. It is never ever scratchy. I have no complaints.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2010 7:26:00 PM More reviews by justcallmed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

For a Target bought brush, this really surprised me. Sonia Kashuk really delivers with these brushes. This one has a huge, soft and puffy almost dome shaped head that allows for a light and even coating of powder. I wouldn't use it for blush or bronzer because it does cover a large surface area really quickly. It does shed from time to time but it's nothing major at all and for $20, if you have to replace it after a few years it's very much worth it

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2010 1:43:00 AM More reviews by margoess

I really liked this brush (the black handled one) when I first got it. However, at the time, the only thing I could really compare it to was the Bare Minerals brushes, which are horrid. I felt it worked really well for my powders and mineral foundations and used it basically every day, washing at least once a week. After a little while, I starting noticing how much it was shedding-- mostly tiny hairs, not full length, that would end up scattered all over my chest. And then I bought another powder brush for a similar price (Essence of Beauty, from CVS), and suddenly, the Sonia Kashuk one felt really plasticy on my face compared to my new one. I find I reach for it infrequently now; mostly when other brushes are drying/damp after washing.

Basically, I think it's a decent brush, but you can find better for the same or less money.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2010 11:34:00 PM More reviews by StephanieTaverna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, my review is for the white handled brush, but I absolutely love it! it distributes my powder really evenly (when used correctly.) you have to make sure to tap out the excess powder off of this brush or you will look orange (at least in my case) but otherwise it leaves a nice dusting to set my foundation :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2010 12:16:00 AM More reviews by bsblove9

This is for the white handle brush. It's super soft and was cheap compared to department store brands. I haven't had any problem with it shedding. You do have to work a little bit to make sure it's clean, but I guess you can say that for all big brushes, to make sure you get it clean. But I totally love it, and use it everyday. I know it's a powder brush but I also use it for my bronzer and my blush. I love it!