Mr. Pumice - Pumi Bar

4.8

Price: $

Price: $

I am not writing a review for the pumice bar under the brand name Mr. Pumice. I am writing on a generic pumice bar I found at the Dollar Tree. I've read other reviews on Mr. Pumice, so I know it's under $3 at Sally's, however I am a cheapa$$ and if I can find it for less, I'm happy.

Anyways, I've been using the same one for a few months now & have the softest feet EVER! This is even withOUT regularly using lotion afterwards (because I forget to). Here is what I do:

Near the end of my shower, I first rub my feet with my hand to remove dead skin- I cover from the ankles down & top of the heel (where the achilles tendon runs down), then I follow up with the pumice. If I remember, I'll put lotion on later later while I let my hair sit in a towel. I do it then so I don't walk it off.

That's it. I do it every shower since I still wear flip flops to school & my feet are exposed to the elements, plus I also work on my feet. I've always gotten compliments on my feet & since they're rarely covered up, I need to maintain 'em! :-)

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I only use Mr. Pumice pumice stones. My favorite is the Extra-Coarse Pumi Bar (purple). It's Great at getting rid of all calluses on the feet. Can't be without it. You get amazing results when used in conjunction with Mr. Pumi Callus Terminator. Under $3 at Sally Beauty Supply.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I mean really? Y'all I have the worst feet, I mean sometimes after a pedicure my heels are still rough. Like a lot of u, I have used the ped egg, the foot scrapers, even that pedicure drill thing with the interchangeable plates. These products would work ok, but it always takes forever and it's a mess to clean up. I've seen the pumice bars before and didn't even give them a second look thinking no light as a feather rock looking thing is gonna do anything for these hooves. This has been my life for the past ten years, trying different products and creams only to come up with the same terrible results.... Then I was in Sally's one day and seen the double sides mr. Pumice, it was cheap and Lord knows I've tried everything else so I bought it. It's been sitting in a drawer with my nail polish for about a month now. So tonight my feet are like lethal weapons, i mean I'm feeling sorry for my husband so I'm wearing socks at night so he don't wake up wounded from the heels. I've been on my feet all day and they are hurting so I decide I'm gonna soak them in some hot water with Epsom salt. Then I think about the pumice bar and I'm like well might as well try it. Omg omg omg, it's like a miracle product. In like 5 minutes my feet turned baby smooth. I mean I can not even believe it. And for 2 dollars? Seriously!? And it was so easy.... No products, no mess, quick, and with amazing results. I can't even tell u the last time my feet felt this good. I have been suffering with these awful heels and the solution was right there the whole time. I'm telling you guys- you need to try this.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased the purple bar - medium coarse. I was so surprised at what this little beauty did. I don't have major cracks in my feet yet they can get a little damaged when I spend the day in the garden. I keep it in the shower & use the lavender side first, and then the purple side & once again with the lavender side every 2nd day which takes only a couple of minutes. You can see a difference the first time you use it & I believe would be even better if used with foot balm which Iím yet to do. I didn't use it for a week & sure noticed the difference & when I did eventually use it I noticed its effectiveness even more. I often wear sandals & shoes with open heels so Iím conscious about how my heels look. These will be added to my present list & I will definitely repurchase. I highly recommend.

I followed the other reviewer's advice about using this with Blue Cross cuticle remover. Brilliant stuff. A brilliant combination. I had been going through product after product and method after method for my feet (professional pedis, Ped Eggs, two different types of Microplane, buffer blocks, coarse files, pumice stones, electric spinning pumice stones, top-of-the-line foot scrubs and exfoliating creams, antifungal foam, of all things...and of course the infamous callous razor) and, while they all helped to some extent, nothing was easy, fast, cheap, safe, and effective enough to be HG.

I love the Mister Pedi/Blue Cross combo because:
1. It's cheap, really cheap. And you don't need to buy batteries, replacement blades, new bottles of scrub, or much of anything else.
2. It's not that difficult or time-consuming to get a good result. You don't get winded or really bored or frustrated throughout the process of grooming your feet. It takes like 5 minutes per foot...and that's only every two weeks or so.
3. It's relatively less messy than other methods...no foot dust everywhere.
4. It's not noisy like that Emjoi machine.
5. It doesn't cut up your feet like razors. It won't make you bleed.
6. Feet look and feel nice. There may be a few tiny, slightly rough spots left, but really, most of your feet will feel as smooth as they would after a pedi. It's definitely a good enough result for anyone who's not a foot model or severely an@l about their feet.

To do a full at-home pedi, I start by getting my feet soft and damp in the shower or a bowl of warm water. Then I scrub everything with my Mr. Pumice (dark purple side on the calloused parts, light purple side everywhere else) and Blue Cross. Then I cut and file my toenails, remove old polish, buff, and push back the cuticles. Then I put on new polish and some lotion, and that's it. For all intents and purposes, it's as good as the salon.

Get this. Go to Sally's and find the Mr. Pumice with a dark purple side and a light purple side and no handle. It might take awhile to find, but it'll be in there. And get some Blue Cross while you're at it.

Trust the MUA and do it.

UPDATE: This thing gets really, really gross, and I am not aware of any way to clean it. The first several times you use it, it's magical, but then it gets grosser and grosser and you have to throw it out. Rinsing with water or just washing with soap does NOT clean it for me. If I can't find a solution to this problem, I'm going to have to switch to the Micro-Pedi. Anyone?

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Yeah, I'm not exaggerating when I say I have never seen an average person with as much callused and dry feet as my own. Not kidding when I say, 3 times using this little scrubb'y in the shower with applying AmLactin after has transformed my feet. I wish I would've gotten this like 15 years ago! Some reviews complain about it coming a part/flaking, but I didn't think it was that big of a deal, some little-tiny crumbs, but nothing really to speak of.
SO THRILLED with this product, and will definitely buy again and again.

The best pumice bar ever made! My feet suffer a lot and get easily calloused, so when I discovered this pumice bar, I had to buy it immediately. It gets rid of tough skin within seconds and makes my skin so much smoother. Definite staple.

Love using this on my feet in the shower, makes them very soft.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Learned about these treasures while getting a pedi. They work wonders. I get mine at Sally's. I've only used in the shower, though supposedly you can use them dry as well. Sometimes I use them on little calluses on the palm of my hand. Al in all, a miracle worker!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

OMG, YES! I took mine with me to a small neighborhood place. They loved it. I don't think they're going to buy them, for the little salon; but the owner's getting one for her husband. THE BEST. EVER. I even use the lavendar side on my hands, elbows, and knees.

Popular Body Skincare Products