July 23, 2014 | 1133 users online

Skincare - Body - Mr. Pumice - Pumi Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 7:39:00 AM More reviews by samsungasong

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I purchased the purple bar - medium coarse. I was so surprised at what this little beauty did. I don't have major cracks in my feet yet they can get a little damaged when I spend the day in the garden. I keep it in the shower & use the lavender side first, and then the purple side & once again with the lavender side every 2nd day which takes only a couple of minutes. You can see a difference the first time you use it & I believe would be even better if used with foot balm which Iím yet to do. I didn't use it for a week & sure noticed the difference & when I did eventually use it I noticed its effectiveness even more. I often wear sandals & shoes with open heels so Iím conscious about how my heels look. These will be added to my present list & I will definitely repurchase. I highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by SophieH

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I followed the other reviewer's advice about using this with Blue Cross cuticle remover. Brilliant stuff. A brilliant combination. I had been going through product after product and method after method for my feet (professional pedis, Ped Eggs, two different types of Microplane, buffer blocks, coarse files, pumice stones, electric spinning pumice stones, top-of-the-line foot scrubs and exfoliating creams, antifungal foam, of all things...and of course the infamous callous razor) and, while they all helped to some extent, nothing was easy, fast, cheap, safe, and effective enough to be HG.

I love the Mister Pedi/Blue Cross combo because:
1. It's cheap, really cheap. And you don't need to buy batteries, replacement blades, new bottles of scrub, or much of anything else.
2. It's not that difficult or time-consuming to get a good result. You don't get winded or really bored or frustrated throughout the process of grooming your feet. It takes like 5 minutes per foot...and that's only every two weeks or so.
3. It's relatively less messy than other methods...no foot dust everywhere.
4. It's not noisy like that Emjoi machine.
5. It doesn't cut up your feet like razors. It won't make you bleed.
6. Feet look and feel nice. There may be a few tiny, slightly rough spots left, but really, most of your feet will feel as smooth as they would after a pedi. It's definitely a good enough result for anyone who's not a foot model or severely an@l about their feet.

To do a full at-home pedi, I start by getting my feet soft and damp in the shower or a bowl of warm water. Then I scrub everything with my Mr. Pumice (dark purple side on the calloused parts, light purple side everywhere else) and Blue Cross. Then I cut and file my toenails, remove old polish, buff, and push back the cuticles. Then I put on new polish and some lotion, and that's it. For all intents and purposes, it's as good as the salon.

Get this. Go to Sally's and find the Mr. Pumice with a dark purple side and a light purple side and no handle. It might take awhile to find, but it'll be in there. And get some Blue Cross while you're at it.

Trust the MUA and do it.

UPDATE: This thing gets really, really gross, and I am not aware of any way to clean it. The first several times you use it, it's magical, but then it gets grosser and grosser and you have to throw it out. Rinsing with water or just washing with soap does NOT clean it for me. If I can't find a solution to this problem, I'm going to have to switch to the Micro-Pedi. Anyone?

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by narnia90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yeah, I'm not exaggerating when I say I have never seen an average person with as much callused and dry feet as my own. Not kidding when I say, 3 times using this little scrubb'y in the shower with applying AmLactin after has transformed my feet. I wish I would've gotten this like 15 years ago! Some reviews complain about it coming a part/flaking, but I didn't think it was that big of a deal, some little-tiny crumbs, but nothing really to speak of.
SO THRILLED with this product, and will definitely buy again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by babykaics

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The best pumice bar ever made! My feet suffer a lot and get easily calloused, so when I discovered this pumice bar, I had to buy it immediately. It gets rid of tough skin within seconds and makes my skin so much smoother. Definite staple.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by rsrs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love using this on my feet in the shower, makes them very soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2012 8:20:00 AM More reviews by 1Bruce1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Learned about these treasures while getting a pedi. They work wonders. I get mine at Sally's. I've only used in the shower, though supposedly you can use them dry as well. Sometimes I use them on little calluses on the palm of my hand. Al in all, a miracle worker!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2012 10:35:00 AM More reviews by SagWriter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OMG, YES! I took mine with me to a small neighborhood place. They loved it. I don't think they're going to buy them, for the little salon; but the owner's getting one for her husband. THE BEST. EVER. I even use the lavendar side on my hands, elbows, and knees.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by frostbites

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am forever grateful for this.
Trust MUA on this one. It is THAT good.
It saved me a lot of money I otherwise would have had to spend on pedicures.
This way, I buy my cheap Mr. Pumice and get to splurge on other, more interesting makeup purchases.
Just wanted to add another 5 star review because I felt I owed it to MUA. Thank you, lovely reviewers of MUA for taking the time to rave over products that fully deserve it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Can't live without it, especially in the summer when I'm barefoot or wearing sandals a lot. A simple, perfect buffer that lasts forever and works like a charm.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by fabulousSHEL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the best buffer for your feet. I bought it at Sally's for a little under $2 and this does the job perfectly. I typically use this in the shower 1-2 to times a week. Awesome for in between pedicure visits!