Nivea Hydro Care

3.9

Active: Octinoxate, Avobenzone, Other: Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Microcrystalline Wax, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cetyl Palmitate, Myristyl Myristate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Water, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, C20-40 Alkyl Stearate, Beeswax, Fragrance

on 4/3/2013 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this lip balm because it is very handy and feels quite moisturising when you put it on your lips. However, the moisture only stays for a very short period of time. Since I am currently living in the UK and there is snow still outside of my room, the air is still quite dry and this has not been working for me. Perhaps when it becomes warmer, it'll have a better result.

on 3/31/2013 12:31:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

As much as I want to like this stuff I don't. It comes in super cute packaging with appealing smells and flavours and glides on nicely, doesn't feel heavy and what not but it just does not work.

on 3/24/2013 6:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I recently bought this as I wanted a simple lip balm that would hydrate my lips without adding colour or flavour/scent. It does a great job, it has the lightest of scents and glides on smoothly, and hydrates my lips well. I haven't been using it for very long, but it is one of my favourites.

on 3/16/2013 6:52:00 AM

I am a regular user of Nivea lip balms, and although not my favourite, it's still wonderful! My lips are so soft now, and it gives the right amount of shine without looking glossy (having oily skin means glossy lips don't really look good!). I completely recommend this product, and all other Nivea lip balms!

on 3/14/2013 7:00:00 PM

I absolutely love this lip balm! I bought it by chance while travelling as had forgotten my usual one and my lips were parched. This rapidly rehydrated them! It glides on very smoothly which I find a real benefit as when my lips are really dry sometimes dragging a balm across them can be deeply unpleasant. It has no real scent and doesn't leave a shine on your lips, just a vague 'moist' look. I would definitely buy this again, dropped some stars because as another reviewer has mentioned the stick has a tendency to disappear back down the tube when you're trying to apply it, and it doesn't last as long as a more waxy balm! Overall, excellent balm.

on 3/6/2013 7:59:00 AM

I was on a long car ride yesterday. Heat was on, lips got dry. Pulled this out. Went on very smoothly, EVERY HALF HOUR! The more I put on the drier my lips got! Ended up pulling over at a gas station and got the milk and honey one. AWWWW that's better. Terrible. Definitely not recommended. Tossed

on 3/2/2013 7:35:00 PM

I really like this lip balm. It's one of my favorite lip balms. I had a mild case of seborrheic dermatitis around my mouth, chin, and lip area, causing the skin to flake and split at the corners of my lips. It hurt to open my mouth or even eat! I used EOS and Chapstick lip balms at the time which did not work for me. They felt too waxy and heavy and temporarily relieved the dryness, but the cracks wouldn't heal. Then I found this lip balm one day when I left my old lip balm at home and my lips were feeling tight and super dry, and I really had to find a drugstore real quick. My friend who was with me suggested Nivea, so I bought this one. It's light and not as waxy as EOS or Chapstick. It completely healed my lips and now my lips are soft and smooth again. I am now addicted and I apply it every time I have it near me lol!

on 2/23/2013 9:54:00 AM

I bought this from boots whilst out shopping, I'd had chapped lips for about two weeks and Vaseline just wasn't working for me. I had a look around and decided to try the Nivea lip balm and it's the best thing I've ever done! It took about a week of constant applying for me to see a difference and now my lips are so smooth! I don't think I'll even bother trying different lip balms now, this one has won me over!

on 11/25/2012 6:10:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Very good lip balm that is very gentle on the lips and glides easily. The scent is a very light banana or shea butter scent. Nivea lip balm packaging is always very cute, which looks & feels much better than the chapsticks. Moisturizing ability is quite good, only needs re-applying a few times a day (easily done!). However if you have lips that dry really easily like mine, maybe a liquid lip gloss will work a bit better.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have extremely dry lips so i really needed a moisturising lip balm. In a rush i picked this up, it cost me around $3. At first i wasn't so pleased, as i thought it made no difference to my lips. But after using it daily for about 2 months, i can honestly say that my lips don't chap much at all anymore, and i really do think it was this lip balm that did that. Definitely would repurchase!