October 2, 2014 | 992 users online

Makeup Brushes - Make Up For Ever - Kabuki Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by ilovechocolat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this brush. It's amazing, i use it everyday. It's the best brush for applying setting powder, loose or pressed. i'm guessing it might also be good at applying a very subtle layer of bronzer. It distributes powder so evenly, you don't get spots on your face where you have to blend better because there's too much product and it looks cakey. saves you a lot of time in the morning.
It's very very soft, and it comes with it's own little pouch, very convenient.
it's a great investment, and i don't know how much it costs on the us, but in my country it cost me as much as my 224 from mac, which is an eye brush. If found it to be pretty inexpensive for the quality.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 5:33:00 PM More reviews by librariandiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, $40 is a LOT to pay for such a tiny kabuki brush, BUT this is worth every penny! I debated whether or not to get it, but after I lost mt favorite Smashbox brush, I had to replace with something good. I love the fact that this comes with its own carrying case. SO important to me because its hard to carry this type of brush in your purse without it getting powder everywhere! It fits perfectly in any size purse.
The brush is beyond soft. It's almost whisper soft. I know it sounds weird, but sometimes I swipe it over my face without even dipping it into powder first as a kind of relaxing therapy. I think you will find yourself doing this, too! This also spreads any mineral makeup or powder you have beautifully. I use Smashbox Halo Hydrating Powder, this brush picks up everything and smooths it over my face perfectly. You won't regret investing in this, its well worth the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by gina01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

THIS BRUSH IS SOOOOOOOOOO SOFT!!! Softer than ANY brush ive ever used/felt. The only thing im sorry about is that i didnt buy it sooner. This brush gives even distribution of any powder, i prefer to use it for bronzer and sometimes blush although you can use it for other powders (loose/compact) as well. You can easily build coverage and it has a realy nice finish. Sometimes after applying face powder, bronzer, and blush i just use the brush to buff everything together and set it in which makes it last longer. This brush stays soft even with product buildup, but yu shld still wash it regularly. I haven't had any problems with shedding or discoloration on my face from the dye. And of course its small and portable and even comes with a little case so i carry it everywhere. Ive heard of ppl using it to apply liquid foundation but i have not tried that yet, i guess im scared of ruining the brush. This is definately the best Kabuki i own, prior to this i was using the Smashbox body brush which is also good. It is expensive but def worth it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2009 1:53:00 AM More reviews by CaliforniaKush

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There is nothing i dont love about this brush!! It's sooooo soft and i haven't had it shed at all so far. It is a little bit pricey but definately worth the money. The Bare escentuals kabuki brush i use with my bare mineral is soooo rough and makes my skin flake. I didn't have that issue at all with this brush. It's also awesome at building coverage with a powder or mineral foundation. I definately recommend it and will buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2009 2:02:00 PM More reviews by B3AUTyxEX0TiC

This brush is expensive, but totally worth every dollar. I loved the size when I first saw it but I loved it even more when I used this for blush. It blends in with my skin tone smoothly and gives a great finishing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2009 2:48:00 AM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was a little worried about buying this brush because the cost is so steep, but I have been very happy with it. It is my most versatile brush. I use it to apply primer, foundation, and powder. I even use it to bluff everything out and make my skin look amazing. This brush is very soft and cleans easily. I usually clean it with Clinique brush cleaner. I am really impressed with this brush. My skin looks airbrushed when I use it and it is the brush that I use the most. I think it is an overall wise investment. I have had mine for a couple of months and it still looks new. It does not shed. I like the bag it comes in. It makes it easy for me to clean the brush and store it away so it stays clean. I would buy this again if mine ever wears out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2009 6:01:00 PM More reviews by rbyars1

Oh my gosh ya'll..I am so excited. After reading all the fabulous reviews about this kabuki on MUA I decided to purchase one for myself and geez louise....I love it! It is sooooo soft and applies powder foundation like a dream. I was originally using the Mac 109 but that brush sheds like crazy and was getting on my nerves, this one doesn't shed a bit and feels like butta going on the skin. Love love love it. It's literally perfect for powder foundation guys, seriously... :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2009 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Arachne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've tried a few others, such as MAC, BE and LM and this is by far the best of them. It's sooooooo soft and the little pouch it comes in is a nice touch.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2009 1:42:00 AM More reviews by fancymakeup25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

THIS is the best brush I've ever had. I also own MAC, too faced, Laura Mercier, and Sephora brushes, and this is the best one. It is so soft and has never shed one bristle on me at all. It is expensive BUT high quality. It feels like a luxury to apply my powder in the morning and EVERY girl should feel that way...Its our right as women! Anyway, worth the investment and the feel of luxury on your skin!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2009 11:40:00 AM More reviews by mabinogii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the best kabuki sold in Sephora.
It is unbelievably, soft, it should be a sin. I was expecting some flaw, bt nope, 39 dollars is a very, very reasonable price for something tht applies liquids like it's airbrushed, it's amazingly dense and soft. It applies minerals and powders like a dream for full or light coverage, depending on how much product you use. It has never, ever shed a single hair on me, and it's just overall a fantastic brush. Picks up liquids and minerals both like a dream.

This and the Too Faced are some of the softest brushes available on the market, but I prefer this one.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No