March 2, 2015 | 1069 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2015 8:36:00 PM More reviews by dladymuse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this because so many people love this mascara. It gave me some length, that is about it. However any mascara will give me length after I curl them. I also have long lashes to begin with. There was no volume at all with this mascara and I didn't use the waterproof version.They also looked too spidery for my taste and they clumped. I like the rocket by maybelline and their falsies, but this one is just blah. I looked like I had barely any lashes. They looked so sparse, probably due to the clumping. There are better mascaras out there, at least for me. Going to stick with Covergirl mascaras from now on, they are so much nicer.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2015 2:43:00 AM More reviews by nikkid36

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pros: I love how my eyelashes look when I use this mascara. It does volumize and lengthen my lashes without clumps.

Cons: This mascara flakes so much, regardless of how long I have been wearing it or how long I have had the tube. That is why I wouldn't buy again. It also does a slightly stronger scent (compared to other mascaras) when applying.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2015 8:39:00 AM More reviews by 6thmercury

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

At first, I didnt like this product. The bristles is too large for me. But after trying it a few more times, I like the results that it gives me. I bought the waterproof since those are the only mascaras that I can use. I still like Loreal mascaras better though because of their wands.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2015 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Casiopeea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I used this I was thrilled. It coated my lashes wonderfully, it volumised, lengthened my lashes better than everything I had worn before. I don't know what is it about this mascara that works so nicely, the brush looks nothing special so it was kind of amazing. I could almost put as many coats as I liked without it sticking my lashes together at all, it made me have a million thick, long, lashes. But it has a big minus. It flakes :( and quite badly so . After little time I would find small flakes under my eyes and that's terrible. Such a shame, really, this would be my favorite if it wouldn't be for the flaking problem.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2015 4:43:00 AM More reviews by Ehg23

This is great but gets clumpy towards the end of the tube/ a lot of use of the brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2015 1:25:00 PM More reviews by dlittlegarden

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is amazing at keep a curl on my thin, straight lashes. When I remove my makeup at the end of the day, my lashes seem somehow MORE curled than when I started. This mascara doesn't clump at all, however, it is also hard for me to achieve speedy volume at the base of my lashes. It does create long, whispy individual lashes, though.

My biggest gripe about this mascara is that it flakes. I'll find little black pieces on my cheeks and nose throughout the day, which then smear when I try to remove them.

For full, lush lashes, my favorite drugstore products are Clump Crusher and Jordana's mascara in the black tube with purple writing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2015 1:21:00 AM More reviews by cutieblakcat

MY HOLY GRAIL. BEST MASCARA, DOESN'T CLUMP. THANK YOU HOLLIE FORREST ONCE AGAIN FOR HOOKING ME ON THIS STUFF! SUPER LIGHTWEIGHT, DOESN'T SMUDGE OR FLAKE, LEAVES LASHES SOFT, VOLUMINOUS, AND LENGTHENED!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2015 5:58:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I remember this being good, so I picked it up when I went to buy the new Lash Sensational. But when I applied one on each eye in the car, I was really underwhelmed. It's been a while since I bought this and since then I had moved on to many mascaras, mainly Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion. So compared to the LS (which I LOVED instantly, btw) and what I was used to recently I'm just kinda like, eh. I might return it since it's just not thrilling me, but I'll give it a few more chances. Overall it's not bad or chunky or anything, just that I have more voluminous and WOW mascaras.

I tried again and it does seem to compare to my general mascara, but it was a tad harder to layer. After removing some of the excess from the brush and combing the lashes, it did give a nice length and separation while still having volume and no clumps so I might keep this just because I got such a good deal. It's also good to have this kind of brush to clean after it's empty and use as a lash comb/brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by lalalowie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried a lot of Maybelline mascaras and this one is my all time favorite. The brush does a really good job of separating my lashes and the mascara itself really lengthens and thickens my lashes. It's not waterproof but it doesn't smudge like the other mascaras, along with that it keeps a curl too :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2014 2:48:00 AM More reviews by deadmap

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara is fine for me, though I only really buy it once a year or so. I typically use Maybelline's Great Lash, which has a tiny wand. The wand for this mascara is quite large, and doesn't do a great job for my lower lashes.

This mascara does lengthen and thicken my lashes. The effect is pretty dramatic. I didn't notice any fall out, but I did find the mascara dried up quicker than my other mascaras. I don't have any real complaints about this, and I think it's a perfectly good drugstore mascara. One of the better ones, if you want a full and long effect on your lashes that is definitely noticeable.

I also prefer smaller wands for my mascara, so that's why I don't purchase this one often. The size of the wand is ridiculous compared to my eye size and I couldn't really get the product into the inner corner area of my eyelashes either. I think it's just something to do with preference. If this product had a smaller wand, I would repurchase.