April 24, 2014 | 1834 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Porridge Soap

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 8:11:00 AM More reviews by BeeBonnet

This particular Lush soap feels too abrasive to use daily. It's great for exfoliation at times, but I won't get that much use out of it for the price. I do love the scent of this though, very "foodie", creamy and yummy. I really wanted to like this. Porridge does work well on feet though to smooth rough skin.

Editing this to add*** after trying this out by lathering it up in a "poof" sponge instead of directly on skin, I have to say I LOVE it! This soap actually makes plenty of creamy lather, and my skin was left smooth and soft. I think I will repurchase and raised it 1 Lippie :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 3:55:00 AM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Got a sample of this at store. I don't see anything great about it - the smell is not nice and the soap is very drying, breaks in pieces, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by klasia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this will be a staple in my shower (together with HoneyIWashedTheKids). i have been using this every other day for about a month and a half now and i love it! i use it primarily as a body exfoliator especially for my backside. it lasts longer and is cheaper than buffy, you snap the whip or aqua mirabilis BUT i must say it is not moisturizing like the latter 3. so, when i want a good scrub i use this AND moisturize after. the smell is just okay because for me nothing compares to HIWTK. i find the coarseness of the oats perfect and what i absolutely love about this is how the suds develop into a soothing cream!

p.s. if you are like my husband who is sensitive, you might find the coarseness too harsh. i insisted that he use it and when he did, he immediately complained about how sharp it was. i saw that it left red streaks on his arm and tummy--areas where he tried them. he still goes back to you snap the whip and aqua mirabilis for exfoliation.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by al218

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't hate it. I really don't. I love the scrub in it. Really feels nice. I wish the scent was just a little better.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2012 6:20:00 AM More reviews by fashionbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Goodness me. This smells incredible. I will be using this throughout winter, it is the most beautiful scent. At first, it flakes off a little bit in the shower. Then, half way through, it's kind of hard to use because it is so flaky and I end up scooting around cleaning up after it. It is sort of exfoliating with it's chunkiness, but not in a sugar scrub way. Sadly the scent doesn't linger for long, I wish I could smell like this all day! It's a shame I can't get the smell of this without the fuss of tidying it up. I thought I could manage it at first, but after I got through half the soap, it just annoyed me. Still, it's a beautiful smelling wintery soap, and I might buy it again because of the lovely smell alone.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by minminXP

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This soap smells really good, exfoliates fairly well and leaves the skin feeling soft and smooth.

But what I don't like about this soap is that it has so many little chunks of oats in it, that it's constantly dropping out whenever I use it. The size of the soap shrinks so fast, and its such an expensive piece of soap that can only be used for such a short span of time. What's more, it's a pain to clean up after. There's so many pieces of oats on the floor that the drain might get clogged up after your shower. It's really annoying.

No matter how much I liked the smell and the texture of the soap, I find that it's more trouble and expense than its worth.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 6:19:00 AM More reviews by cupcakeofmylife

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

best soap ever!! i wasn't too impressed with the scent in the store but then i decided to buy it anyway because i heard oatmeal works really good for skin. i took a shower with it and this delicious yummy oatmeal scent comes out! i LOVE the scent so much!! it also leaves my skin so smooth and moisturised afterwards. two thumbs up!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2012 4:40:00 AM More reviews by Sambalina82

This soap is great! I heard porridge is great for dry skins/eczema, so I decided to buy a small piece and try it on myself and my son. It smells delicious and leaves skin smooth and moisturised. Great!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2012 9:13:00 AM More reviews by Summerbeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely loved the smell of this soap. I actually first bought it for the delicious scent alone. However, I was plesently surprised by how well it lathered and moisturised my skin. Great! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

I had been wanting to try Porridge for years based on the smell alone, but hearing people say that this soap is really messy and super harsh always scared me away. I finally recently decided to just buy this and try it for myself, and I'm glad I did!
The scent of this soap is delicious. To me, it smells like warm, baked muffins and molasses and a little bit of orange juice. It smells like a yummy breakfast and I love it! The smell doesn't linger on your skin after the shower though, so don't worry about smelling like muffins all day.
The first few times I used Porridge, it created a nice, creamy lather and the oatmeal pinheads gently exfoliated my skin. But, like everyone else said, the more you use this the more the oatmeal pieces come out. The exfoliation did become more rough, but it still lathers very well. This soap can definitely be harsh (I've come out of the shower with red scratch marks down my arms and legs!), but I don't have sensitive skin and I love really scrubbing all those dead skin cells off. If you can handle relatively harsh body scrubs, I would definitely check this out because the results are definitely worth it. My skin has never been so soft in my life and the KP on my upper arms is drastically improving. Once I reached the middle of the bar, I began using this along with a separate shower gel to really get myself clean. Since the scent of Porridge doesn't linger, you can use any soap or shower gel along with this without getting conflicting scents on your skin.
Another tip -- Once the oatmeal pinheads started becoming more abundant, I decided to run this under the water every time I moved on to a new area of the body. This keeps the pinheads soft and prevents them from getting too scratchy. I thought this would make my Porridge melt away too quickly, but this soap is lasting me a very long time, especially for how often I run it under the water.
And regarding the mess this leaves -- Yes, oatmeal pieces will fall out of this bar. But I've never had more than maybe 10 pieces sticking to the tub, and all it takes is a quick swipe of the shower head to rinse them all down the drain.
Once I run out of my bar, I'm planning on buying a huge chunk of this and always keeping it in my shower to use several times a week as an exfoliator and to help with my KP. I love this stuff and I would highly recommend!