LUSH Porridge Soap

3.6

Water (Aqua), Rapeseed Oil; Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Cocos nucifera), Propylene Glycol, Pinhead Oatmeal (Avena sativa), Fresh Organic Orange Juice (Citrus Aurantium dulcis), Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Perfume, Labdanum Resinoid (Cistus labdaniferus), Sweet Wild Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis), Glycerine, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Editronate, *Limonene *Occurs naturally in essential oils

on 3/19/2013 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I was at a Lush store in Las Vegas and my husband smelled this soap and flipped out in the store. He grabbed the biggest hunk he could and told the sales girl he wanted it all. I had to break it to him gently that he could not have a $75 slab of soap. He pouted and I gave in and told the girl to cut in half. Now I have $38 worth of porridge soap. This should last me all year. To me, it has a beautiful cocoa, coffee scent to it but it's not overpowering. It's a great exfoliator and it makes the skin very soft. It's one of the best smelling Lush soaps there is in my opinion. I took a chunk to my sister and our grand niece who is 19 months old smelled it and yelled "MMMMM" and tried to eat it.

on 1/19/2013 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

PRICE: $6 per 100g is a lil too steep for me

PRODUCT: This is the only Lush soap's scent that I can handle. I am one of those people with sensitive dry skin that is allergic to fragrance found in most soap products (aka. Bath and Body shop is a nightmare for me).

CONCLUSION: This soap had a nice exfoliating effect while NOT drying my skin out. Will repurchase if Lush has a sale going on, otherwise its waaaaaay too expensive for soap.

on 1/10/2013 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I dont know why people dont like this it is one of lushes best soaps and products! It smells like roasted oats mixed with marshmellows and is effective at exfoliating the skin. It also cleans well and leaves my skin soft!

on 1/10/2013 4:01:00 AM

Was first attracted to the delicious malt-like smell and because I thought it might be more beneficial for the skin than most of the other Lush soaps.
Like the other Lush soaps, this is quite creamy to the touch and lathers well (in soft-water zones). One problem is that after you use it a few times, more of the soap washes off than the oats, and you're left with a rougher bar that becomes an effective body soap, but possibly too rough for some faces. It also has a tendency to crumble into smaller pieces and fall off as the soap "erodes" off the oats.
Definitely recommend cutting into smaller chunks and keeping unused portions cool and dry to minimize unnecessary product waste. I keep them in the fridge with a "Soap! Do Not Eat!" label because - well, you never know.
All in all, pretty nice concept but too costly for a soap that I can't conveniently use on the face, so I probably won't repurchase while I'm working my way through other Lush products. I can't help thinking it would work better tubbed in a loose form like Herbalism.

on 11/3/2012 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this soap! It smells like oatmeal and brown sugar with the tiniest hint of Orange juice. I thought the bits of oatmeal were pretty annoying, to be honest. I'm not big on exfoliating because I have a tan and don't want to scrub it away... So I usually just rub it between my hands and use it that way. It's not enough to keep me from using it, but I unfortunately would purchase other soaps over this one because of the oatmeal. I will definitely repurchase because the scent is just gorgeous! Just not as often as I would if it didn't have the oatmeal. The lather is gorgeous as well, super milky and luxurious. I found it to be moisturizing compared to other soaps. I do worry about it clogging my drain.... Hopefully not:/ seriously though, uniquely gorgeous scent, I do recommend this soap!

on 10/2/2012 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This soap smells delicious. It exfoliates wonderfully. But it is incredibly expensive and leaves tons of little oat pieces all over the bottom of the shower. Every once in a while I pop in and get a bar, but I don't tend to make a habit of using fancy soaps.

on 9/24/2012 9:11:00 AM

This smells amazing, or breakfast cereals covered in chocolate. It has ground up oats in it, which is why I bought it. I wanted and exfoliating soap, something similar to Buffy (also by Lush). It feels harder than some of the other Lush soaps. It melts quite quickly under the shower but it's one of Lush's cheaper soap so its not too bad. It gives my body a gentle exfoliation which isn't harsh at all. My piece of soap is covered in oats which some people don't like, but I am glad because it gives me an even exfoliation.
A 100g bar lasts me about a month when I use it in every shower I have. I recommend slicing the block into small chunks so that it doesn't melt to fast. Do not leave this in the shower, it will melt. I will by this again after I have used some of my other Lush soaps.

on 9/18/2012 8:49:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This was one of the first LUSH products I tried and I really wanted to love it..it just isn't for me, I guess. As others have said, its too abrasive/scratchy for me to use directly on my skin. Other than that, the smell is pretty nice, but not to die for like I expected. I will say though that I am not a fan of bar soaps in general anyway, so maybe if you are this would be okay?

on 9/18/2012 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This particular Lush soap feels too abrasive to use daily. It's great for exfoliation at times, but I won't get that much use out of it for the price. I do love the scent of this though, very "foodie", creamy and yummy. I really wanted to like this. Porridge does work well on feet though to smooth rough skin.

Editing this to add*** after trying this out by lathering it up in a "poof" sponge instead of directly on skin, I have to say I LOVE it! This soap actually makes plenty of creamy lather, and my skin was left smooth and soft. I think I will repurchase and raised it 1 Lippie :)

on 9/18/2012 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Got a sample of this at store. I don't see anything great about it - the smell is not nice and the soap is very drying, breaks in pieces, etc.