August 31, 2014 | 1031 users online

Concealers - Cover Girl - TruConceal concealer [DISCONTINUED]

Cover Girl recommends http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=3414/Invisible-Concealer/Cover-Girl/Concealers as a replacement

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Bella06

I have always been lucky enough to have nice skin; however, I got a couple of blemishes at the start of the year and without thinking about whether this was oil-free or not, I bought it and started using it. Couldn't work out why my skin was becoming more and more blocked up, but it was unfortunately this concealer, and I was silly enough to keep using it for months before I worked this out (I hadn't had to worry about blemishes much before, so thought my bad skin all of a sudden was due to stress or hormonal changes, and just kept concealing away...) It concealed fine, but I would never touch it again as it blocked up my skin and made it a right mess. However, may work well for other people who can use concealers that aren't oil-free, or that aren't prone to blemishes. One of the first ingredients is mineral oil, so I would certainly avoid this concealer if oil breaks you out.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2011 1:23:00 AM More reviews by ely617

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This gave me decent coverage on my undereye circles, but it doesn't last more than a few hours even with a setting powder on top. It never covered blemishes very well for me because it wouldn't have enough coverage if I blended it over them but it would get cakey looking if I just barely blended it on top of them. It's not that bad, but I don't recommend it because there are other drugstore ones that are better.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2011 1:59:00 PM More reviews by saraa321

Pros:
    - Gave me amazing coverage on my acne scars and redness around my nose when I dabbed it into place as opposed to blending it

Cons:
    - Didn't last long at all
    - Made my under-eyes look gray
    - Cracked when applied on blemishes
    - Practically disappeared when I blended it - no coverage then

Basically, it's all about how you apply it. For me, it's definitely not worth the $8 I paid, considering it lasts for only a few hours. I don't recommend this. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by medinaneenah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nice coverage but it leaves my skin with a pinkish tint that is no bueno. I scooped it up for 2.50 so I'm not that upset about it. I'll use it for quickie-get-out-of-the-house-jobs.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Tjlove23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought at Walmart for about $6.00. The color matched perfectly. One of the best matches I've ever had. However, the product is so watery! The consistency is so thin it provides no coverage at all. Total waste of money. Trashed it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by krysiaheartsbeauty

Basicaly I was (and am) so in love with my Covergirl NatureLuxe foundation, I saw this in the store and decided maybe it could as good as my foundation>I was wrong.WRONG.WRONG.WRONG.When I first opened the bottle, it smelt horrible.My thought as it smelt like old,not blowed up ballons and plastic. Gross!I first put it on with a concealer brush, for I thought hey,maybe since it says its so blendable, I wont have to use the warmth of my fingers to dissolve it into my skin.And btw I was using this under my eyes.Anyways,I tried to blend it out with my brush and it did not work at all.It basically sat on my brush and didnt blend at all into my skin.So I decided maybe I will just use my fingers.I was actually being quite nice to this product.So I attempted to blend it,and it blended more then it did with the brrush but it didnt just dissolve into my skin, like it claims to.It sat ontop of my face, and looked cakey, dry and only after a few minutes, it started settling into fine lines and creasing terribly.So I decided to just put it away and maybe try it again in a couple of weeks.So after 2 weeks, I pulled it out of my vanity, put it on.And the excact same thing happens.But worse.I decided to wear it for just like a half an hour to see what happened.It owre off after 20 minutes and my whole undereye are was puffy,bright red,dry and itchy.Thats what drew my last straw with this.It took about a week for my eyes to heal and immdiatley I threw this in the garbage.WORST CONCEALER I HAVE EVER TRIED.Please spare yourself before you by this and waste your money.THIS CONCEALER SUCKS.Thats basically all.
    Hope this helped!:)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by nabila714

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i really like the color matching for this product! it matched my skin perfectly. its true its not as full coverage, but if you put a foundation over it, it works very well. i like the lipgloss type of applicator.
    UPDATE: DO NOTTTTTT use for your under eye, it is awful and makes your eyes look grey. this made my under eyes look so much worse than without concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 5:36:00 PM More reviews by sassysisters

I am surprised by all the negative reviews! Though I do not have any major blemishes, I use this and powder alone for coverage. Even though I am not particularly fair, I wear the lightest shade for most of the year and the second-lightest during the summer months.I find that it blends very well with my skin tone and offers great coverage for both blemishes and redness. It is inexpensive and long-lasting... I never need to re-apply during the day. I would recommend it to anyone with a few minor skin issues.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2011 4:56:00 AM More reviews by alee26

I brought the very lightest shade awhile ago. The shade matched me fairly well but was hopeless in covering under-eye circles or blemishes. Infact, it left a grey cast under my eyes. Not attractive. Don't recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by myluv4mac23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this concealer is rubbish. the packaging dints really easy, the writing rubbed off in the 3rd day. the doe foot applicator applys well, like a lip gloss. it does not blend well. it doesnt cover up any redness, blemishes or dark circles. i would not recommend it.