January 27, 2015 | 1763 users online

Mascara - Elizabeth Arden - Ceramide Lash Extending Treatment Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by elliesky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

got this in a bundle deal from costco along with the night cream which was very budget friendly. it performed above expectations. the formula was very nourishing- a welcomed change from drying waterproof formulas. it came off easily with soap and water. it would have been 5 stars if it didn't kill my curls upon contact. with that said, it's a very nice, healthy formulation that will prevent further damage done to weakened lashes if not enhance their growth at best. however, since it cannot hold curls I will not consider purchasing it at the original cost nor at a discounted cost; but I will recommend it to all those who have naturally curled lashes and would like to enjoy the additional layer of protection in its nourishing formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by gracet279

I wasn't expecting much from this mascara and was pleasantly surprised for how well it worked. I also LOVE the formula! Its really thick but smooth at the same time and it is VERY build-able. I could put on a ton of layers and it wouldn't clump. The color is great as well and I have noticed healthier lash! My lashes are stronger, slightly darker and slightly longer. The health of my eyelashes are noticeable but the improved length and darkness of my lashes aren't that noticeable unless I really examine them. This mascara is also great as a base since it mainly lengthens the lashes instead of creating volume in them. (It lengthens my lashes so much!) What I do is put on 2 coats of this mascara and pair it with a light coat of volumizing mascara. This makes my eyelashes pop. The curl stays on pretty long but I have notice it to smudge a tad bit it you where it for too long.

Even though I like this mascara, I wouldn't buy it again because of how expensive it is. I'm pretty sure there is a better lash treatment out there that is worth its price and can give a dramatic difference.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by mishkey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

my lash type: long and thin, they point straight down, i have a lot of eyelashes

pros:
-it REALLY grows your lashes! i've noticed my eyelashes to be longer and more full after i started using it
-holds a curl
-beautiful natural,healthy, looking lashes
-good at pairing with other mascara

cons:
-lacks volume
-smudges if you live in a very humid place or have very very oily skin
-expensive at $25

i love this mascara! i'm actually using my third tube of this.
it really grows your lashes! you can actually notice a BIG difference at the length and fullness
i use this as my mascara "base" and put on my other mascara that gives me drama because this is not a mascara if you want dramatic looks.
i will be repurchasing this for the sake that it conditions and grows my eyelashes :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by poppydoll

One of the very few mascaras I've repurchased over and over.

Pros:
- Light formula, holds curls
- Separates lashes very well
- Zero clumps, no flakes
- Leaves lashes very soft and fluttery
- Layers well with other mascaras
- My short/sparse/stubby lashes have grown considerably longer and thicker since using this
- The growth formula doesn't irritate my eyes the way other serums have

Cons:
- Does not add volume
- Not incredibly versatile. More of a daytime look since it doesn't add much drama
- Formula can dry out pretty quickly

This is a very natural looking mascara that I wear everyday. I actually just got this because I loved the formula, and the resulting longer and thicker lashes was just an added bonus. It doesn't add volume but a volumizing mascara on top of this (whenever I need it) fixes it right up. Will continue to buy

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Lizawasadiver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is pretty long-lasting, and does noticeably extend the lashes while leaving them feeling soft. However, it doesn't pack enough volume for my teensy cils, so I can't justify spending $20 on it. For someone richer or with fuller lashes, this would be a fine product!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by jsublett

So good-noclumps

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by modelsoup202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Actually this mascara was really cheap because I bought it in a special pack at Costco. If I bought it at the original price I do not know if my review would be so positive. This mascara gives decent length and volume and doesnt weigh down my Asian lashes when applied correctly. But, the best part of this mascara is that my lashes still feel soft and fluttery after I apply this mascara. That is something I LOVE about this mascara. Still need to use it more to comment on its staying power, but so far, I am really liking this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this product from the same place as 'slivka81' (a reviewer below), so I can't complain about the price! -Most drug store mascaras are way over 5, these days, plus I can actually see the quality in this mascara. I've used lots of high-end macaras to date- including Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill, ones from YSL, Dior, Chanel, D&G, Shiseido, Givenchy etc and I have to say this one still had the ability to impress.
I like the fact this treatment gives a colour (I got the 'Midnight' shade, which is a very dark blue) which is good for my blue/grey eyes, helping to bring out there colour more (black mascara just makes my eyes look dark and colourless). I currently use this with my Dr.Hauschka and MAC Zoom Fast Lash mascaras (but to be honest, I don't think it matters what mascaras you use this with as it gives its own effect), and it doesn't clump at all. It just gives beautifully separated and lovely long lashes without looking messy or tacky. I'm really impressed and I am glad I bought it.
I have always used a lot of mascaras (up to four on my lashes at one time) but using a lash extending treatement really makes the effect more sophicated and tidy looking, which is great for an office look-and lasts all day for me, so using this has converted me to using lash extending treatments more in future.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by slivka81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this on a whim for about a fiver in TKMaxx, so I can't really complain. I did not realize I bought it in 'blue' - the shade called Midnight should have been a clue:) I panicked slightly, as I am very pale and a red head and I would never buy a blue mascara. However, I was pleasantly surprised, the color was not as bright as it looked in the tube, but rather dark blue, so in a broad daylight, I have a hint of blue on my eyelashes, lovely. But that's where it ends for me.
I have fairly long but thin eyelashes - I am always looking for volume and this definitely does not give any (not it does claim it would, so fair enough).Also, I do not believe in marketing tactics of 'making your lashes look x%longer' - if you don't have them physically, mascara can not give you a length that is not there in the first place. Thickness with the right texture - yes, length, no way. Mascaras cannot perform miracles, as much as we would like them to believe.
I use this for day look, as apart from the lovely color, it does not do anything else for me. I am always on the go as my job involves to be on the move&I travel a lot on public transport, so any mascara I wear gets tried and tested properly-hot/cold, wet/humid conditions etc. This one fades away after a few hours. It is basically gone at the end of my 8 hour shift. If you have an office job, then perhaps it would be fine. Not for me. Would I buy again? Yes, if I got it for a fiver again. Otherwise no way. I have been using it for a month now and no lash extending so far - as I said earlier, I do not believe in such gimmicks anyway, so did not even expect it. As one lady said in her earlier post, take such claims at face value. But at least I got to try a mascara in blue shade:-)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2012 2:46:00 AM More reviews by eveliya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This mascara makes my lashes look long and thick. I like working with it, I like the brush and the fluid has a nice soft texture though it doesn't get too smudgy when applying. But the result does not last, after about an hour on it starts smudging and flaking. Before I used this mascara I had never had an allergic reaction to anything, but this made my eyes horribly itchy and rinning. Ever since I've used this I've started to react on other cosmetics as well. Because of this I could not use it long enough to see if it did lengthen my lashes.