November 29, 2014 | 1171 users online

Foundations - Yves Saint Laurent - Matt Touch Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2009 3:14:00 PM More reviews by 212aaa212

Advantages: matte looking face with amazing texture,oil free,no break outs,natural looking,amazing smell,good colours,easy to blend,creamy
Disadvantages: finishes quickly,, could be a better coverage

overall:its a mousse foundation but is more liquidly than maybeline dream matte mousse foundation,its buildable coverage buts it doesn't help in covering my bad bags..so i have to put lots of concealer which equals cakeyness.

i would repurchase if it had more coverage but i recommend it for oily skin and for people who want medium coverage

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2009 11:42:00 PM More reviews by jenniferm6904

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this foundation after reading the MA reviews. When I initially tried it, I thought it was amazing. The texture of the creme is very nice and it goes on smooth, leaving a silky touch to your skin but with a matte look. I bought it in 8 and it looked fantastic. I used it for a month or two and was very happy with it. I would put my daily moisturizer on, then the YSL foundation, powder to set it, and then a little blush/bronzer. I though I had found my HG foundation. Unfortunately, when I changed my moisturizer, the application completely changed. I decided to try a new daily moisturizer, Shiseido's Bio Performance Super Refining Essence. When I put the foundation over it, some of it stayed but some started to flake off right away, as if the moisturizer was almost repelling it. On parts of my face, the foundation would clump together and get very blotchy.
I absolutely love the way the moisturizer makes my skin feel, so I chose to stop using the foundation. Its a darn shame because I still think its a fantastic product. So I would suggest that anyone who wants to try this foundation, see if you can get a sample and make sure that it works in combination with your moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2009 3:06:00 AM More reviews by cmikimoto

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm Asian and have a fair (yellow based) complexion. I've been using #2 and it blends very well. I like the feel of this foundation (like a fluffy silicone), and the way it applies. It fills in my pores and leaves me with a very smooth and even complexion. Do note, that I use a mineral powder to set it, consequently it lasts all day and into the evening. Occassionally I'll have to touch up once during the late afternoon. I'm very pleased with this foundation and will most definitely purchase it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2009 11:46:00 PM More reviews by DjoannaGrace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought I'm gonna like this, the texture is ok, its easy to blend but I didnt like its coverage on my face. I used mine twice i think but then got tired of it. I would prefer using my l'oreal powder foundation over this one. Had a hard time getting my color match, so I bought 2 shades to be safe. I used the them but i cant tell what shade suited me well...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2008 8:17:00 AM More reviews by askr

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loved the natural looking pore diminishing matte finish of this foundation. Care needed though as it will accentuate any flakes. I even found 2 color matches--7 for summer skin, 4 for winter! However each time I'd use this foundation, I would get a breakout the following day. I took breaks from the foundation and reintroduced it- and did this over a month with the same outcome. I think the high silicone content in the ingredient list is the culprit.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2008 3:46:00 AM More reviews by andal

Great product. Mousse-like consistency, very soft, sheer but matte. Just have to find right shade. For my medium fair, warm toned skin this is No. 7 (for winter) and No. 8 (for summer). And it seems not drying, too.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2008 1:52:00 PM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this after a makeover, which, when I left the store, I was pleased with. But after having bought the moisturizer, the eye cream and the foundation, I expected my face too look as expensive as it costed. The next day, I applied the moisturizer and eye cream, and then the foundation. It started peeling off in tiny balls. I had to wash it off and start over - I thought I had used too much moisurizer. Nope. Same thing happened. Then I tried this w/ my own moisturizer and the same thing happened. Thanks but no thanks...foundation shouldn't be this difficult. EDIT: GA Face Fabric is the best if you like sheer matte coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2008 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Glitterachi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great foundation, but the color selection is horrible it took me about a month to find my right shade. i thought id be a number 9 since im an NC 42 but it was too dark, the 7 and 8 are more pink based so i decided to get the 6, i ask for the 6 at bloomingdales and the lady gives me a 9 i guess she read it upside down and i didnt check in the bag, so another trip later i finally got my hands on the 6 and its a great match i think. and it does mattify better than other foundations i either use my MUFE mat or this.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2008 4:34:00 AM More reviews by rosrey

Always on the lookout for a mattifying foundation, I decided to try a sample of this in Sand (#4) which was a good match for me LSF 6, NC35. This is a silicone based foundation that has a mousse-like consistency and when applied to the skin, dries to a mat, powdery finish. Because it's so mat, I noticed that it has a tendency to emphasize flakes and dry spots. It's similar to Giorgio Armani Face Fabric in texture and translucent finish but it seems that YSL provides a little more coverage and is less drying. I initially liked the overall look, feel and coverage but unfortunately, just like GA, I broke out after using it for two consecutive days.

Ingredients:
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isododecane, Cyclomethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polyvinylalcohol Crosspolymer, Silica, Water, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Fragrance, Polydodecanamideaminium Triazadiphenylethenesulfonate, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Hydroxyapatite, Dicaprylyl Ether, Zinc Oxide, Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide, Titanium Dioxide, Enantia Chloranta Bark Extract, Nymphaea Alba Flower Extract, Gellan Gum, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Oleanolic Acid. [+/- May Contain: Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77019 (Mica), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77007 (Ultramarines), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet), Ci 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), Talc, Ci 75470 (Carmine), Synthetic Fluorphlogopite].

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2008 5:14:00 AM More reviews by helenaAmpjam

The smooth mousse-like texture is heavenly, glides onto skin and gives a smooth and slightly radiant complexion. Coverage is sheer and natural, comes in limited shades though, i use 02 because it's more yellow-toned, i would probably choose 01 if it wasn't so pink/orange.
Helps control oil very well without dehydrating my combi-skin, lasts in humid weather. I would definitely repurchase.
A bit put-off by the flesh-toned colour of the tube though.

I use it with matt-touch primer and it's perfect. I do not experience foundation sliding off my face.