Biore UV Perfect Face Milk SPF 50+ PA+++ [REFORMULATED 2014]

4.1

BHT

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

In the day I used biore UV perfect face milk spf 50 PA+++ but I felt that it tends to dry out my skin by mid-day. Biore UV helped to control oil for most people and feels really matte and blends into the skin superbly well but for my dry combi skin it was too drying by midday after being in an airconditioned room and my face started peeling. However ever since I started using physiogel cream in the day time too my skin stopped peeling. I managed to achieve the perfect combination of moisturised matte skin with no redness. Currently I am using Sofina perfect uv (bought it in Japan) and I find it less drying than biore. However it doesn't seem as waterproof so I alternate depending on the type of activity I do.

skin type: sensitive, acne prone, (used to be oily/combi but now dry due to acne medication)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought the blue packaging version. This is a sunblock and contains titanium dioxide and zinc oxide which physically block UV rays unlike sunscreen which filters harmful UV rays. With that said, this sunblock is definitely better than US versions of sunblocks made for the face. This is really runny and thin and can be used under makeup. However, I feel like the blue version isn't great for oil control. It definitely makes my skin oily throughout the day. But it isn't oil on contact. It is pretty white and can spread evenly on the face. It dries to a matte finish. Not sure if I'd repurchase since there are so many SPFs on the market in Asia... Might try another brand.

I love this sunscreen, it does keep the oilies away for a few hours but not a whole day. I use this as a primer under makeup. However if you have dry skin or are using products such as retin A that causes your skin to flake, this may not be suitable for you. I am on Retin A and occasionally it has caused my makeup to flake, so really moisturize well prior to applying this. This sunscreen is cheap and good and I've tried quite a number of sunscreens. They don't feel as light weight on the skin as this one does. (namely european sunscreens)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product!! I have tried everything for my oily skin and nothing has worked to control my oil like this product. I can wear my makeup all day long and there is no shine that comes through my foundation. Love it! I do have to order it off of amazon because I live in the US and it take about 3 weeks to get here but it's totally worth it!

I have been using this for 3 years now, and while I love it, it does have the silicon feel upon application and its a tad bit too watery. However, value for money and does the job well, doesn't cause breakout on my ultra sensitive skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this about a year ago after reading MUA good reviews on it and it is my HG sunscreen.

You'll have to shake the bottle before pouring out the product and it comes out in a watery emulsion. Easily spread.

It keeps my oily skin in check and it does not break me out at all (unlike many other thick creamy sunscreens I've tried prior to this). I'm so in love with this. Best of all, it is easily available in the drugstores where I live and it is affordable.

May be a bit drying for people with dry skin though.

I've repurchased this many times and will continue to do so!

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought this on a whim, because I heard it was good for oily skin. Plus I wanted a sunscreen with SPF 50 and PA+++.

I got it for $12.45 on eBay and it took two/three weeks to get here.

The results are amazing. Its perfect for my oily skin. Its liquid but once it goes on it feels like powder. You instantly get the matte effect. My face stays matte all day and it hasn't broken me out at all.

I love asiatics sunscreens and i really want ro love this one. But it really dries my skin. At the end of the day my skin is really bad with strange white spots.
It could be a must, but it is not. Will not repurchase

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I wanted so much to like this. Inexpensive and easy to blend onto the face. I love the velvety matte effect the silicone gives. But this seems to be breaking me out, either because of the alcohol or the silicone. Since I've stopped using it, my skin has started to clear up.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I noticed that in the pictures attached to this review are different variations of Biore's UV Perfect range. I just wanted to say that the UV Perfect *Face Milk* is the one in the white bottle. The one in the blue bottle just named "UV Perfect Milk". I own both and use them both regularly depending on how my skin feels that day, and I added a picture of both side by side just to differentiate them.

The UV Perfect Milk (blue bottle) contains 40ml. The liquid is thinner and runnier, smooths on easier, feels lighter, but has less oil control. This is what I normally wear on a daily basis. I live in a hot, humid equatorial climate and have oily skin, but this keeps my oil manageable. Not perfectly matte, but manageable. Better oil control than say, Neutrogena dry touch, or LRP Anthelios XL.

The UV Perfect Face Milk (white bottle) contains 30ml. The liquid is thicker but also feels dryer and more silicone-y. It has a bigger tendency to leave a white cast than the blue bottle, and the drydown definitely feels thicker on the face. Huge plus point though is that the oil control is amazing, better than the blue bottle for sure. Pretty big con is that it dries down to such a matte finish that sometimes liquid foundation doesn't blend easily and looks cakey bc it's drying too quickly before you get a chance to blend. Sometimes it just all ends up looking and feeling cakey on your skin. Sometimes it does work well, like you hit that sweet spot during the drydown, and your foundation goes on well and you get the nice foundation application + the magnificent oil control. A+++ when that happens. And in my pre-Accutane days, this was literally the only thing that would keep my oil remotely under control.

These days my skin is less demanding. I usually just find that the blue bottle is more comfortable and less finicky to wear, and as long as I let it dry down completely before applying foundation, the oil control is good enough for me. Between the two products I've got everything I need.

Don't forget to get an oil cleanser.

sidenote: i have no real evidence to support the following except personal observation. When I wore the white bottle exclusively I found that my acne scars faded faster and I did not tan even under harsh Australian sun. Now that I've stepped down to the blue bottle, it seems as though my scars are taking longer to fade and I find that I tan slightly if I'm out in the sun. I don't like that--I take it to mean that the blue is somehow less protective even though the labeled rating is the same. I put on a shitload of it, too. Me no like.

Top Rated Biore Products