November 25, 2014 | 1858 users online

Sunscreen - Biore - UV Perfect Face Milk SPF 50+ PA+++ [REFORMULATED 2014]

See http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=174845/UV-Perfect-Face-Milk-SPF-50+-PA++++-%28New-2014%29/Biore/Sunscreen for the reformulated version of this product as of spring 2014

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2013 12:03:00 AM More reviews by tshan89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this for 3 years now, and while I love it, it does have the silicon feel upon application and its a tad bit too watery. However, value for money and does the job well, doesn't cause breakout on my ultra sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 6:15:00 AM More reviews by ellfabric

I bought this about a year ago after reading MUA good reviews on it and it is my HG sunscreen.

You'll have to shake the bottle before pouring out the product and it comes out in a watery emulsion. Easily spread.

It keeps my oily skin in check and it does not break me out at all (unlike many other thick creamy sunscreens I've tried prior to this). I'm so in love with this. Best of all, it is easily available in the drugstores where I live and it is affordable.

May be a bit drying for people with dry skin though.

I've repurchased this many times and will continue to do so!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by hello2belle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I bought this on a whim, because I heard it was good for oily skin. Plus I wanted a sunscreen with SPF 50 and PA+++.

I got it for $12.45 on eBay and it took two/three weeks to get here.

The results are amazing. Its perfect for my oily skin. Its liquid but once it goes on it feels like powder. You instantly get the matte effect. My face stays matte all day and it hasn't broken me out at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by mariacardoso

I love asiatics sunscreens and i really want ro love this one. But it really dries my skin. At the end of the day my skin is really bad with strange white spots.
It could be a must, but it is not. Will not repurchase

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by aguadora

I wanted so much to like this. Inexpensive and easy to blend onto the face. I love the velvety matte effect the silicone gives. But this seems to be breaking me out, either because of the alcohol or the silicone. Since I've stopped using it, my skin has started to clear up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by juaini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I noticed that in the pictures attached to this review are different variations of Biore's UV Perfect range. I just wanted to say that the UV Perfect *Face Milk* is the one in the white bottle. The one in the blue bottle just named "UV Perfect Milk". I own both and use them both regularly depending on how my skin feels that day, and I added a picture of both side by side just to differentiate them.

The UV Perfect Milk (blue bottle) contains 40ml. The liquid is thinner and runnier, smooths on easier, feels lighter, but has less oil control. This is what I normally wear on a daily basis. I live in a hot, humid equatorial climate and have oily skin, but this keeps my oil manageable. Not perfectly matte, but manageable. Better oil control than say, Neutrogena dry touch, or LRP Anthelios XL.

The UV Perfect Face Milk (white bottle) contains 30ml. The liquid is thicker but also feels dryer and more silicone-y. It has a bigger tendency to leave a white cast than the blue bottle, and the drydown definitely feels thicker on the face. Huge plus point though is that the oil control is amazing, better than the blue bottle for sure. Pretty big con is that it dries down to such a matte finish that sometimes liquid foundation doesn't blend easily and looks cakey bc it's drying too quickly before you get a chance to blend. Sometimes it just all ends up looking and feeling cakey on your skin. Sometimes it does work well, like you hit that sweet spot during the drydown, and your foundation goes on well and you get the nice foundation application + the magnificent oil control. A+++ when that happens. And in my pre-Accutane days, this was literally the only thing that would keep my oil remotely under control.

These days my skin is less demanding. I usually just find that the blue bottle is more comfortable and less finicky to wear, and as long as I let it dry down completely before applying foundation, the oil control is good enough for me. Between the two products I've got everything I need.

Don't forget to get an oil cleanser.

sidenote: i have no real evidence to support the following except personal observation. When I wore the white bottle exclusively I found that my acne scars faded faster and I did not tan even under harsh Australian sun. Now that I've stepped down to the blue bottle, it seems as though my scars are taking longer to fade and I find that I tan slightly if I'm out in the sun. I don't like that--I take it to mean that the blue is somehow less protective even though the labeled rating is the same. I put on a shitload of it, too. Me no like.

27 out of 27 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2013 7:07:00 PM More reviews by kellyadams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

Holy Toledo, Batman - this stuff is amazing! I am ridiculously fair with a history (already) of squamous cell carcinoma, so sunscreen is an absolutely essential part of my daily routine. However, I also have very oily/sensitive skin, enlarged pores and still break out from time to time in my early 30s... So I've tried a TON of western sunscreens - from drugstore to very expensive - but NOTHING compares to this s/s from Japan. Texture is very thin/watery and dries instantly to a powdery finish on skin, and yes -actually controls oil under m/u during the day! I think ill switch from a powder fdtn to a TM or BB, because honestly with is s/s as a base, the powder fdtn is too DRY! Amazing.

I don't think this formula would work for folks with drier skin, but hey... There are a ton of American sunscreens out there that do! There is def alcohol (yes it does smell a bit at first), but that's what makes it mattify the oil. Also, I had to remove 1 lippie for the teeny tiny size... The price isn't bad, but it's a little annoying only b/c international shipping takes a couple weeks to get the product. Will start stockpiling ASAP :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by nadeen4ever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ingrediens: Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Zinc Oxide, Lauryl Methacrylate/Sodium Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Titanium Dioxide, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Alcohol, Water, Lauryl Methacrylate/Sodium Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Talc, Glycerin, Methicone, Mica, Polysilicone-9, PEG-12 Dimethicone, PEG-3 Dimethicone, Cetyl-PG hydroxyethyl palmitamide, Aluminum hydroxide, Silica, Iron Oxides, BHT, Barium Sulfate, Aluminum dimyristate

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Seajewel

I probably will not purchase this again, but it is a fine sunscreen to wear under makeup. It dries very matte--almost too matte, and is a little whitening on my skin (NC20-25), it leaves a somewhat chalky/powdery/dry look to my face. I don't believe it has contributed any breakouts but as I prefer to not wear makeup over sunscreen, this sunscreen does not make me love the look of my skin after applying.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by leilajansen

I have been using this product for over two years now.

I always wear sunscreen, even if I don't plan on being in the sun. I have used many fragrance-free sunscreens before, but they were thick and greasy and made my skin oily. This product only requires a thin layer and dries nicely, leaving a matte, smooth finish.

I usually have oily skin, but, on occasion, when my skin dries out (like when I sit for long periods by an air conditioner), the product dries my skin out even more, and leaves me with crumbly, dry patches on my face.

Although I have been enjoying this product for over 2 years, I have decided not to purchase this product anymore for 2 reasons:
1. There is no information at all on the Internet about the level of hazard of the ingredients. I'm looking for less hazardous sunscreens (such as those suggested by the EWG).
2. Even though I'm in my late twenties, I have a bit of skin damage (I play a lot of sports in the sun). Even though this product offers sun protection, it offers no moisturisation or any other real benefits for the skin. So I will now be looking for a sunscreen that offers some moisturization or supply of antioxidants