October 25, 2014 | 1310 users online

Foundations - Boots - No7 True Identity Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2009 11:02:00 PM More reviews by vanillafuzz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is becoming my HG for sheer foundations! It goes on very silky and dries to a matte, almost powdery finish. I find this foundation perfect for summer.

The coverage is ok in terms of evening out skin tone but I find I still need some concealer. I do wish it offered a bit more coverage and more color choices.

One interesting note...it appears much darker than it is. I bought the medium color and when I squeezed it out I thought it was going to be very dark but once I blended it in, it disappeared on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2009 1:43:00 AM More reviews by kristina10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

leaves skin feeling soft, gives decent coverage. good product, a little pricy. not the best, probably wouldnt buy again. wasnt impressed!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2009 1:18:00 PM More reviews by agl112

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am amazed at how great this foundation looks on my skin. If you have large pores and are looking for something to minimize them, then this may very well be what you're looking for. I applied the True Identity in the Light color and while it looked frighteningly dark on my foundation brush (I used my EcoTools Foundation Brush available at Walgreens for $5.99), it cleverly lightened and disappeared into my skin leaving it even toned and airbrushed. It camouflaged my imperfections (you may have to use concealer to hide more noticeable blemishes, scars and old acne marks) and redness very naturally. My skin, but better. I finished off with a light dusting of the Boots No. 7 Stay Perfect Loose Powder in the portable version with its built in brush in Translucent. The result was simply wonderful and it feels weightless on my skin. We'll see how it holds up during the day but for now, I'm enjoying the way it looks and feels on my skin. For reference, I am fair skinned with slight yellow undertones and wear New Ivory in other Boots foundations.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2009 2:08:00 AM More reviews by 884220

If you have a problem with large pores and you don't need too much coverage, then this foundation is for you! I honestly couldn't believe how much this foundation diminished my humongous pores when I applied it for the first time. Granted, you will need to use a separate concealer for spots and circles....but for pore minimizing this foundation is phenomenal. I am fair-medium, NW20-25 depending on the time of year, and I find that the Light colour blends very well with my skintone.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2009 1:53:00 PM More reviews by BellaRamaglia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Boot's is usually top on my list with their products; but not this time.

I liked the texture of the finish, very 'powdery', which I think would be wonderful for summer. But now, without a tan and during the cooler months, it almost is a bit too powdery. The color matched just "ok"with my olive tones, but, as stated by a previous reviewer, the coverage is lacking. It seemed that every little imperfection showed up. In addition, a week after I started using it, I had several new pimples! Oh my.

Bottom line: If you don't have sensitive skin & are looking for very light coverage, you may want to check this one out. Otherwise, I'd steer clear.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2009 10:48:00 AM More reviews by mjwtex

Ok, at first I thought I had found my HG. There are some great things about this. It does go on very smoothlty and feels like nothing is on your face. I can't make this work for me though. I always wear sunscreen on my face and when I put this over sunscreen it really showed every llttle dry patch on my face that I never knew I had. So, I decided to wear it alone at night, but for night it doesn't give quite enough coverage and looked a little greasy in one mirror. Maybe the trick is to use at night with a pretty heavy, but natural looking powder on top. Will try that next and report back. Also, it may have broken me out. I got a horrible, month long lasting undergrounder and it may have been from this, not sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2009 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Mixtachic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am multi-racial and have a really hard time finding things that work with my skin (which has yellow undertones)... and this stuff is amazing. The lovely, neutral shades really do work on almost anyone. It's my wintertime staple. I used to have a friend send it from Europe and it's about 18 Euro over there so I was psyched when Target started selling it for 13 bucks! This foundation is nearly invisible, but it makes my skin look naturally almost flawless. I tried using it with a primer and it got smeary and weird, then I realized that the silicones in it act as a built-in primer and protects my skin in the winter. In the summer, when my face is oilier, I switch to mineral foundation which acts more like a blotter, but go back to this foundation in the evenings or on those days when I want my skin to look extra-good.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2008 12:31:00 AM More reviews by M3

Amazing! Great for large pores! I've tried almost everything to hide pores and this with a fine milled powder over looks flawless and undetectable! You can't tell you're wearing foundation!

Update...You can order "Extra Light" from www.cvs.com If you have fair skin this color if for you!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2008 7:37:00 PM More reviews by RunningWithThePugs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Still in search for a replacement for my beloved Biotherm Aquasource tinted moisturizer and decided to try this based on the great reviews. Unfortunately I was not paying enough attention to the label because I realized after I got it home that it was LOADED with silicones, which tend to irritate my skin. Still it was only $12 so I figure, give it a shot. It's a little weird to apply because the silicones give it a very dry texture. I liked the initial look and went on some errands. A couple of hours later I noticed redness and my skin felt very dry. I think this could work on someone who isn't quite as sensitive to silicones, and it does seem like a quality product. Also, the packaging is great; for those who say they can't tell when they're running out, I would recommend that when you get near the end and it won't squirt, just cut the end of the tube (the crimped end) and store it in a plastic zip bag, which is what I used to do with my Biotherm. Anyway, to sum up, silicone city, if you're okay with silicones, go ahead and try this one, it's comparable to higher end stuff. If you're sensitive like me, stay away.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2008 6:53:00 PM More reviews by kayoi

Love love LOVE this product. To start off if you're looking for a full coverage product to camouflage some serious skin issues this is NOT the product for you. But if you want a light natural finish this product is worth a try. I am not very make- up savvy so the hardest part for me is always finding the right shade. This product matches EXACTLY. I use the light shade and it works perfectly, summer or winter (though my face barely tans). I put on the Boots mattifying make-up base before I put it on and it stays all day. For the beauty novice its a an easy way to looked polished day or night. I got it for $13 at Target. Well worth it when you consider all the wrong shades you buy and throw out after one use.