August 29, 2014 | 1785 users online

Pressed Powders - Urban Decay - De-Slick Mattifying Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Finall found a good mattifying powder! I tried Mac's blot powder but it clogged my pores and also made me really itchy. I've tried some drugstore ones as well but they never did the trick. This is so worth the money!

-beautiful packaging. Kind of heavy but no big deal.
-doesnt make me look ashy. I'm very dark and I was concerned it would make me look dry and ashy but it's very finely milled and just glides on.
-keeps me shine free for 8+ hours. I rarely ever touch up anymore. With old powders I would touch up 3-4 times a day. Not anymore!
-didn't give me any breakouts or bad reactions.
-expensive? yes. 30 dollars at my Ulta but I don't regret splashing out for it.

-the only con is that it does contain talc. Talc sometimes can break out the skin. But honestly it's quite rare to find a blot powder that doesn't contain Talc. Unless you go for something super organic but will probably end up being more expensive, Other than that I really do like this powder.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by tigerlily217

I needed something to set my foundation and keep my face from looking oily. I started working at a new hospital this past couple weeks and I've been a nervous wreck. I haven't been using a primer and this keeps my makeup looking like it has just been applied even after ten hours! Keeps my oil under control and my face is completely matte for the entire duration of work. I really enjoy this and it photographs well without the white cast. Doesn't interfere with the colour of your foundation and goes on clear. I apply more of this around the T zone.

Just a side note, I apply this with my Sigma F30 brush. The sponge it comes with is absolute garbage. I tossed it out as soon I opened it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by ginandjuice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yes! Yes! Yes!

I've yet to find a HG product but this is it. I can't believe this stuff.

I have oily skin. No matter what I use, even Revlon Colorstay products, I still have to blot about twice a day. Not with this. I can go allll day without having to not once. Which is freakin' amazing for me!

Absolutely will buy again and again.

I love that it's a pressed powder, very travel/purse friendly- though I never need to carry it around because I need no touch ups. I think the compact is beautiful and I like that is heavy-ish. I've dropped it without a dent.

My skin is light-neutral color. I've noticed no white powder looking affects from it. Just blends right in and looks completely natural. You do not need a lot of product on your face. Once I was fairly heavy handed with it and it was too drying. Now I just dust it on, using a bit more on my t-zone.

I use a tinted moisturizer and this and I'm good to go for the entire day.

It's very find milled.

For all you oily skinned girls/boys, this is definitely worth it. Sometimes I'll even use it on bare skin to keep the shine away. I even use it over my eyelids to keep them from getting oily and I can skip eyelid primer totally.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by aferrar1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought the whole de-slick line off hautelook and this is the only one of the products I remotely like. I use it to blot my face during the day and it works well for that. On my face, I really can’t use it more than twice or it looks cakey and leaves a white cast.

I haven’t had any luck using it to prevent getting oily, just as a way to de-slick (lol) during the day.

I may be the only person out there who hates this packaging. WHY IS IT SO HEAVY?!?!?

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

I love love love this powder! It keeps me matte looking all day so I don't even bother carrying it with me. I'm so hooked on Urban Decay products :-) It is translucent and amazing. Glad I bought it! As someone else said, don't use the puff that comes with it. Use a powder brush and a light hand.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by LogicGunn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great powder for both setting foundation and mattifying. A light dusting with a loose bristled brush keeps foundation in place and a heavier application gives a great matte finish. It doesn't add colour or change the colour of your foundation which is what attracted me to it in the first place-having fair skin means even colour-matched powders make me look too peachy.

The only real downside is it's not great on larger pores so I can't use it on my nose.

The included puff is truly awful, I'd rather they just didn't include it, but the packaging is sturdy and the mirror is good.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It does what it says it will: controls oil/shine and matches any skin tone. It works great over any foundation, UD or otherwise. However, you do need to use a light hand when applying as too much will result in a powdery, parched look to your skin. Also, this powder only mattifies: it offers no coverage whatsoever.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2013 8:56:00 AM More reviews by Nikkinackynooky

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

It's a good product, but the puff applicator gets really greasy from being pressed onto skin post make up application and then won't pick up ant more powder off the compact. I have found a way to stop this, after applying my foundation, primer etc before the powder, I use a tissue to blot excess grease off my skin, then use my powder. No more greasy puff applicator, Result!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Adorei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE IT!

I'm NC20 and I have very very oily nose, pretty oily forehead, and just regular oily face (between my nose and cheeks).

I was looking for a compact to do all these:
- mattify my face and set my foundation
- stop the oily madness
- include a mirror
- include a puff/have place for it
- look beautiful

This compact does all that!

I mattify/set my BB cream in the morning with this using a brush and it lasts almost all day (around 15+ hours). I only reapplied once on my nose during the day.

It's translucent, not white on my face. I look like a matte porcelain doll!

The new packaging looks different from the old. The new one is more purple and has a different pattern on it.

To identify them, the old has "urban decay" written out, comes in a plastic seethrough box and the case is more light blue colored.
The new one only has the letters "ud" on it, comes in a purple cardboard-like box, and it's dark purple.

I adore this product, I will recommend to everyone who needs something like it and repurchase if I run out or manage to break/lose it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by jenniferrallynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This powder definitely rocks my socks. Since I have a very oily face, I always bring blotting papers and then I dust some of this on and I'm good for the rest of the day. Definitely worth buying and I love the purple compact.