April 17, 2014 | 938 users online

Pressed Powders - Urban Decay - De-Slick Mattifying Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2013 8:56:00 AM More reviews by Nikkinackynooky

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

It's a good product, but the puff applicator gets really greasy from being pressed onto skin post make up application and then won't pick up ant more powder off the compact. I have found a way to stop this, after applying my foundation, primer etc before the powder, I use a tissue to blot excess grease off my skin, then use my powder. No more greasy puff applicator, Result!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Adorei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE IT!

I'm NC20 and I have very very oily nose, pretty oily forehead, and just regular oily face (between my nose and cheeks).

I was looking for a compact to do all these:
- mattify my face and set my foundation
- stop the oily madness
- include a mirror
- include a puff/have place for it
- look beautiful

This compact does all that!

I mattify/set my BB cream in the morning with this using a brush and it lasts almost all day (around 15+ hours). I only reapplied once on my nose during the day.

It's translucent, not white on my face. I look like a matte porcelain doll!

The new packaging looks different from the old. The new one is more purple and has a different pattern on it.

To identify them, the old has "urban decay" written out, comes in a plastic seethrough box and the case is more light blue colored.
The new one only has the letters "ud" on it, comes in a purple cardboard-like box, and it's dark purple.

I adore this product, I will recommend to everyone who needs something like it and repurchase if I run out or manage to break/lose it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by jenniferrallynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This powder definitely rocks my socks. Since I have a very oily face, I always bring blotting papers and then I dust some of this on and I'm good for the rest of the day. Definitely worth buying and I love the purple compact.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Marissaxox

For the price of this, it wasn't really worth it, it doesn't stay that long (1-2 hours max) and then my skin is just slick and shiny. I love the packaging and Urban Decay, but this is not one of my favourite products. It's just going to sit on my dresser and look pretty while collecting dust :/

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Nikki08

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this powder kind of on a whim. I did hear some decent reviews but this isn't the typical product I splurge on. It was crappy hot humid day in TX and I found myself in a Sephora...need I say more? I *think* I love this powder. It does mattify and provide an overall finished look. When I needed it for an all day event recently it held it's own pretty well. I've been using Too Faced bb cream which I love but it is definitely dewy, the De-Slick absorbed some of the excess shine and held it off. It doesn't break me out, have an irritating scent and lasts 6 hrs or so. Again, I live in TX so you may not be in such a hot, humid environment. My main drawbacks are that it leaves a teensy weensy bit of a white cast on my face possibly only that I can detect but still for the price ($32) I expect perfection. Would I return it, no. Would I repurchase maybe not? Undecided so far.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by bowbat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

High hopes, dashed. On my fairly oily skin and in my very humid town, this product was pretty much useless. It provided barely any "mattifying" even when first applied, so it required frequent touch-ups throughout the day to even partially achieve the truly matte look I was after. Also, the little pad it comes with? Pointless. Paper-thin, cheap, why bother. Finally, the packaging is difficult to open and the price-point is way too expensive for what the product is and how it performs.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by HMArtistry

I bought this product after being convinced by one of the girls at Sephora that it would: 1.) mattify my oily skin 2.) keep my skin matt the whole day 3.) last for a long time because very little powder was needed to achieve a mattified face. I tried it out for about a couple of weeks, thinking that it would suffice. Unfortunately, it didn't work out for me. Upon applying the powder, it looked quite powdery on my skin and gave my skin a "dried out" look. I was able to see a white cast on my skin which I didn't appreciate. I wasn't putting loads of powder on, but it wasn't the "miracle" product as she explained. Upon having the powder on for a couple of hours, shine peaked through on my t-zone and I had to powder it, and multiple times after that. Needless to say, I really loved the packaging and really wanted to love the product, but it wasn't right for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by cpollock94

I have very oily skin and always carry around blotting papers. Tried this and it seriously works all day long on me. Expensive yes however on Urban Decay's site right now it's 50% off, still full price at Sephora. I'm going to buy several I like it so much and it looks like its being discontinued. I like the Tarte also but for this price it's Urban Decay all the way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 4:05:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think I may have finally found my Holy Grail powder!!!! I normally have "normal" skin, I get oily in my T-Zone but now that it's summer here in Seattle it's been very hot and VERY humid. I was loving my Milani Multitasker Powder which is supposed to be a blotting/foundation/setting powder all in one. It works great in the cooler months of the year but lately I have been sweating like a pig. Literally not even 20 mins after I put my make up on I have a puddle of sweat/shine on my nose and upper lip. I was shocked since this has never happened this bad and I don't know if it's becaus I'm not wearing my MAC Prolong Wear foundation but nothing I do helps. Blotting takes away the shine temporarily but not even an hour later I'm back to square one. When I use the Milani powdeer to "blot", it just enhances where I'm sweating and literally takes the color off of my face making it super obvious and ugly. I went into Sephora looking for the perfect blotting/summer powder and I was given two options - Cover FX or UD's De-slick Mattifying powder. I was already super oily and sweaty from walking through the mall. The SA at Sephora pretty much know me by name, lol so she suggested the UD. I didn't blot or anything and used a fluffy but dense powder brush to apply it on my shiny areas. I was flabbergasted! It completely sucked up the oil and mattified my skin without being heavy and without taking off/disintegrating the foundation on my nose.I was in love!!! Not to mention the beautiful packaging. I use this in conjunction with UD's De-Slick Finishing Spray. Using this somehow keeps me matte for HOURS. It really makes my skin look flawless. It's ridiculously expensive but I think it's well worth it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Dzuhletta

The product does exactly what you want it to, mattifies the skin, but the price is simply too much for me to justify when it only slightly outperforms any other powder product.

To apply it, I'd strongly advise against using the sponge that comes with the powder. Only a bare minimum is needed to work, which means it does last a long time. Obviously this product is intended for those with oily skin, but if you have any dry, flaky areas be really careful or even avoid them, because the powder just clings to them like mad. It's pretty dodgy if you haven't moisturized, and if you have dry skin I'd totally avoid it. I usually just brush a super light covering over my nose and forehead.

However, one definite redeeming feature is that you can use it to prime OR set your lids for eyeshadow. It does impede blendability slightly, but it does a pretty damn good job at stopping creases.