Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

New (2013) formula: Talc, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Tricaprylin, Calcium Carbonate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Methicone, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale), Phenoxyethanol. [+/- May Contain: CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines)]. Old (pre-2013) formula: Talc, Calcium, Carbonate, Tricaprylin, Oriza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium, EDTA, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower, Extract, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl, Palmitate, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) .

The powder is definitely oil-controlled, however you definitely have to be careful how much you apply. When I'm extra oily, I like to have a matte face, but I literally look like a pale porcelain doll if I apply too much. I think this would be good in summer to wear as a base to the beach or something. However, for the price, hard candy has a better mattifying powder I prefer over this. Might re-purchase...

on 2/4/2014 2:24:00 PM

This works but you really have to be very careful and not apply too much. The pad that comes with it sucks! So I just used a powder brush like others did. There were a lot of times where I put too much so if this happens, just brush off the extra with you hands lightly. My negative overall rating comes from the price and mainly that mine broke within a month. I have it in my purse and one day when I opened it I found it all in crumbles. I had no choice but to trash it. :( I still haven't bought another one and it has been 6 months. In the in winter I don't have the need for this so much so maybe I will try it again this summer.

on 1/24/2014 9:56:00 PM

This pressed powder is nice for controlling oil, but I hit pan really quick!! I used a fluffy brush to dust it on and after 2 months or so I hit pan, and most of my products last a lengthy amount of time. It blurred imperfections and I really did like it. The packaging is so CUTE. I might repurchase but I'm still on the hunt for a perfect setting powder.

on 1/24/2014 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Absolute HG product among powders, hands down.

I am currently using the 3rd powder and I plan on buying it till aliens invade Planet Earth.

It does what a powder should do: Mattifies without cakeing.

It is absolutely transparent and lightweight. I apply it with MAC #150 powder brush and it makes my skin flawless ( I am NC20)

Just be careful not to overdo it because your face will turn ghostly white.

on 1/5/2014 2:14:00 PM

The best pressed powder I could find for controlling oil and keeping makeup in place. I do need to touch up with this about 6-8 hours in, so its not perfect. Perfect is the Tarte powder but thats loose and it too hard to put on when you are on the go. I don't like the applicator it comes with and I use a brush. It def does a good job on pores. It does mattify and I dont think I am too oily but no matter which foundation I use- ranges from liquid to powder to cream, and even with or without a primer- I still need to reapply after 6 hours to the area between my eyebrows. I do wear my bangs to side so it may be play a factor. I guess if you are ALWAYS putting on your makeup at home I'd suggest trying the Tarte Amazonian Clay powder.

on 1/2/2014 7:01:00 PM

This is perfect! Some translucent powder makes you look lighter but this one doesn't. It's super smooth and helps control oil. Doesn't look like you have powder on but makes a difference in your skin. Give it a try. I got it for 32 dollars and thats not bad for how long it will last and how well it works.

on 12/26/2013 11:46:00 PM

First off the packaging of this is gorgeous with so much detail on the lid! It's perhaps one of the prettiest compacts I have owned. However the compact itself is quite heavy. This is a late review as I used this in the summer of this year 2013 and have finished it. It is my go-to setting powder for the summer. I normally have dry skin but I have oily skin in the humid summer months. This kept me shine-free all day during the summer and held up my foundation. I will gladly repurchase this for next summer. I rarely had to re-apply powder using this. It also comes with a puff so it is travel friendly. It is finely milled, doesn't make foundation look cakey, or make your face look ashy as some other so-called translucent powders can. Other setting compacts that I have use that DO NOT compare to how well this performs are: Mac prep/prime compact, MUFE loose HD setting powder, MUFE duo mat.

on 12/26/2013 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Finall found a good mattifying powder! I tried Mac's blot powder but it clogged my pores and also made me really itchy. I've tried some drugstore ones as well but they never did the trick. This is so worth the money!

-beautiful packaging. Kind of heavy but no big deal.
-doesnt make me look ashy. I'm very dark and I was concerned it would make me look dry and ashy but it's very finely milled and just glides on.
-keeps me shine free for 8+ hours. I rarely ever touch up anymore. With old powders I would touch up 3-4 times a day. Not anymore!
-didn't give me any breakouts or bad reactions.
-expensive? yes. 30 dollars at my Ulta but I don't regret splashing out for it.

-the only con is that it does contain talc. Talc sometimes can break out the skin. But honestly it's quite rare to find a blot powder that doesn't contain Talc. Unless you go for something super organic but will probably end up being more expensive, Other than that I really do like this powder.

on 12/15/2013 8:07:00 PM

I needed something to set my foundation and keep my face from looking oily. I started working at a new hospital this past couple weeks and I've been a nervous wreck. I haven't been using a primer and this keeps my makeup looking like it has just been applied even after ten hours! Keeps my oil under control and my face is completely matte for the entire duration of work. I really enjoy this and it photographs well without the white cast. Doesn't interfere with the colour of your foundation and goes on clear. I apply more of this around the T zone.

Just a side note, I apply this with my Sigma F30 brush. The sponge it comes with is absolute garbage. I tossed it out as soon I opened it.

on 11/29/2013 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Yes! Yes! Yes!

I've yet to find a HG product but this is it. I can't believe this stuff.

I have oily skin. No matter what I use, even Revlon Colorstay products, I still have to blot about twice a day. Not with this. I can go allll day without having to not once. Which is freakin' amazing for me!

Absolutely will buy again and again.

I love that it's a pressed powder, very travel/purse friendly- though I never need to carry it around because I need no touch ups. I think the compact is beautiful and I like that is heavy-ish. I've dropped it without a dent.

My skin is light-neutral color. I've noticed no white powder looking affects from it. Just blends right in and looks completely natural. You do not need a lot of product on your face. Once I was fairly heavy handed with it and it was too drying. Now I just dust it on, using a bit more on my t-zone.

I use a tinted moisturizer and this and I'm good to go for the entire day.

It's very find milled.

For all you oily skinned girls/boys, this is definitely worth it. Sometimes I'll even use it on bare skin to keep the shine away. I even use it over my eyelids to keep them from getting oily and I can skip eyelid primer totally.

Recommended for Normal Skin