October 25, 2014 | 1838 users online

BB Cream - Skinfood - Aloe Sun BB Cream SPF 20 PA+

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by hottosusan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received samples for this and shade was in light beige.
I applied the bb cream after moisturizer.

Pros - Love how it glided smoothly on my face. I realized I have to use very little, so my face don't look chalky.

Cons - Light coverage, not enough to cover blemishes/faded or fresh acne scars. I was in OIL-VILLE the entire day. This is definitely NOT oil-free and/or suitable for combination/oily skin.

I also didn't use a primer before the bb cream so I'm not sure if that has to do with anything.
As much I love the properties it has (calming skin and etc), unfortunately, I will not be using this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by ch4n

after tried Skinfood peach sake pore BB cream #2 that I found too yellow for me, Skinfood Aloe Sun BB cream ends my searching for the decent BB cream. Decent, as in not overpriced, sheer-medium coverage, and do what it says.

if you want to get full coverage, get nars or bobbi brown. if you want sheer coverage, daily use, cheap, low-risk [price vs break outs vs 'this is too heavy/tricky for daily use'] unless your daily basis includes running from one photo shoots to another, BB creams are good enough.

it comes in a tube, so it's less annoying than peach sake pore bb cream with its lousy pump.a pea-sized is enough for the whole face.

i don't usually use this alone. i put primer first, then skinfood BB aloe sun BB cream [i have shade #2, which curiously blends very well for my NC25 skin], then put some thin layer of powder mineral foundation on top. lasts for 8hrs, no greasy feeling or dryness. it's nice, and i just wear my 2nd skin, only better.

will repurchase? sure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by savethemarianne

This bb cream is a bit darker and pinker than most bb creams and promises soothing moisturisation so I picked it up. The tone is ok for my NC25/30 skin. The texture is smooth and goes in easily. I don't find it that moisturising but it does make my skin nice and smooth looking. I wish bb creams were more friendly for my skin tone so I could find a "perfect" bb cream

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2012 6:18:00 AM More reviews by vgunawan

I had trouble finding the perfect bb cream since most of them contain whitening, which I am allergic to. So when I got the SkinFood Aloe BB Cream sample, I tried and liked it immediately..and bought the full-size right away. It spreads nicely to my skin, and makes my skin looks porcelain-y. I don't have any issue with acne or uneven skin tone, thus I do not need a heavy coverage. But whenever I need to look more awake, this is the thing I reach for. I do not know about the lasting effect since most areas of my face are dry and nearly all products stay on me until I wipe them off.

I'm not a fan of the packaging. The tube contains ridiculous amount of air from the beginning (and who knows how many products is in there!) and it gives me hard times squeezing the product out.

I'll repurchase until I find another non-whitening BB cream which suits me better than this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 5:59:00 AM More reviews by Believeinmagikx3

I was looking for a new bb cream to try out after finishing the missha perfect cover bb cream. I thought that bb cream was only "okay, or decent" when compared to the skinfood aloe bb cream. It's coverage is great--a little bit goes a long way, but it doesn't necessarily cover up bad dark circles. I don't have a lot of acne so the coverage with this cream is perfect for me. It's not too thick and may come on a bit light in color at first but blends in well and the color matches my skin very well after it sets. I chose this cream because i saw reviews on its great OIL CONTROL. It doesn't make my face all oily at the end of the day used with a primer and a powder to set it! It also smells great! I love the flawless look it gives and makes my make up routine so much faster and easier. Haven't noticed any SKIN improvements at all an i've been using this for about 3 months. Definitely worth a try since its not that expensive!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by itsaddiiiii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually got a sample of this product, and it was shade #1 which is the lightest. Amazingly, it matched my skin tone very well. It gave me a matte finish, neutralized my red cheeks, and my skin looked clearer. This BB cream was easy to blend for me, especially when I applied it with my fingers. My face felt very moisturized after application so I was pretty happy with that. After a day, my face was still semi-matte, but that was expected. It is pretty cheap, about $9+ on eBay.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by abeatrizm

I just looove this bb cream. It's got the typical korean bb cream texture: it's thick and kinda siliconey, if that makes sense.
But i think it's great not having to apply several layers of the product for a good coverage. The application is quick and foolprof. I do it with my fingers, cause i found it could look streaky when applied with a brush.
The only tiny problem i have with this bb cream is the color. It's not greyish like the skin79 ones, but it has a pink undertone to it that just doesn't go with my light yellowish skin. Nothing that a little powder can't fix though.
As it is super inexpensive, i recommend you to try it, especially if you've never tried any asian bb creams.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2012 1:33:00 PM More reviews by allthecolours

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample size of this BB cream, so I cannot talk about long-term effects such as breakouts. I was pretty disappointed with the low SPF20 PA+ but I was still excited to try it. It's said to be designed for those with sensitive skin in particular, leaving the skin "moisturized while it corrects skin tone for a naturally air-brushed complexion."

My sample was in shade #1. I'm between an NC20-25 with light yellow tones. This BB cream was beige leaning slightly pink/peach toned. It wasn't a perfect match but it was pretty decent.

The consistency was thick when I squirted it out the packet, but applied lightly on my face if that makes sense. It didn't feel heavy or thick and blended pretty easily. I have normal-combo skin and it left my skin looking a little flakey on my forehead and cheeks, so a good moisturizer beforehand is essential for me.

The coverage was nothing special - it evened out my skintone and covered any redness and discolouration. I'd describe it as light to just below medium coverage. The claims of an 'airbrushed finish' were not true in my experience. It was natural looking, my skin but more evened out. The finish was quite matte upon application but soon turned into a soft matte/slightly glowy. It held up well throughout the day but settled around my nose and got a bit dewy on my nose after a couple of hours. I don't think it's a very long-wearing BB cream but lasting power was good.

I would not repurchase this BB cream as I prefer the skinfood Mushroom one...works better for my skin type and the finish is nicer. This BB is nothing special and I wouldn't waste my money on it tbh.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by rachelmoo

It is moisturizing (for the first 2 hours) and cover up my dark eye circle. However, the oil in the BB cream might cause acne problem on the T zone. After 2 to 3 hours, the BB cream effect start to fade. My cheek will become dry and it is not easy to remove the makeup with cleansing cream.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2011 12:22:00 AM More reviews by TheKiwi

It's got a decent sheer coverage, but the texture is too thick for my taste, it's too creamy and I prefer liquid. My biggest issue is the packaging: terrible! So hard to squeeze the product out! Maybe it was the specific BB Cream I bought but ugh!

Pros:
- delivers that sheer coverage
- With proper application (brush works well) it looks quite natural; a friend asked how I keep my skin in such good shape rather than what makeup I use
- cheap!

Cons:
- texture too creamy and thick
- potential to make my skin flake
- the tube does not like squeezing out the cream!!
- as with all BBs, limited in shades