October 25, 2014 | 1702 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Dazzleglass in Rags to Riches

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2009 3:27:00 PM More reviews by lareinaxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love when my makeup has a cute lil story to it =]

so while at mac with my sweet boyfriend picking up the style warrior collection..that I love..while checking out my bf demanded that I get baby sparks dazzleglass..but I wanted sugarrimmed..what a dilema =] so he said well take em both..so while he's checking out I remember I wanted to see rags to riches in person, as I have seen it online on so many girls, and swatches.. and its just beautiful, so I ran back to the dazzleglass stand, and grabbed the first gloss I saw, it was rags to riches!! it was more than amazing..it was divine, princess like.

so I took a tester wand, and tried it on, it was a sexy sparkly raspberry lavender glaze..my bf walked over and I said..baby I love this one too! so he said, well take that one too.

when I got my glosses home, I looked at them very closely to see the colors of the sparkles, and I realized rags to riches has the most variety of color.

-baby sparks has blue sparkles

-sugarrimmed has teal, red and white sparkles

-rags to riches has blue, teal, red, silver.. pink..every color you can think of!!

when I saw the swatches online, I thought it was a purple gloss with silver glitter, but it has way more. it looks like a rainbow in a tube. very glamorous!!

I think the name is perfect, its a pretty raspberry color gloss, with gorgeous shimmer and sparkles, its like a cinderella story..plain meets pretty =]

since I wear nudes everyday unless its a special occasion or photoshoot, so rags to riches glams up my nude matte lipsticks.

today I wore it over tanarama with stripdown lipliner, it looks beautiful! since rags to riches has a tint to it, its not just a clear gloss. I also like it over myth, and the new style warrior lipstick in purple rite. if you don't have that lipstick and are into purple makeup like me..you need it!!

overall I love dazzleglasses and I adore rags to riches, its so pretty to look at, and so sexy on the lips. and the best part is..its permanent! so if you like it, you can get more. this gloss will look good on anyone, if you don't like sparkles, this may not be for you..im not a huge glitter fan but I actually love this one =] if you like high shine gloss and not as much glitter, I would suggest baby sparks, it has one color glitter, its not overwhelming, very baby girl, and it has a pink tint. and will also look amazin' on anyone.

if you have any questions, let me know

xox

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2009 12:10:00 PM More reviews by bonita29

I love this one, the color is beautiful and it is thick and sticky, but not too much so, also the smell and brush are really nice. My only complaint is the price$18 bucks is expensive and I seem to have gone through this one pretty quickly. There is still like maybe 70% of the product left, but it just seems to go too quickly, so I don't know that I would repurchase, but I do recommend. I also bought Moth to Flame, which was nude-ish with silver microglitter and I also like and recommend that one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2009 8:10:00 AM More reviews by shimegami

This is by far the best dazzleglass color. I love the pretty pale pink with the blue glitter! I absolutely hate the stickiness of the dazzleglasses so I don't wear my other ones very much but I find myself wearing this one all the time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2009 12:53:00 AM More reviews by ShyCaliGirl

I LOVE this lipgloss! It's soooo pretty and when I wear it I feel an urge often to check the mirror and admire the color, glitter, and shine on my lips :P . I got it as a birthday present and I'm so glad I did. I would describe this color as a slightly sheer pale pink with lavender undertones. It looks like it has a rainbow of small glitter (not chunky) and the light blue/teal glitter really stands out and makes this lipgloss so interesting and pretty. There also is some fine pinky-lavender shimmer under the glitter. This gloss is super shiny and a little bit goes a long way. It is a tad sticky, but you only notice the stickiness when applying it, when it transfers to something (a glass, your boyfriend's lips, etc.), when the wind blows your hair across your lips, and when removing. I normally HATE sticky glosses but this one I don't mind much at all. It's slightly stickier than MAC's lipglass. I have to dip the wand in the tube 3 or 4 times to get a solid coat all over my lips, but I also can apply a little in the center and smush my lips to spread the gloss for a thinner application (still glittery and shiny). I LOVE how glittery this lipgloss is, and I hope I can buy more in the future. They couldn't have chosen a better name for this than Dazzleglass. It's truly dazzling! :) I highly recommend this gloss to all glittery-gloss lovers out there. LOVE!

For reference, I'm Latina and MAC NC30/35 with yellow undertones, medium-light skin, and medium brown eyes and hair with blonde highlights.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2009 9:07:00 PM More reviews by angelika019

Dazzleglass's are my favourite type of lipgloss. They beat out NARS and Mac lipglass's easily. I'm so happy with my purchase. I bought this one and Funtabulous which is a fabulous purple. I love both and love the texture and what they do to my lips. They leave my lips super soft. Perfect for kissing... My boyfriend touched my lips after kissing me for a few minutes and told me that my lips are so soft. ya i know they are supersparkly but if your better half doesn't mind rubbing it off after... like mine doesn't, i think they are perfect. Iv never had my boyfriend do that before. It made me wanna run out and buy more! I love these lipglosses! So happy they are permanent! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2009 5:23:00 AM More reviews by panda0410

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is absolutely one of my favourite dazzleglasses ever!!! The milky pale lavender tones with gorgeous teal and pinky red glitter is amazing on its own or over a lippie!! This is great over cooler colours as well as pinks and like the other dazzleglasses last for hours.

This is probably one of the more classy and well thought out colours of the collection, it has a little more razz than some of the plainer and more boring standard pinks and the colour is a little more complicated as well - this is really one of the best.

I really adore this colour and would definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2009 6:03:00 PM More reviews by L22nene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

OK, so I headed off to MAC after hearing these were released early. I knew I would get at least 2 of these, I tried almost every single gloss, I avoided the more sheer ones, and I ended up getting SIX different shades !!!!!!! They are gorgeous!! I picked this one to review first because it's just such a pretty combination of glitter and iridescence, and would make any l/s unique. I can't believe I ended getting 6 of these, but 2 of the 18 launched were already sold out and I just had to get my hands on them before they were impossible to get.

I would highly recommend this shade!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 5:28:00 PM More reviews by ahhhttack

I usually hate the stickiness of MACs lipglosses, but I actually appreciate it in the Dazzleglasses. A lot of other glittery glosses that aren't sticky don't stay put and you end up with glitter no where but in the corner of your mouth. The stickiness of MAC gloss ensures that the glitter stays put on your lips. Rags to Riches is very sheer, as are most of the Dazzleglasses, so it makes it a good color to put over a variety of lipsticks. It has blue and red pearl in a pink base, but the pink blends in to lips so all that can really be seen is the pearl. I find that Rags to Riches is very similar to Sugarrimmed once on the lips, except that maybe Rags has a tad more pinky tones, but not much. Definitely recommend to all who love glitter/shimmer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 3:04:00 PM More reviews by angelakay016

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Much too sticky for even me, a MAC lover. I am partial to doe foot applicators and didn't care for the brush on this one. The color alone is similar to Viva Glam VI SE which I definitely prefer to this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by pinkykathy

GORGEOUS COLOR, nice ton of multicolor shimmer, SUPER sticky, I really wanna try another colors as well.