July 26, 2014 | 1872 users online

BB Cream - MISSHA - M Perfect Cover BB Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by lifeinfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wouldn't recommend this for oily skin, even though it didn't make me break out. Mineral oil may be fine for some to use as a makeup remover since it's only on the skin for a moment, but in makeup it's not the best idea.

Beyond the ingredients, I found the B.B. to be lacking. It looks nice at first but within 2 or 3 hours I find it to be setting into my pores (I don't even really have a problem with that) and my face was as shiny as a disco ball. The coverage was only light-medium for me. 50/50.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2014 12:10:00 AM More reviews by Nekura

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This feels like the infamous "gateway" Asian BB cream that leads to the vast horizon of BB creams from the East Asian beauty industry. After so many years of "BB" popularity, the M Perfect Cover BB cream is only average in my ranking. The pros to this BB cream is the current rather uniquely large shade selection, high SPF protection, and general ease of purchase. Coverage is medium and staying power is decent. However I don't find this BB cream light weight and it doesn't sit well on extremely hot summer days especially when you have oily skin. Some of the shades, particularly the lighter ones (13, 21, 23) are too grey cast for my liking and it never really "sets/changes" with my skin. It just stays awkwardly grey. No matter how sheer I've applied this BB cream, it always looks somewhat strange and unnatural on my skin. The only simple solution for this was to set it with powder to correct the tone but on hot days, I want to avoid layering on products as much as possible. The BB cream also breaks me out a bit, nothing extreme but it's not too friendly on my sensitive skin. It's definitely not the SPF or removal process, I've used other BB creams with similar suncare and double-cleanse however M Perfect has always given minor pore clogging problems. (I don't care for the oil cleanser that pairs with this BB cream either, it does the job but again feels rather heavy compared to other cleansers on the market.)

Overall, it's not the best but not the worst however due to the ease of access and amount of shade selection... it's definitely worth a try. Though personally speaking, if your skin complexion is lucky enough to suit the current majority of 1-2 shades on the market then there's better out there. For something with as high SPF, nice packaging, medium/full coverage, and better on my skin; I personally have liked Lioele Triple the Solution BB cream for years much more than Missha M Perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Crackleball

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ahhh! *angels singing* Holy Grail at LAST! After trying and failing with so many of the american bb creams, I caved and decided to order this stuff from a reliable seller on ebay. I really could kick myself for not being brave and not trying it sooner. No 13 so perfectly matches my super, super pale skin that it seems like it was made just for me. Coverage is perfect for my needs, it feels light on, it don't detect any lingering scent, and it absolutely does not create dry flaky patches on my cheeks like other bbs and foundations have in the past.

I've had it since the fall and so far it did fabulous for dryer cold weather skin, and so far-so good as we dive in to summer here. I'll report back after I've been out in the heat with it on as I sweat a lot on my face and around my hairline. Hope it does well!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 3:03:00 AM More reviews by ishiharaseth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've found it. The holy grail of BB Cream.

I work at a makeup store. Love it to bits. Always fun. As the weather (finally) started to get hotter, I decided to look into switching to a BB Cream instead of having to use foundation and concealer, etc. piled on top of each other. The first challenge was finding a BB Cream that wasn't just a repackaged tinted moisturizer and did exactly what I wanted it to do. Look around for long enough and you'll find that they differ pretty much from brand to brand, and that there is no longer any one definitive form of BB Cream. Personally, I wanted a product to keep my skin moisturized and to replace concealer and foundation. Others just want light, sheer coverage and moisture. That's fine, but I wanted more.

Problem number two - and consistently the biggest problem for anyone darker than cardboard with yellow/gold undertones - was finding my FREAKING shade. Every. Single. Last. Brand. That I swatched. Had either pinkish or neutral undertones. I went through the entire store and found NOTHING. It was hard enough to find brands that carried more diversity than 45 "different shades" of "fair" and/or "light," but only one or two shades in "deep" or whatever they call it. Just out of curiosity, I also swatched shades that were too dark for me, and every single last one of them also had either reddish or grey undertones. Disappointing.

So after reading a ton of reviews all across the internets, I turned to misshaus.com and ordered the sample pack of their Perfect Cover line, since I was hearing a lot about the yellow/gold-undertoned shades 27 and 31. Because it was my birthday month and also my first order, they sent me a small sample size of shade 23 and a travel-size of shade 27. I admit that the shipping was a little steep, but to be fair, they arrived really quickly. There were also samples for some shampoo, the Signature Complete BB Cream, and the BB Primer.

I swatched all of the shades, and, unsurprisingly, they were all too light and grey-toned for me. Until I got to #27. Perfect freaking match. Disappeared right onto my skin. In addition to being a really lovely, light texture but medium-level coverage, it also smells amazing! I put a very small amount onto my stippling brush and sweep it across my face and neck. It leaves my skin hydrated (a pretty amazing feat in and of itself since even tinted moisturizers can make my skin flaky), soft, breatheable, evens out my problem areas, and conceals redness. Also, for having medium coverage, this stuff doesn't transfer or look cakey.

I'm never going back to foundation. Ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by shinjukuchik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have super oily skin and I have to say this is my favorite foundation. It looks flawless, great in pictures, and it gives your face a nice dewy glow. It's SPF45 I like to wear just this on my face to the beach or pool, it's perfect. The only con is staying power in the summer time :( for me it's perfect for the fall and winter seasons, summer ehh not so much.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by paine724

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Asian bb creams definitely provide better coverage than American ones and Missha definitely is no exception. It's the only bb cream that caters to "darker" skintones. My one complaint is shades because for my NC40 skintone , no. 27 is too light but the darker shade is too dark. Also the finish is all over the place. Some days it's dewy and other days it's completely matte

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by tammeows

This is my go-to foundation. I have it in 21. I love how lightweight it feels on my face and how it adjusts to my skin tone. It's medium to full coverage, and I like to layer it where needed. It also has great SPF (42++) to protect your face from the sun, and the packaging is travel friendly. The only downsides I can think of is that the color selection is very limited and that if you apply too much, it can look a little cakey - especially if you set it with powder before you give it the chance to dry. That being said, this can be worn with or without setting powder. If you wear it without, your skin looks more dewy and youthful. I personally prefer it with powder since I like my face to be matte. It also has a fragrance to it, but it's not strong enough to bother me and it usually thins out by the time you're done with your make up routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by thereafter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I finished a full bottle and ordered a second! This is the only BB cream I've tried that matches my summer skin (27). I tan fairly quickly so my other BB creams become too light as the summer progresses. This is a must for vacations because of the high SPF, and the bottle is great for travelling! I apply a thin layer (less than a pump) with my fingers or a full pump with my stippling brush and then set it with powder. It does get oily as the day progresses so be sure to have some blotting sheets on hand. Although it looks natural on, it looks ghostly and shiny when photoraphed indoors with flash.

Sidenote: I recently returned from Korea and was hoping to get a sweet deal on these, but to my dismay, only the 2 lightest shades were available. Buying it from amazon was only about $13-14 so I would highly recommend just ordering from there!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2014 9:13:00 AM More reviews by Nesoi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This was one of my first BB creams I ever tried, back in 2009 when I first went to Korea. I didn't like it then and even after trying it a few more times since then, I still can't bring myself to like it, especially after trying many other Korean BB creams which are superior in quality.

First off, the colour of the BB cream is very grey/pink. I have tried 13, 21 and 23 - all of them look very off on my skin. I'm around an NC20 with neutral tones leaning slightly yellow. The colour doesn't adjust to my skin throughout the day like some people say it does, and as a result looks mask-like all day.

It is highly fragranced and not that nice a fragrance either! The smell lingers for a while after application. Coverage-wise, it gives a good medium coverage and is mattifying on my skin (normal-dry). It doesn't look quite heavy though, and can emphasise dry spots easily. Oil control is pretty good and my t-zone only gets slightly shiny when wearing this.

I find this BB cream does break me out. The ingredient list isn't all that great and as I have sensitive skin, I don't think it reacts very well with me. I like the packaging and the cost is cheap. I would say those are the best points about this BB cream.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 7:34:00 AM More reviews by tashi88

This is my favourite bb cream! I use this with a stippling brush and the results are gorgeous. I have NC30-35 skin and I bought #27. The consistency is not too thick and coverage is medium-full. It does get a bit oily but I make sure to set it with powder in the morning. The SPF content is pretty good too!