September 19, 2014 | 1973 users online

Liquid - MAC - Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15 Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by SkylineGtr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this foundation but I really wish it was water resistant!!! It basically runs down my face when it comes into contact with rain or when my eyes are tearing due to windy weather. The foundation would basically run down my face. It's a shame. A product so expensive, I expected more, especially because none of the drugstore (cheap) foundations I own have done this. Lasting power is okay. I have dry skin, and I still found this foundation to be very heavy. Even with a light layer I felt like I had cakey makeup on. You definitely notice it's on your face. It makes your skin look glowy as it has light shimmer in it, so if you don't like that I wouldn't recommend this foundation for you. The light sparkles are very pretty, and only noticeable when you are in direct sunlight. Does not have great coverage but if you have a clear face and are looking to even out your skin then give this a go. I like to put a light powder over it to set it in place. Also think it looks much better than when you wear it alone. Overall an OK foundation. I've gotten many compliments when wearing it.. Although, not sure if I'll be purchasing again due to the fact that it's not water resistant and it smudges and comes off very easily if you blow your nose or touch your face. Everyone's skin, and preferences are different so if you're interested in trying it by all means, hopefully you can return it if it doesn't work well because it is pricey.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by thejillian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good product if you have dry skin. The application seems a little greasy. The coverage is light and luminous. I use it with a little mineral veil over the top to set and take away a little of the shiny finish. Overall, its a good foundation for days that you want to look natural and don't have oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by kofykat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This horrid product broke me out. Usually most liquid foundations break me out but this broke me out so bad that I couldn't go out for two three weeks because of the damn ugly red pimples. I hate this thing. stilll have a full bottle unused. can't return things where i live.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2012 12:23:00 PM More reviews by foreverended

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I thought it was the same thing as my old mac foundation. I took it out of the packaging, swatched it… its just glitter. Looks nasty, makes me self conscious that people are looking at all the glitter on my face. If you have acne to any degree, this will glitterfy it and make it oily. Why would mac even make this foundation? The finish is not even that nice, if you want a glowy complexion, just use a highlighter! Complete waste of money. I tried to like it so much… but I hate it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by abrennan17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Aweful! Zero coverage and it made me look I had just left the gym after a workout! I put it on and looked in my rearview mirror in my car and I couldn't believe it! It looked like I had no makeup on and it was NOT a good thing at all! I go through my $26 erase paste super fast with this because it requires a lot of concealer! Worst foundation I have ever used! It has about as much coverage as my highlight cream does! It just makes you look oily!!! NOT WORTH THE $28. Even my revlon colorstay foundation was better and that made me look blotchy and orange!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 9:29:00 AM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had to resort to this foundation while traveling recently as the MAC counter at London Heathrow does not stock the Select foundation I usually use.
    Saying that, Im kinda glad they didnt have the Select as this is a great alternative. coverage is low to medium (buildable), but because it has the satin finish, it sets leaving a really dewy look. stunning! I apply using the 187 brush & then sweep either the studio fix powder or a little mineralize powder over just to finish it off.
    really lovely product for a natural day look that keeps you looking fresh & not over-done.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by beernice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Was recommended this as it is a mineral foundation suitable for acne prone skin. However, it did not work well for my acne prone skin. The SA matched the colour for me and i was told i'm a NC25. After applying the foundation, i feel that the yellow tone is too strong and it makes my face really sallow. It doesn't smell nice too. Wouldn't get it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 10:56:00 AM More reviews by paradoxia1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I really like this foundation, I don't know why it doesn't get more love here. After trying literally ALL the MAC foundations, this was the winner . the colour was the closest match to my skin note I have strong golden undertones. I apply with my beloved elf studio powder brush and set with MSF natural using the same brush.

Pro

gives medium coverage
    didn't break me out as bad as the other MAC foundations
    doesn't look cakey
    no white cast in photos
    feels very light on the skin, i forget I have foundation on.

Con

Looks glittery up close in certain light
    Its not water resistant

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 10:05:00 AM More reviews by aadean

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay...I've only been wearing this a couple days now (NC37), but so far I love it. I have close to perfect normal/dry skin. So I wanted something to just even out my skin or give me a more polished look and this works. It looks like my skin but better, nearly undetectable. It provides light, but buildable coverage. I don't see any glitter...just nice dewy skin that glows. I wear it alone..no powder over it as I hate the cakey, heavy foundation look and so does my husband. Applied with my finger only, a little goes a long way. Thumbs up! I'm surprised at the at the bad reviews...just because the product doesn't work for you doesn't make it a bad foundation. If you have oily, acne prone, super dark circles...scarring..etc. this is not for you.
    EDIT: It's been a few more days...and I finally saw the sparkles. It was a super sunny day..while driving I looked in the rear view mirror..and bam glitter. Crap lol! Still on the the hunt for the perfect foundation....sigh.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2011 7:16:00 AM More reviews by TashaeJones

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really liked this foundation because I could wear it without having to apply any highlighter if I really wanted to. Obviously this is on account of the fact that it IS a Satinfinish, so has tiny reflectors in it. I've recently switched to a fuller coverage matte foundation and I find myself having to apply an illuminator to certain areas (i.e. chin and forehead) so my skin won't look so uniform.
    I'm NC42 with acne-prone/oily skin. While this product didn't break my skin out, it didn't really mix well with my oily t-zone. Very light/sheer coverage so beware. If you don't have near flawless skin you may have to invest in a stronger concealer. I did appreciate the fact that it felt very light on my skin, like I wasn't wearing a foundation.