NARS Orgasm

2.8

on 10/16/2010 12:49:00 AM

I got this in a swap and I just tried it.. it's actually still wet as i'm typing.. but anyways..

i had to apply 4 - 5 coats on my nails to get it to where you couldn't see through to my nails. and the bottle is tiny! so expensive for barely anything! i'm glad i swapped for it instead of buying it!

i do like the color after i get it on enough. it goes well enough with my skin tone, i think..

..but i don't think i would ever repurchase.. it's not "special" or anything..

on 8/19/2010 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Awful. I got this as a freebie in my recent NARS order. I guess all they can do is try and give it away. The color has no pizazz and it chipped pretty easily. Would not spend my money on this.

on 8/11/2010 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I don't have much to add to what has been said below: gorgeous in the bottle, tacky orange on nails, and VERY sheer. Not worth your money. I wish the color on my nails looked like the bottle; pink with a hint of gold shimmer, but it's just not that.

on 6/24/2010 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Very sheer once on the nails. You'll need to apply several coats. The color looks beautiful in the bottle (matches the Orgasm shade of course) but is difficult to achieve the same shade on your nails.

on 6/16/2010 10:42:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have tried this two ways. One with just one coat. And the second time I tried it with two coats. One coat looks much better. I found with my pale, fair skin, that two coats looked rather scary - too orange. One coat is perfect for me. I do not like the bottle, the brush has a square head so I had a hard time getting a perfect hold on it and I felt like I had to keep putting it back in the bottle to readjust my fingers. I do not think I would purchase this again because of the price. It is rather expensive. And there really does not seem to be anything special about it. So even though it is pretty, the price is way to much.

This polish has too much gold shimmer in it making it an unflattering yellow pink.

I wish I could return it. As it is..... I plan on changing my polish color on Tues.

on 5/2/2010 7:17:00 PM

i was very disappointed in this nail laquer. i was so excited to buy it and come home and put that colour on my nails. when i did, on the first application i could barely even tell there was anything on them. i had use three coats to even get close to the desired effect. this nail polish is way too sheer for my liking.

on 4/19/2010 3:31:00 AM

I have to admit, I bought this product based on my love of the blush and the multiples in orgasm, as well as the color looked really gorgeous in the bottle. I was quite disappointed when I first had it on my nails. As most reviewers said, it looked very orangy on me with a gold undertone, It wasn't as flattering as the blush on my skintone as I could hardly see any pink it. Today is my second day of wearing it, and I have noticed that under some lights, it looked really nice, it looked more of a shimmery irredescent rosey peach with a soft golden glow. As for the formula, I didnít have an problems with the consistency, it goes on really smooth and completely streaks free. In short, it is a nice shimmery peachy colour for the nails, but doesn't worth the price tag. I'm sure you can get the same result from cheaper brands such as OPI.

on 3/17/2010 12:52:00 AM

This is one of the ugliest colors ever. What a gross mess of pink and yellowish gold. Just gross. The formula is a bit too sheer from me. Nothing positive to say about it. I love NARS and everything about the line but this one didnt do it for me

on 3/13/2010 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

An orgasm for your nails? Anyhow, this color is really pretty--a gently shimmery peach with a tinge of gold. I find one coat is all I need for a subtle hint of something that makes my nails look better than bare but not terribly obvious. However, I can't help but notice how much it resembles OPI's Cozumelted in the Sun. The OPI leans more toward the pink side but the two are amazingly similar. Keep in mind that Nars' is $16 while OPI is about half that.

Popular Polishes