Mary Kay Beauty Blotters Oil Absorbing Tissues

4.4

on 4/9/2008 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have oily skin and love reaching for this product before doing touchups...sometimes it all I need and my makeup looks refreshed!

You get a "large" sheet to use. While sometimes I wish they cut them down to half-size, to give more value (ie, more sheets!), I actually do end up using the whole thing. You get 75 sheets per pack and I think it's one of MK's greatest values in the product line (I'm a consultant, but not a fan of everything they sell). The plastic sleeve it comes in is ok...it fits nicely into a purse and still find it amongst the mess; I still think they could improve the packaging a wee bit more, so that it's easier to remove one sheet.

Pure linen, no strange powders, just pure bliss....definitely a keeper!

on 1/30/2008 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

These are the best deal I've found in blotting tissues. $5 for 75 sheets, better deal than Clean and Clear ($4.95 for 50 sheets). I use them every day, always have them on hand, they're very easy to keep in my purse. I like the fact that they are powder-free. Very easy to order online.

on 1/16/2008 1:06:00 AM

these are definately my favorite blotters. they are bigger than others i've tried and they soak up so much oil.. and it's not hard to see what it soaked up, no holding these up to a light! they're wonderful and foolproof.. you don't even need a mirror! i agree with another reviewer that they don't leave your makeup 100% undisturbed but pretty close! just a quick brush w/ some bronzer or powder and it's back to normal! my only gripe (not even enough to make me take a lippy off!) is that they're really thin so when i have a lot of oil i can fill a sheet with just 1/3 of my forehead!

on 12/9/2007 10:11:00 AM

I love these oil blotters, they don't remove your make up, and they aren't really thin like some of the other ones I have used. They are 100% linen. The package is ok, sort of like a mini plastic envelope. It's not bulky and easy to fit into your everyday bag

on 11/26/2007 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really like these compared to the clean and clear and sheiseido one. Clean and clear got the oil out but wiped some of my make-up while the sheiseido didn't wipe off my make-up but didn't absorb much oil. This absorbed alot of oil while not whiping up my make up. Definatley repurchase.

I love this. they soak up all the excess oil on my skin and they never take any makeup off. my only gripe is the packaging..i always managed to pull 2 out instead of 1.

on 7/22/2007 10:55:00 PM

Ok, these are wonderful! I'm pretty addicted to them. I use a couple of them during the workday so I don't become an oil slick. They don't leave your makeup 100% undisturbed, but pretty close to it. I can then lightly powder my face afterwards to even out the tone and don't have to worry about that powder buildup look when it absorbs the oils. They are a nice size, unscented and reasonably priced. It's amazing how much oil they can absorb. Best blotter on the market for the price.

on 7/2/2007 12:28:00 PM

After reading the reviews on MUA and other sites, I decided to try these out. I had read that they were more effective than some of the drugstore brands. I also noticed that, at $5 for 75 tissues, they were a better value than many drugstore brands, which give you 50 tissues for that price. I actually went on ebay and found them for only $2.50, which was an incredible deal. I like the packaging which is a clear plastic-like envelope and found it easy to open and close. After using them a few times, I saw the difference between these blotting papers and other types. First of all, they are made of pure linen, which is so gently and doesn't irritate my skin. Also, they don't contain any powder, so there's nothing left on your skin and no mess when using them. They also seem to be bigger than other brands, so I can blot my entire face with just one tissue. They do seem to keep the shine away, and they are a good value. I will continue to buy them.

on 4/13/2007 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Love love love these blotters. You just press them to your face, and the oil comes right off. Doesn't take my makeup off or add any color to my face. I keep a pack in my purse and one in my tote bag at work. I use them everyday for the "afternoon greasies" I tend to get. The price is great too! You get 75 sheets for $5.00. Great bargain!

on 6/4/2006 10:08:00 PM

I cannot function without these. These are the best oil blotting tissues I have ever used. They are made of linen, they have no color or powder on them that they leave behind, therefore you do not need to match them to your skin tone, they will work for all colors of skin. They just blot and absorb excess oil.

Top Rated Mary Kay Products