Cover Girl Clean Fragrance Free Pressed Powder

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Buff Beige does not equal Translucent Medium in Fresh Complexion or Fresh Look pressed powders. After 10+ years, Cover Girl has kicked me to the curb. Have it your way, Cover Girl. Peace.

The rating above is for the OLD CG Frag. Free Powder, not the new crap. Which, btw Cover Girl, WTF??? You changed the formula of this product to be the new "Clean Sensitive Skin" and the crappy new formula breaks me out. I don't know why the other one did not break me out since it did have mineral oil in it, but this one? SUCKS. HORRIBLY. Cover Girl, why did you mess with a good thing? Also, the new packaging is really cute and all but do you think you made it hard enough to open??? Jeeeeez. Not to mention, it oxidizes horribly on my face and I just look dirty by the end of the day. Now, after having used CG Fragrance Free for years without incident, I have to go on the horrible hunt for a new cheap powder that doesn't irritate my skin and which I can actually get into without the jaws of life. "Sensitive"?? HA! That's a joke. Epic fail, CG, epic fail.

on 2/21/2010 4:54:00 PM

First off, let me share my history with the CG pressed powder. I first used it when I was eleven or twelve (2000-2001) and I used it all throughout middle school and high school. I'm unsure of when I stopped buying it, but I'd like to say it completely left my bag after 2008. I didn't always use it continuously (I dabbled in revlon, and I tend to have shade trouble with them. Porcelain, is like non existent. Almay, always provided me a creamy vanilla foundation. But, whatever.)

Regardless, being cheap I bought E.L.F powders. Ironically, the 1 dollar elf powders are better than the studio E.L.F pressed powder. As of late, I started to notice a yellow tint. My skin has no yellow in it at all, and I tried as much as possible, to make it work. But finally, I went out and bought this. E.L.F's studio powder is way too yellow, and although I loved the coverage at some point, I no longer do.

Moving on, I was surprised by the new sleek compact CG has gotten. No longer hangs grandma's compact from the shelves. It's a solid green, with a clear plastic/layer finish. Gone is that marble like green compact, I grew up with. Which for nostalgia reasons, I kinda miss. The product is still the same, soft white and peachy in ivory (hurrah! perfection with my almay or CG foundation. buh-bye nasty yellow!)

It's still as chalky, but I either find powders to be heavy or chalky. And if I had to choose, I'd pick chalky because it's less cakey. The nice smell still exists, and it does as it says. On yahoo's front page, it actually made "Top drug store products."

As for coverage, it's fair to medium. It all depends on how much you apply. Lasting power, is pretty good though. I don't see myself switching for awhile again. And all in all, you can't beat the price and nice quality.

on 2/14/2010 8:01:00 PM

I actually am reviewing the new Clean pressed powder for sensitive skin in the clear + teal packaging. I'm not sure what the old ingredients to this power was as it never intrigued me for years but the new packaging is quite modern and eye appealing. However the ingredient list seems pretty minimal with the add of oat powder which is a bit unusual (but I assume logically this might help sensitive skin stay calm?)

As for the powder, I'm quite surprised with the quality. Keep in mind this is sheer. It can even out minor discoloration but I don't see how this can be used as a foundation unless you just need a subtle tint. For keeping the oilies away, covergirl has always done a great job with this in powders from what I have noticed but I only have steered away because a lot of their face powders contain a high level of bismuth and irritates my skin. This senstive skin powder however seems to be bismuth free, fragrance free, controls the tzone nicely, leaves my skin soft AND non-itchy unlike their other products.

The overall texture of this reminds me a lot of MAC Blot. It does come off a bit chalky (just like the MAC) so if you have super dry skin I wouldn't suggest using this (try Maybelline Dream Matte instead). The only difference between this and MAC blot is that this cakes less, has a bit more color to it, but overall works just as great. A $7-8 price tag for a Covergirl powder seems a bit steep (weren't these like $5 before?) however it works so well I don't regret buying it at retail. Will definitely buy a few extras next time I see a BOGO sale.

on 1/26/2010 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I am quite sad that this is being discontinued. I recently found it stashed away in a random makeup bag, and I decided to try it out again. I love it. I use it to set my foundation and it works wonderfully. It doesn't look cakey or sink into my pores, like some other powders I've tried. Plus, the lightest shade is perfect for my super pale skin. AND, it looks very nice on it's own, if you just want to even out your skin tone and take away oilies.

on 1/16/2010 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I can't believe CG has discontinued this product! The new "Sensitive Skin" powder has totally different ingredients and is nothing like this frag. free version! I'm so freakin upset, so ladies stock up while you can, if you loved this powder!

I like this powder, it gives me good coverage, especially if I use the little blot puff they give you. However, it can sometimes make my face look too matte, which I fix with Fix+. Also, it's very drying, so I suppose it'd be a perfect product for oily skin. Overall, it's quite good, and the it's super cheap.

on 12/5/2009 4:32:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

cakey on my face and has no spf. it's orangey for my complexion.

on 10/12/2009 12:14:00 AM

This product is very sheer, so if your looking for like a full coverage powder this will not do the job. It is great for when your in middle school and you want to start wearing makeup. It is good blotting the t-zone. But overall there are way better powders.

on 10/4/2009 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Great product! Its perfect to set my liquid foundation, because by itself it doesn't have great coverage. I picked this up at target on sale for 2 dollars. it is such a great product so I will definitley repurchase this.