TheBalm Bahama Mama

4.2

Mica Ci 77019, Isoeicosane, Silica, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Iron Oxides Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, Bismuth Oxychloride Ci 77163.

on 1/2/2015 9:38:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have been using this bronzer every single day for almost a year and just recently hit pan on it. I use it as my contour product, and it needs a very light hand, but has great staying power and I would definitly repurchase. It is 7.08 grams, and seriously lasts forever. I do wish the packaging was slightly more solid. I don't take my makeup with me on the go so it doesn't make a huge difference for me, but I think if your on the go girl the magnetic piece wouldn't be enough to stop it from flopping open.

on 12/20/2014 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

HG CONTOURING PRODUCT! I use it every time I contour and it's perfect for my nc20 skin. I don't like a subtle contour though, so keep in mind that it is quite intense. it is completely matte which is fantastic and it really does warm up my face if it's used as a bronzer

on 12/12/2014 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Holy grail baby!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is absolutly a great bronzer without any orange undertones.

Its a great matte contour color i go beteween this and my difrent City color Be matte bronzers, NYC Color wheel and NYC sunny bronzer. All very good matte bronzer.
TheBahama Mama is the most pricy but for all means it not that pricy. Its maybe the most neural brown of them all if that makes any scense.

The pigmentation is good whitout being overly pigmented. I think this color would work well on many different skin tones too. Overall a great bronzer/contouring color i ill definivly buy it again when i run out.

on 8/31/2014 12:38:00 AM

This is a great bronzer with absolutely no orange undertones. It is completely matte and works wonderfully as a contour color. The pigmentation is good but its not overly pigmented where it looks like there is dirt on your face and it blends easily. I think this color would work well on very light to medium-deep skin tones. It is cruelty free and to my knowledge does not contain any animal ingredients either. I also love the balms retro printed thick cardboard style compacts with a magnet closure. They are far more durable than I originally thought they would be.

on 8/20/2014 8:09:00 AM

Bought this product as I had read a lot of reviews comparing it to Nars Laguna (which is my all time favourite). I was very disappointed with this product, product is very soft causing it to be messy when you dip your brush in it. I also found it to apply very muddy, using the same brush and technique used with Nars Laguna. Will not repurchase.

on 8/18/2014 7:47:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I use my bronzers only for contouring, to sculpt out the cheekbones that I do not have, not for an over-all bronzed look, nor do I use it to 'warm up my face' or create a 'sunkissed look', just to create a shadow on the places that I want to have a shadow on. That being said, I LOVE this bronzer for that.

The pigmentation: It is very pigmented, but not to the point where it's hard to work with (even for pale people like me). I just dip the tip of my brush in there and it's enough for one cheek. So if you're not used to pigmented/dark bronzers then yes, you will need to get used to it. Only thing that I can say is that it's worth the effort! You also must know that I prefer subtle over really visible makeup, and you can make this as subtle or as intense as you like, so don't be afraid of that. Works well as a eyeshadow too!

The colour: Darker than most bronzers. This has way less orange in it than most bronzers out there, too. This one is more cooltoned than warmtoned, but I'd say it's pretty neutral. I own the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil one too, but to be COMPLETELY honest, it's just a tiny tiny *tad* too orangy for my liking, and I prefer this over the Too Faced one. That's right, I said it. A lot of people would probably disagree with me but remember, I'm just not a fan of the sunkissed look on me (don't ask me why).
Being very pale, I can totally get away with it (although it should be used with moderation). It doesn't look muddy one me (which I thought was the case with NYX Taupe - don't throw rocks at me!), at all. It doesn't have any red, (as said) orange, yellow, green, what have you - undertones to it, it's just a nice neutral-brownish color, without being muddy.
Not to forget: it's completely matte, so that makes it perfect for contouring.

Product: Blending is not the easiest, but is definitly not hardest to do either. Just apply some facepowder to the brush before you do it! The product doesn't really have a smell to it, you just smell a subtle unpleasent scent when you really dip your nose in there. Doesn't bother me, however.

Packaging: A like for me. Opens and shuts nicely, not too loose or too hard to open. I heard some people experience mold (or something that looks like it) one the packaging, but I think that's from people who live in a humid and warm climate, and since it doesn't close off vacuum-like (or at least not as good as with a 'normal' lid) a tiny bit of air can get through which can cause it - but that's just my interpretation, correct me if I'm wrong. But I'm sure this doesn't happen often. I didn't experience it.
I find the print of a bronzed lady on a tropical beach (Bahamas) lovely, but that's subjective of course.

Price: I payed 17 euro's (around 24 dollars I think) but it will last a long long time, and personally I think it's worth it.

Also: Cruelty- and parabenfree. It gets a 1 on the skindeep (ewg.org) website (which means it doesn't have any harmful ingredients that will infiltrate your skin), so that's a big plus!

Overall: Holy grail contouring product!! Pale people can get away with it but medium skintones will obviously too. If you're willing to put some effort in it, it will definitly pay off. Worth the price! Repurchasing when I run out? Can I get a HELL YEAH?!

on 8/6/2014 5:15:00 AM

Just ordered a new one since my last one got empty. I did not order a new one right away because I had other bronzers I needed to empty, but this is definitely the best one. And it lasts for aaages! Worth the money! Gives a nice shadow, and doesn't looks shimmery as other bronzers..Packaging is cool as well

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Great bronzer especially for tan skin. I find that a lot of bronzers that people rave about online are pretty light and do not show up on my skin or are too subtle to use as a contour. If you struggle finding a bronzer that is dark enough to use, I highly recommend you try this product! It is not warm and is a matte bronzer, which makes it perfect for contouring. It is very pigmented, so you have to make sure not to use too much. My only complaint is with the packaging. It is pretty flimsy and due to the more powdery nature of the bronzer you have to be careful with it to make sure it doesn't break into little pieces. Highly recommended.

on 7/24/2014 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My perfect bronzer! Easy to tone up or tone down. I would say best for contouring rather than overall bronzing. I have been using for a very long time and am yet to hit pan!

Popular Bronzers