April 23, 2014 | 2078 users online

Bronzers - TheBalm - Bahama Mama

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Prettynina

The packaging is adorable and compact. It's highly pigmented so you need a very light hand to use it. I'm of fair skin so the color was way too dark even for contouring. I recommend this for medium to dark skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by bailey17

LADIES!!! This bronzer is perfect for contouring! I have been using it for months and months, and I do not think there is a better bronzer out there to sculpt your features! I use the everyday to cut a line in my cheekbones to help me get that "smiley" look. Add a little blush on top and you will be glowing!

The matte texture is what makes this bronzer ideal for contouring because that is what creates the deepest shadows. The fact that there is not even a spec of shimmer in it makes this bronzer perfect. With that being said, I would not use this a "bronzer" because of the gray undertones I fear it might make you look a little dirty.

The packaging is super cute, but the mirror is not that great.

This is my HG bronzer (for contouring), and I absolutely recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by BeautyJunkie1130

This bronzer is perfect for contouring because it has cool undertones (gray-ish). I do not use this as an all over bronzer since this product is cool toned, unlike Benefit's Hoola bronzer which is a straight up brown/bronze color. The gray undertones really help in making the bronzer look like a shadow, instead of looking sun-kissed, which is the point of contouring. This bronzer is completely matte which I LOVE!!! Bronzers with shimmer tend to emphasize any pores/blemishes etc and it almost always ends up looking muddy. Anyway, Bahama Mama is super pigmented, so I recommend only using very small amounts and dusting off any excess. I used this every time i want to sculp out my cheekbones, temples, and nose and it leaves me with a flawless contour which lasts all day long. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by marianagallardo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use MAC NC30

Quick review:

-$13USD (Actually I live in Mexico so if you're wondering, I bought this at Kybela for $170 pesos).
-Packaging: Kind of fun and atractive, it have a drawing of a hawaiian girl. It is made of carboard & it stays closed by a magnet. It also have a mirror so it's quite handy and travel friendly for touch ups in the car or wherever you go.

NOTE: It have a slight green undertone (great for fair skins) but also an orange-y undertone (weird).

PROS:
-You only need a tiny bit of product to work with (make sure you take the excess of the brush) because it is HIGHLY pigmented.
-It will last you for ever in the pan so as in you skin. (I never had to touch up in 12 hours)
-Travel friendly because of the thinness of the packaging and the mirror.
-It photographs BEAUTIFULLY
-Never made me break out.
-Complete matte bronzer, no shimmer, satin, glowy finish AT ALL, PURE MATTE.

CONS:
-It looked kind of muddy on me but at the same time it oxydized within a couple hours, HORRIBLE!!!
-This made me look super dirty and cakey.
-Looks patchy on top of creamy products.

So... How am I going to use somthing that in person looks disgusting but photographs amazingly? STUPID.

I use this for my kit and let me tell you that maybe I can complain a lot about it but it looks BEAUTIFUL on darker skin tones (: My clients loves this but for me it is crap

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Monyak12

I was overwhelmed by the reviews and immediately bought this product. Just after 2 days my skin started breaking out with this product. Tried this to contour my face but it seems like the color barely shows up on my skin I should have picked up something 2 shades darker than my skin (NC42 for referrence) either way im still giving this a chance but definitely will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2013 4:24:00 AM More reviews by flarriva

Like the color to contour, not as a bronzer. Very pigmented and cute package.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by DPD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im not sure how anyone can use this as a bronzer. It is quite a muddy shade with almost grey tones running through it. i would think it would make fair / light / medium skntones look like it needed a bit of a wash. It definitely is not the same shade as Benefits Hoola.

However for medium/dark & dark skintones its is a fantastic contour powder.

Very pigmented. For my cheekbones I use the RT contour brush and for nose the MAC Angled fluff brush which is great and then blend out with MAC 109. I dont think i would need to repurchase as I only use it for this purpose but if i had to i would

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by lauramb122

I really like this Bronzer! I love almost all the products from The Balm! First off, this bronzer is very pigmented!!!!!!!!!! Like you legit, only need to lightly tap your brush into it! I don't think it looked orange at all nor muddy. I think if you go hardcore into this bronzer it might look crazy on your skin but if your gentle and take your time with it you will be happy with the results! It stays on for a while, the color is a nice deep dark brown kind of like Hula by Benefit, it's not overly expensive, and you can contour nicely with it! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by jessface83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got Bahama Mama is a 3 set gift set at TJ Maxx. This is a nice, dark brown bronzer. I am NW35 for reference and I use this for a contour. I like it that way because as a bronzer it looks weird on me. Anyways, I also enjoy the packaging. It is sturdy cardboard that is easy to open and close. It seems small but a little goes a long way! Will repurchase when I run out, which will be a long time from now.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by JordyNicky

This bronzer is just ok, a little goes a long way. I will only use it for contouring as I have better bronzers.