Jane Iredale Handi Brush

4.9

Not tested on animals

on 10/16/2012 1:44:00 AM

I have the Luscious Kabuki, Ultimate Buffer as well as powder brushes from Laura Mercier, Estee Lauder, Covermark (Japan) etc, so thought I would skip the Handi Brush when I started using the JL Pure Pressed Foundation. The Luscious Kabuki actually did a reasonably good job with the Pure Pressed, but eventually I decided to get the Handi Brush. I'm so glad I did. The first time I used it I found it (OMG!) so silky and luxurious. It's a very well-made brush. The hair is dense but the tips are supersoft and smooth. It gives a medium light, very natural application. I tried to order this brush from skinwest.com but there was problem with the shipping, so eventually I purchased it full-priced at a local spa. Mine does not have any problem with shedding.

on 10/2/2012 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

This is a nice brush, as are all of the Jane Iredale brushes. I got this one to use for applying blush, but it would be much better for applying loose powder. The round shape and wider fanned brush hairs make applying blush difficult because you get too much in one spot. I washed it and started using it as a powder brush and it works great!

I have all three of Channel, Mac and Kevyn Aucoin makeup brush sets - all great brushes but JANE IREDALE HANDI BRUSH, hands down BEST makeup brush I have ever had.

This brush will change your life, I swear. Use it with every powder, every foundation, just everything. Makes your powders look absolutely flawless on your skin. I've had mine for about three years, it still looks and works the exact same as when I first bought it. Washes beautifully, feels wonderful, and I can honestly say that I won't buy it again because I most likely won't need to! Best brush in the history of the world.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this brush about 7-8 years ago, when I first bought my first pure pressed base. Sadly, Jane Iredale has started to break me out, so I only use the base sporadically.

Overall, this is a very good quality brush. It washes wonderfully and is still in good condition, even after all these years. I use it for buffing out my foundation and on special occasions, for highlighting or light blush. The handle is v solid and a shorter length, so it is easy to control. The bristles are very soft, and the top is flat. Yes, it is a kabuki brush, and because it is so soft, it buffs the product more gradually. I have watched and carefully followed the Iredale videos, and still can't get a finish similar to what I see on the screen.

It is a very dense, brush, w a head that is about two inches in diameter. When I wash it, I usually need to use the cleanser at least twice to get all of the makeup out. And, I rinse it for quite some time to ensure that it is soap free before I dry it.

If you do decide to purchase it, it is really important that you use a VERY LIGHT hand to apply whatever cosmetic with which you plan to use it. The brush is so dense and so wide, it really holds and applies a lot of product. It is really easy to overdue it w this brush if you don't watch it.

When I purchased this brush, I really did not know much about makeup brushes. Since that time, so many more options have emerged. I really think a lesser brush will do the trick in place of this brush. E.L.F. and Sonia Kashuk each has a flat top buffing brush; each is v good. I know there are good, less expensive kabuki brushes out there as well. Yes, this is a good brush. However it is a v pricy one and has limited utility. If I had to do it over again, I would not repurchase.

on 3/28/2012 8:11:00 PM

The Handi brush is fantastic for applying the JI Pressed Powder and the powder seems to have quite a good grip on the hairs.

Love how soft it is also!

on 1/17/2012 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This brush is fantastic for the Jane Iredale pressed foundation. I had numerous brushes, so I read all of the reviews here before I purchased one from Skin 1.com. I am blown away!!! Yes, it's worth the price. Nothing compares to this - It's astonishing how beautifully it applies foundation - you'll toss all other buki-type brushes!

on 12/31/2011 4:46:00 AM

Works excellently with the pressed powder from the same brand. Face powder goes on smoothly and evenly - no streaks, no clumping. Really great size for those who do a lot of traveling, and it comes with a nice case too.

on 11/25/2011 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

The best flat top brush I've ever used. Compared to the flat top brushes I tried: Sonia Kashuk, ELF and Eco Tools.

Jane Iredale's can be pricey, but this has the softest bristles, I have sensitive skin and this is perfect. Last me a longer time than the other brushes I mentioned. It applies powder evenly, and definitely will buy again if my brush give up on me. :) Pricey bu worth the try / purchase.

on 11/10/2011 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

A great brush and definitely a must when it comes to applying the Jane Iredale foundation.

It is a pleasure to use this brush because it is so soft . When I am using this brush I'm able to get enough coverage without the dreaded chalky and unnatural look.

Will buy again!