December 22, 2014 | 1550 users online

Gels/Soaps - Burt's Bees - Naturally Nourishing Milk & Shea Butter Body Wash [DISCONTINUED]

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2008 11:09:00 PM More reviews by candicecc

This body wash smells amazing in the bottle, but something about using it in the shower totally transforms the scent into something intolerable. I have to breathe through my mouth when using it. Some people have complained about the runny consistency, but it doesn't bother me because the lather is actually very rich (though you need to use quite a bit to work up to a good lather), and it leaves my skin amazingly soft. I'm left with very mixed feelings. If the scent were different, I'd probably purchase it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2008 1:36:00 AM More reviews by lilylotus

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A lot of other people here either love or loathe the scent of this but for me that was the least of my worries, I neither liked nor hated it, it was just an unimpressive light milky scent. The worst aspect of this body wash was that the consistency is incredibly thin and watery, as soon as I squeeze any into my hands it literally runs straight through my fingers onto the bathroom floor creating a hell of a lot of wastage which I really hate. The remainder that I am lucky to salvage is barely able to muster up enough of a lather to adequately wash myself. I gave this 2 lippies because of it's natural nature and the fact that it doesn't contain any harsh SLS. I would never re-purchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2008 11:34:00 PM More reviews by nzf

I really, really love the smell of this. Sometimes I just take a deep whiff of it and feel happy. I'm not sure why, because it's not your traditional creamy, yummy, or perfume-y scent. It's really just its own thing. It doesn't last after you shower, which I guess is nice for other people, bad for me as I love the smell so darn much.

It never dries my skin out, either. I feel good using a wash that is so chemical-free. I can see how some people might not feel clean afterwards...but if you scrub with your washcloth, that shouldn't be any issue! There isn't really any lather, but that's because of the ingredient composition. It's a bit pricey for how little you get, how much it takes to shower with, and how long the bottle lasts. But I love that smell...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2008 4:09:00 AM More reviews by kabuali689

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great body wash!!!! this smells fantastic! Plus there are NO yucky preservatives so I feel great applying it to my skin. My skin smells great after and it is soft and clean. The price is $7.99 I believe but it does go a long way, add a little water and lather it up and you'll see how a quarter size goes a long way.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2008 10:56:00 AM More reviews by nobodyspecial

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow. This is the opposite of moisturizing. It made my skin super dry and flaky. Not good.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2008 4:21:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

1 star for being natural. I wouldn't buy this again though. I had actually read the reviews on MUA before deciding to use it. I'm not too picky with body wash scents so I thought this would be okay. WRONG! This smells so bad I don't even want to use it again. Hopefully I'll be able to return it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2008 10:59:00 PM More reviews by electricflor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Normally when I use "moisturizing" body washes, I have to immediately use lotion or body butters when I get out because my skin feels dry and itchy. Well today was my first time using this, and I am beyond impressed. I lathered this all over my body, got out, and my skin feels moisturized and smooth. I am amazed! Not only is this natural, but it really does what it promises to do. It has an almost milky texture and doesn't lather very well, but to be fair most natural body washes don't..

& about the scent..it smells amazing in the bottle, smells very different being lathered on, but doesn't smell on the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2008 10:12:00 AM More reviews by jdoohan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Itís about time! A moisturizing body wash that doesnít lie Ė it actually cleans and moisturizes my skin! Iíve tried them all only to be disappointed a few weeks later when dry or red patches would begin surfacing. My skin has never been better since using this body wash. Itís so healthy and incredibly soft and smooth. Scents are a very individual thing. I donít have a problem with the scent of this Ė smells nothing but fresh to me. Lather is rich when paired with a bath poof. I canít even count how many bottles of this stuff Iíve purchased and will continue to purchase! Unfortunately, people are catching on to how great this is. My local Whole Foods and Target were completely cleaned out last time I shopped for this. Now when I see it I stock up!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2008 9:15:00 PM More reviews by purpledream

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had to add my 2 cents in here because I totally agree with the urinal cake/public restroom smell of this product. I smelled it before I bought it because fragrance is really important to me. It smelled really great in the bottle, maybe like the suntan scent others are describing. But when I actually used it in the shower, it turned into the afore-mentioned scent. It does take a little more than you would normally use to create a lather. It is moisturizing, but I don't feel particularly clean afterwards (especially with that smell!). I hope they come out with a different scent because I like the ingredients of this product. But the smell alone will definitely keep me away from this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2008 4:13:00 PM More reviews by kml636

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an adequate body wash, pretty ordinary other than the fact that its all natural. The smell does bother me so that is why I am not repurchasing. There have got to be better smelling body washes that are all natural by alba or somebody. Really is like an air freshener.