July 31, 2014 | 1720 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre - Costa Chic

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 8:42:00 AM More reviews by alexa94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this lipstick delivered today as I'd always wanted to buy it and remained undetered from the hit and missy reviews! And I've got to say..... I was SUPER surprised! It's almost 'neon'!! So so bright. I wasn't expecting too much as a lot of people have said it doesn't suit them so I put it on nervously in the mirror while hoping for the best. I have to say, this is pretty stunning! It's a frost, it's not drying at all and has good pigmentation. This is a coral colour, in terms of similarity to Crosswires (I know people tend to compare them two) they are certainly not similar enough to buy one or the other, there's definitely a big difference between them both. Costa Chic being pinkier and a lot lighter, and Crosswires having a much stronger tint of red as well as being a cremesheen. Costa Chic also has almost 'gold' sparkles to it, it isn't extremely pigmented but it's still a great coral colour for your collection that I'd recommend buying. Also, the only thing I'd recommend doing before applying is conditioning your lips because if they are pretty dry the lipstick will definitely show the cracks off - not too flattering! :) X

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2011 2:00:00 AM More reviews by jmerritt0822

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have noticed that this lipstick is not as drying as some of the others mac has released. I have very light skin and I wear it without bronzer or a tan. It's a bold look, but with a simple eye, it looks great! It lasts about a 1/2 hour before needing to be reapplied and it does not do well when paired with gloss as it seperates.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Angiewe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This colour shows orangey coral on my skintone (Chanel pro-lumiere no 20 clair). I'm fair skinned but this is a really flattering warm toned colour and looks good if I bronze up. It will look fantastic in Summer with a bit of golden glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Chrisylita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Girls if you have tanned skin this colour is for you. I usually wear nude colours but when I saw this at the mac counter it caught my eye. I tried it on and it just brigtened up my face so nice. For reference i'm nc35 with warm golden undertones to my skin and I have black hair. This is an amazing summer lipstick to wear with bronzed skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2011 11:22:00 PM More reviews by makeup55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Almost neon, so by itself is hard to pull off most days, but as a base, it makes everything pop. Mixed, It makes all your old lipstick (reds, pinks, corals, etc.) gorgeous and show stopping; new colors like you have never seen before. I simply love it. And, I plan to use it every day this summer as a base.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2011 10:50:00 AM More reviews by ClaireLou29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

i love this lipstick! im more of a nude lip kinda girl but this colour is to die for. i team it with super long lashes, brozy skin and neutral eyes. one of my fave lippies at the mo.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2010 9:40:00 AM More reviews by wetnwild2000

Soft and smooth

Stay Power:
1/2hr+

Color:
A rich shimmering coral color

Price:
12.50 (In UK)
14.50 (In US)
Price Unknown (Internationally)
PRICE VARIES
Speciality:

Downside(s)?
It bleeds quite abit and drys out my lips. Its stillcnice but I dont reach for it that often

Extras? (optinal)

OVERALL RATING =
7/10

A Review by
Kim
Username: wetnwild2000

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2010 4:11:00 AM More reviews by MyMajesty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is to die for! I totally love it. I think it's the best pinky-coral shade that exists, really! I would buy it again million times. Great, great color that works perfectly with my super yellow skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 2:36:00 PM More reviews by zohrabohra

OMG I saw this at the MAC store and almost died when I tried it on LOL. It's soooo pretty. I'm gonna buy it today. BUt girls, whats a good liner to use with it?

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2010 5:24:00 AM More reviews by nichols

I work on a make up department and I totally love this colour I have never really worn lipsticks always been more or a gloss girl, but I have now been a loyal customer and rebought and rebought!! It lasts so long all day which most colours don't do, I get complemented on it like at least 3 times a day every1 love this colour and this is my absoloute favourite lipstick ever, the colour is jus amazing, it brightens up my whole face! Couldn't live without it!! And also cheap!!x