July 24, 2014 | 1428 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - Vive Pro Glossy Volume Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2009 7:41:00 PM More reviews by leah2412

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Didn't do a darn thing for my hair. I like my Tresseme a lot better and it's cheaper too! I have normal hair but this seems to make it really greasy at the roots. I usually wash it every other day to preserve my color, cut back on styling time and damage, but when I used this one I had to wash it every day. The conditioner does seem to work a little better though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2009 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Bsheth86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is the worst product ever. Head and Shoulders shampoo volumizes better than this shampoo. My hair feels oily the day I wash it. There is no such thing as volume with this shampoo. Do not waste your money on this crappy product.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2009 1:44:00 AM More reviews by honeyandsweets

Why do I keep trusting Allure magazine's Editor's Choice stamp? *This*, of all products, was their shampoo of choice for volumizing. "Great!" I thought, "I can finally have big, bouncy hair without spending an arm and a leg!" Well...not exactly. I don't think my hair was volumized even one millimeter. Plus, my scalp became dry after using this. IT does have one good thing about it- the smell is fantastic!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2009 2:01:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

I thought that this shampoo was quite nice at first. It made my limp hair look slightly more volumised and so much shinier. However, then I realised that this was responsible for the horrendous rash over the sides of my face, neck and shoulders. This is the only product I have changed in the last few days so I am thinking that this shampoo is the culprit. My scalp feels like it is on fire, and my ears are covered in a scaly rash. I never thought I would have had a reaction to something so innocuous. Needless to say, I won't be buying again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2009 4:31:00 PM More reviews by BrittyG

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is lame. I will admit I did get a little gloss from it, but the volume sucked bad. This made my hair so staticy and fuzzy. Sorry but when my hair is staticy it's stuck to my head not volumized. This stuff is not great, and the smell wasn't amazing either..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2009 8:17:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

This shampoo is just a big let down like most drugstore shampoos these days. I noticed very little extra volume or glossiness...more like slicky. It gave my hair some tangles and fuzzies and also made my hair feel & look limp. I'm returning this product and never trying it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2009 10:34:00 PM More reviews by MES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm usually not a fan of volumizing shampoos, as they tend to do little more than strip my hair and turn it into a ratty mess. This was surprisingly gentle, it didn't make a mess of my hair. I even managed to skip the conditioner. I switched to this after being disappointed by the reformulation of Vive for colored hair. I would keep using this, except I have switched to EverPure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2008 6:15:00 PM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm tentatively reviewing this product, as it has only been a week that I've been using it and shampoos are a hit or miss with me.I've yet to find ANYTHING that does all that I need it to.
I picked this up in hopes that it would give some volume to my fine, wavy/curly hair. My hair is baby fine but I've got a lot of it, so if I can keep it full so much the better.
The pros-it doesn't smell bad or weigh down my hair,in fact it is quite the opposite. I don't know about glossy, but it sure has more oomph to it. It also doesn't dry out my hair or make my scalp itch or burn (like Pantene is wont to do).
The cons-I find I do need to wash it every day, as it will look fairly flat the next day otherwise. Other than that, I'm fairly pleased overall.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2008 3:53:00 PM More reviews by kams64

Well, maybe a little glossy but not much volume. And I'm afraid my hair is breaking or falling out more with this. I'm not too pleased with the smell either and that's an important factor for me with a shampoo. I'm using it up just because I hate to waste it, but I won't be buying it again that's for sure.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2008 11:18:00 AM More reviews by jln7124

This stuff is awful!!! After months of throwing $30 away on professional volumizing shampoo/conditioner duos without good results (Redken, Wella, Biolage Matrix to name just a few), I resigned myself to the hair care aisle at Target and decided to give this a try. At first, i didn't think it was bad. Not great, but for about $3 I figured I couldn't complain. Ugh, I was wrong! After continued use (about a month) this stuff was seriously awful for my hair. Far from volumizing I feel like this product left my hair dried out and weighed down with a stiff, waxy residue and then by the end of the day my roots would be greasy. I ended up having to wash my hair everyday, when I can normally get away with skipping a day or two in between. Terrible!!!