September 30, 2014 | 2063 users online

Deodorants - Drysol - Dab-on Antiperspirant

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2011 1:29:00 PM More reviews by cleogirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This stuff is truly, truly nothing short of AMAZING. If regular deodorant is not working for you, try this. It's about $25 CDN but well worth it as it does last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by lovebird403

OMG drysol thanks so much! Im 14, and sweating has been a problem for about 3 years for me. I live in Canada, but even when it was -30* celsius outside in the winter, I'd be sweating up a storm. Drysol keeps my underarms nice and dry and free of pit stains!

The only complaint I have about drysol is that it itches like a bitch! However, it is well worth it, with a remedy. If you moisturize your underarms (right after applying drysol & letting it dry) with STRAIGHT petroleum jelly, the itching never happens! it's absolutely great :)

Before drysol, i had tried secretr clinical strength, degree clinical strength, lady spee stick clinical strength, PerspireX, Mitchum, Certain Dry, and multiple guy's products. Nothing worked, and I wasted SOOOOO much money, so Perspirex has been great :)

The price is amazing, considering the fact that you can buy 25 bottles for the price of ONE botox treatment that would only stop sweating for 6 months :)

Good luck trying to stop your sweating, and I HOPE DRYSOL WORKS FOR YOU!!! :) <3

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 3:35:00 AM More reviews by Tit4Tat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am one of those people who can get out of the shower, apply typical antiperspirant, wear my clothes and by the time I'm done my makeup, I'm sweating as if I'm caught red-handed at the crime scene. *sigh* I gave Drysol a try figuring something must put me out of the annoying inconvenience my body puts me through, even though you're supposed to be sweating as this is the way of your body detoxing and so forth. Giggling at the idea of having to apply it right before you go to bed with saran wrap around your pits + tight t shirt, I gave it a try anyway, doing the same for my feet (another good reason to do it straight after a shower otherwise it's just plain gross lol). Not very fun but worth it because you don't sweat at all. Basically, you reapply it every 2 days or so and it's recommended to wash your armpits in the morning before you put clothes on as residue may damage clothing. Definitely not recommended to apply right after you shave the armpits, you're supposed to wait 24-48 hours (I guess you gotta douse the stubble and shave it off in the morning lol) but you kind of get a hang of it even though in summer it would be a bit of a peeve since you don't want to wear long sleeves to hide growth. If you're on the desperate end of spectrum and considering botox for excessive sweating, I say give this a try first, it really does work. Or, if you know you will be attending an event where arm flailing is inevitable (night club, getting lined up to catch a bouquet at the wedding etc), then this is also your good friend. I wouldn't recommend it for regular use as your armpits become so dry, they will itch and drive you crazy and may even cause an ingrown hair or two but it would be perfect to use on feet for athletes since you can always moisturize your feet should dryness occur. I paid about $20 CAD, which is worthwhile if you will be using it on occasion but dryness took the best of me so I switched to Dove Clinical Strength which does protect me from wetness but not completely and it loses its potency after a month or so but works well as long as you remember to apply it at night, it's very important. Discomfort is the only reason I am giving this product 3 lippies as well as the packaging because for hygienic reasons you're pretty much stuck with applying it only to one area meanwhile there are identical antiperspirants on the market that come in a small jar in cream-like consistency and you don't have to go through the saran wrap jibba jabba and no stinging effect either so you can apply it anywhere you like.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2010 2:42:00 PM More reviews by didi123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff definitely works. But I have given up using it cos I am so worried about the tons of chemicals in it. But if you don't care and you are desperately looking for a product to end your pits problem once and for all without having to search for yet another useless anti-perspirant, this is it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 2:47:00 AM More reviews by clipsNcurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this antiperspirant!!!! I have tried everything and this is the first thing that has worked for me. I can now buy white shirts and long sleeve shirts without the worry of wet marks and stains. I only apply this once or twice a week and it does sting a little but its worth it, my pits are bone dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2010 12:36:00 AM More reviews by mimii071

OMG this stuff works soooooooo good! I'm kinda mad that i wasted my money on all the other antiperspirants out there ughh, but it helps A LOT with excessive sweating so it definitely DOES NOT disappoint.

Money well spent:)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2010 8:30:00 AM More reviews by PartnerInCrime

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would die if I didn't have this. My doctor recommended it to me when I complained about the big nasty wet stains I'd have under my arms. I've been using it for about three years now on and off. I use it at night about two times a week and wash it off in the morning. It sucks that you can't shave before you use this, because it gets so irritated but it's not a big deal to me when it works so well. I've tried "prescription strength" Ban and Secret, but neither of them work anywhere near to as well as this.
I'll be buying this for the rest of my life. My (well, my parents) insurance gives us a few dollars off if I get a prescription for it and one bottle lasts FOREVER. I still have to use a regular antipersperaint deodorant in between, but this completely gets rid of any stains whatsoever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2010 8:07:00 PM More reviews by misscruella16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am writing a review for the generic version of this product, i believe it is called Hypercare. I believe it has the same ingredients and probably works just as well. This is such a great product for excessive sweating, you dont even need to use this everyday after awhile. I just started using this but have already noticed a huge difference. I dont use this after shaving, but since I shower at night I apply this in the morning and then wash it off at night. I use this on my pits and my feet because they sweat alot. You can basically use this anywhere that you have excessive sweating.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 8:36:00 PM More reviews by victoriarw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I could NOT live without this stuff. I absolutely love it! In 7th grade, I went to my doctor and she originally told me to use Certain Dri. It didn't work AT ALL for me. So I went back, and she recommended Drysol. This product has saved my life! Ever since my first application, my underarms have been bone dry, and I love it! But beware, never put this on right after shaving, IT WILL STING LIKE CRAZY. Also, don't put too much on (only dab it on your armpit once), otherwise it will sting really badly too.
All in all, that product is my savior. I honestly couldn't live without it. And I will ALWAYS be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by dmcgeo1

Throughout highschool and my freshman year of college, I had issues with sweating through my shirts. This was VERY embarassing. Finally, as a sophomore in college I went to the doctors and they gave me a perscription for this (I think you can by it over the counter now). This stuff is amazing. I used this for quite some time and got wonderful results. It did dry out my armpits when I first began using it. You apply it at night and I found it difficult to wear any clothing that would rub on my arms when I used it. However, it was worth it because I seriosly did not sweat at all (at least from my under arms) after using this. Ten years laters, I can use regular deoderant and still do not have problems with excessive under arm sweating. This is worth it if you have extreme sweating problems. I'd highly recommend. If you sweat a normal amount I'd try using one of the clinical strength deoderants by Dove or Secret. The drying effects are not as extreme... but then again neither are the results.