October 23, 2014 | 1839 users online

Treatments (Face) - Tanda Skincare System

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by illume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have the Blue Tanda Light Therapy for a month ago now, and I am honestly not seeing the results I was expecting. I have minor yet complicated acne, and have since I was 14, in which I am now 21. I don't find it prevents cystic acne, but I find it reduces the clearing time of inflammed pimples. It has definetly firmed my skin though, and significantly reduced the oilyness in my skin. I would recommend this unit only if you have recurrent inflammed under the skin type acne with oily skin and are tired of waiting for zits to heal. It takes 30 minutes to do my face and is quite easy to do. I just leave it in the recharge unit all day so it'll always charged, so I haven't had battery life problems yet that others are experiencing. Yes, the unit is 275$ but it's really not that expensive considering blue light therapies in spas are not cheap and are a luxury. I don't regret the purchase and will continue to use the device. I'm giving it 3 lippies for my personal review on my skin type.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2010 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Shourek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased my Tanda when it just came out, a few years back. It came with both the blue and the red head lights. I was suffering from minor acne at the time, and so I only tried the blue light.
I used it religiously everyday for 2 months, and it transformed by minor acne into major acne.
At first I thought it was because it was spreading the bacteria, so I was washing the head after each use, but it did not change a thing.
It is an interesting principle, because it is the same technology used by doctors to treat acne, but it does not work.
Maybe the red light (anti-aging) works better, but I'm too scared to try it.
Overall, if you have acne problems go see a dermatologist or stick to dermatological lines like La Roche Posay, Avene, Reversa, etc., don't waste your money on things that just damage your skin while claiming to be miraculous.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2010 8:54:00 AM More reviews by HappyGoLucky27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I finally purchased Tanda Rejuvenate Anti-Ageing device after reading about it here and on other forums. It costs AU$495.00 in Australia and only available through The Shaver Shop as far as I know. eBay sell this as well at around $400.00 but I thought for something this expensive, I might as well buy it from a shop so that if there's any problems I can take it to the shop to have it fixed.

Tonight is the first time I tried this so there are no difference on my face yet, I'm looking forward to waking up tomorrow to see if there's any improvements. My skin is very oily and I have a few acne scars I'm trying to get rid of and I'm crossing my fingers it works!

What I wanted to mention was, I am also having the same issue with the charger. I have fully charged the device but the only way I can get the switch to turn green and stay green (and for the red light to come on) is while the device is still in the charge stand, which means I'm holding the whole unit going round and round on my face! I've tried taking it out of the stand but it just switches off. I'm not very impressed by this and it seems it's a common problem with the Tanda device.

Also, once you've finished doing your face, does anyone use moisturiser afterwards? And eye creams? I'm not sure if you're supposed to or not although I did tonight.

So far my review isn't that good but if/when I see improvements I'll update. I'm hoping for a miracle and hopefully my acne scars disappear within the next few months! I will keep my post updated!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2010 6:12:00 PM More reviews by genahy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

UPDATE: Boy, I really spoke too soon on this product. After a week on my chin and two weeks on my nose, this device broke me out ridiculously. I mean I literally woke up with 6 pimples on my chin. They were minor, but STILL. I had heard that breaking out more could be a risk with light therapy, so I'm not surprised. Also, it was VERY time consuming, expensive, and sometimes uncomfortable, and it did leave me red a few minutes after I used it which I didn't like. All I can say is thank God Sephora takes returns.

That being said, this did work on some people, so it may be worth a try.

One thing to note: I used it over two weeks and never had charging/technical problems as others did here. I think this is because I followed a reviewer's advice here and didn't charge it 24/7, only charged as needed.

OLD REVIEW:
I bought Tanda during a difficult period for my skin. It took me awhile to buy it, because I'd heard such mixed reviews here, and on Sephora's site (basically it doesn't work for everyone and some were having technical problems). Also, the expensive price was a factor that made me pause, and I was fearful of irritation.

At first I was going to buy the ANSR, but the place selling it in my area had a crap return policy. So knowing I could return if I bought at Sephora, I made the very expensive ($272 with tax) plunge, feeling somewhat optimistic, since my skin has usually done well in the summer. (Tanda is not dangerous heat like tanning salons, but I believe it mimics the sun's effects.)

Tanda basically works by killing P. acnes bacteria, in a faster and less irritating way than benzoyl peroxide.

I started out using this under my nose, which was breaking out daily. This is an area that cannot tolerate most topical treatments. (Salicylic/Glycolic acids result in horrific rosacea flares.)

Well, today is day three. My under the nose area is CLEAR. IN 3 FREAKING DAYS. This, to me, is an absolute miracle. Now, I am extending the Tanda to my chin, which is suffering a whitehead purge from Neostrata's Bionic Serum.

It takes me 15 minutes twice a day to use the Tanda. This is for under my nose and my entire chin area, so I'm doing half my face in a short time. (My upper half of my face rarely breaks out.)

Some important things to note, which others have noted as well:

* You do need to be committed with this product. I doubt it would work if you didn't use at least once a day.
* The blemish gel they give you with it is not needed. I never used it. I doubt the cleanser is needed either. Use your own, you'll be fine.
* You will probably need to charge it after every use, if you are doing a significant area. Once fully charged, Tanda is supposed to work for 30 minutes (I found it was more like 28 minutes).
* Supposedly a lot of people are having trouble with it keeping a charge. As someone here noted, this may be because tanda's instruction booklet urges you to keep it charged 24/7. I did not want to do that, simply for safety's sake, so I charge it only when needed to, and when not charging, I leave it unplugged.
* You must clean your Tanda after every use. But DO NOT put it in water. I put some rubbing alcohol on a cotton pad, then follow up with water on a pad, and let air dry.
* You will feel a warm feeling on your face sometimes. Sort of like your face is taking a relaxing warm bath. I don't mind it, and I've never had lasting irritation from using this product. Sometimes I get creases (like bed creases) if I push it into my skin too hard, but those go away in like two seconds.
* You should give the Tanda a few minutes to "cool off" if doing many areas at a time. Otherwise, it can get a little warm, and might leave you pink for a second or two.
* I don't use the goggles, however I would if I was doing this by my eyes.
* This is not recommended for use other than the face. If you use on neck, you could stimulate your thyroid.
* If you have acne all over your face, I would not recommend it. It will take too long. It is ideal, though, if your acne is limited to "trouble zones."

All in all, I am really happy with the Tanda so far. I know if it breaks within 90 days, it's going back to Sephora, and if it's past that date, it is under warranty for a year. Even if it only lasts a year, it is still costing me about $25 a month, which is a bargain. Hopefully, this continues to work and continues to be an HG for me for acne.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by stevenb

I purchased the blue light tanda and the additional red head from Sephora. I had good results when I could get the device to work but unfortunately it was constantly beeping error messages. Whenever I would hit the start button the tanda would go beep beep beep and then not function. I had to push down with force and hold it down then press start to get mine to work. Once the cycle was started then the tanda would function properly.

I know youíre supposed to activate it then bring it to the skin but mine would not beep once to signal it was ready 90% of the time.

Itís unfortunate the device is not better made for the price because I think it may have helped my acne. All the beeping and error messages were just too much so I returned mine to Sephora.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2010 12:21:00 AM More reviews by illeyad

I have had my device for over a year now. I keep wanting to write a review but I am really on the fence with this one. Maybe I'm just lazy or maybe I'm justified for having some misgivings, I'm not really sure. I'll explain myself. I purchased the Blue Light therapy device from Tanda. It is meant to kill the p. acnes bacteria from the surface of the skin and prevent acne from showing up on the skin. You use the device by holding the rectangular treatment head to each treatment area for 3 minutes at a time. It will beep every 30 seconds to let you know how much time has fone by, then promptly turn off after each treatment cycle. I purchased the delux package for $350 CAD. It comes with the treatment device plus rechargeable cradle, as well as those tanning goggles if you have sensitivity to the light, the gentle Tanda face wash, and Tanda topical. In a nut shell, yes the blue light is affective, however the current design of the product makes it inconvenient for those who suffer moderate acne, but acceptable for those who suffer mild acne.

PRODUCT EXPERIENCE:

I get acne all over my face and neck, and even some on my chest and shoulders. My acne is considered moderate because my pimples are small, with few mid size ones, and I almost never get cysts (very rare for me). My acne thwarts my dreams for healthy skin with numbers not size. For me, it takes as long as 45 minutes in the morning and an additional 45 minutes to treat my skin. Part of the reason it takes so long is because I have a larger surface area to treat, my acne is not limited to just my cheeks, I have trouble zones everywhere. The second reason it takes so long, is the products design. The treatment head is only a few inches wide. Additionally it is censored so that it only remains lit when at close contact with skin. When I try to hover it over my skin so I can circle it and broaden the area I want to treat, the light goes out because the censor is too sensitive. I managed to stay committed and saw my acne clear in 6 weeks. I was pretty impressed, but it took a lot of effort on my behalf. After 6 months, I simply could not commit myself to the routine, it was far too time consuming for me.

I tried to reduce the morning to 15 minutes on only my worst break out zones, and leave the evening at 45 mins, but the acne began to creep back. On top of that, the Tanda stopped holding a charge, I had to leave it attached to the cradle in order to use it. That only solved part of the, eventually the device began to overheat and it actually burned out my LED light. Frustrated I called Tanda. They were kind enough to send me a prepaid slip, and had it repaired with in 5 days and it was back at my door. However when I used it, one week later it broke again (no I did not drop it, it just...broke I don't know how I suspect they cut corners when they repaired it). I had to tape the treatment head to the device so I could keep it in place. It was at that point I felt disillusioned. Eventually I just stopped using it, I could not commit the time it required to maintain the results and eventually the acne began to come back.

ADDITIONAL PRODUCTS INCLUDED:

(1)Face Wash: it is very nice and midl, almost identical to the Yonka gentle cleanser it is very good for sensitive skin, but it will not remove all make up.
(2) Tanda Topical Treatment: useless on my skin, it dried out my skin. I tried using it as a spot treatment, but it simply did not suffice. At least it came in a nice opaque white glass pump. I ended up giving it to my sister.
(3) Protective Goggles: unnecessary for me, but still a good touch. Too bad i don't go tanning :P

CONCLUSION:

I still think this product is ideal if you have mild or concentrated acne (acne that only appears in certain places on your body, like cheeks and chin, or forehead and sides of face) If you have a lot of areas to treat, at least the first generation model, is a lot of time commitment and effort, and eventually it will be a pain to keep using. This product is also more affective for the utmost sensitive and intolerant skin types, seeing as it is the only acne treatment on the market with zero side effects. It is considered extremely safe and ideal for anyone who wants to take a more 'natural' approach to treating acne (natural in the sense that you are not apply chemicals) The product itself only treats acne, but it will not prevent it. I found it more affective to use the Dermaglow Radiance line, it not only reduced my acne significantly, but it restored the smoothness to my skin that the Tanda could not. Not to mention it only takes 5 minutes out of my day to use it. If they come out with a way to make the Tanda System more efficient so I don't have to spend so much time using it, than I would revisit it, but for now I am going to stick to Dermaglow because it yields faster and dare I say, better results.
- I am giving the product a 4, despite my dissatisfactions with it, it does give you the results you want, however I having my misgivings about the quality make of the device. Perhaps I got a faulty model, but I read others had the 'burn out' problem as well.
Happy Shopping!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by MissKrimson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

AMAZING FOR ACNE! HG for sure! This is about the blue acne tanda! I cannot express how worth buying this is. At $250 for 6,000 uses per head which costs $100+ at the dermatologist for one treatment its so inexpensive. I have suffered for the last 10 years with acne, using every skin care to every dermatology treatment to every prescription. AND THIS IS THE BEST! it kills the p.acne bacteria and prevents scarring. In one use I saw a HUGE improvement....... EVERYONE who knows me asks me everyday what I have been doing with my skin...... and its all thanks to This beautiful Machine! that I recommend that you run to your nearest retailer who sales it and buy it!

if you need any advice about this product let me know!
Do you suffer from acne? and nothing works?
http://vividfusion.blogspot.com/ <-check this out!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2010 2:12:00 PM More reviews by send2jenn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

THIS IS A REVIEW FOR THE REGENERATE ANTI-AGING SYSTEM. I can't yet comment on how this product works but I just want to get this useful piece of information out to all the frustrated users regarding the battery life. I tried out a brand new device and was so annoyed at the short battery life. I charged the device exactly how the user's guide stated but after having it sit in a drawer for a couple of days, before I found time to use it again, the battery was dead. I took it back to the store, made my complaint, and they exchanged the unit.

This time I contacted the manufacturer first. Again, fully charge the battery as stated in the user's guide and then after EACH use they recommend storing the handheld piece on the recharging stand. Keep the little plastic plug that came with the device and place it back into the bottom of the device if traveling without the recharging stand. Apparently the device loses charge if there is nothing in the bottom of the hand-held piece.

I didn't want to keep it plugged into the wall 24/7 so I tried just storing it in my closet while sitting on the recharging stand (but not plugged into the wall) and it absolutely keeps the charge in between each use.

Remember it's designed to last approximately 45 minutes before recharging (it should last for almost three 18-minute anti-aging treatments) Hope this helps.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2010 1:48:00 AM More reviews by bsteves06

I have a few tips for you ladies. After reading that many of you had trouble with your Tanda's holding the charge, I got to thinking. When you have a cell phone that has a older battery, you have to wait for it to drain before you recharge. If you use it a bit, then charge it, eventually the memory of the battery will shorten. So I applied this to my Tanda. I use it until it totally turns off, and when I'm not using it, I DON"T charge it, I just rest it on it's side on my night table.

If it needs charging, I charge it fully, then unplug it, then sart using it until it dies, and so forth. I think keeping it on the charger is what is making it lose it's battery life, but that is just my opinion. I bought mine in October and have had no problems with it holding a charge, I think it's because I follow the above steps.

As for my skin, I think it's helping my discoloration a bit, I've had some bad breakouts, AND I stopped using it for a few months because I was so busy. I'm going to start using it again as much as possible, and I will update again in a few months. I just wanted to share my plug in tips.

I cleanse my face with cetaphil and Thursday Plantation Tee Tree oil soap, then use the tanda under my eyes, and on my cheeks and chin. Anywhere I have discoloration/left over spots from pimples. I try and keep it in one place for the three minutes. It's time consuming, but I do it when I'm watching tv. I also wipe it with an alcolhol wips after each use.
Anyway as I said before I have not been consistant using this so I am going to update in a few months.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2009 6:46:00 PM More reviews by cuddly_penguin

It actually worked -- I found the red light to be more effective than blue -- it seemed to BOTH reduce redness AND breakouts.

Problem is, mine broke and would not hold a charge more than a few seconds. Tanda's customer service is horrendous. Even if they agree to replace the unit, the replacement unit soon breaks and then....eventually....your warranty runs out and they don't care.

I think LED light treatments can really work, but just don't buy THIS product from THIS company. They will take your money and laugh at you when it breaks.

EDIT: found from another reviewer the secret -- leave it plugged into the base, and it still works. So I'm adding back 2 lippies since it still works, but it is ULTRA LAME that you have to leave it plugged in. It should NOT break in the FIRST PLACE.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No