December 22, 2014 | 1782 users online

Shampoo - Dove - Go Fresh Cucumber & Green Tea Cool Moisture Shampoo for Normal Hair

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2010 5:41:00 PM More reviews by mel7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

It smells great, but I found it too drying for my fine, wavy hair. My hair felt stripped and was literally squeaky clean ( not a good thing I think for an everyday shampoo, maybe if it was a once a week clarifying shampoo) Also, I noticed a lot of hair breakage and clumps of hair in the shower, which scared me as my hair is already on the thin side. I am currently using aveeno nourish + volumize shampoo and have not noticed as much breakage. This may work for virgin, resilient hair types, but not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2010 11:31:00 PM More reviews by skeletonpunk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

The old formulation of the Green Tea & Cucumber was my favorite shampoo/conditioner and I was upset when they changed it, but here's a review for the new forumla: this shampoo works really well to clarify or if you have oily hair, because it leaves your hair feeling super clean but not completely stripped of moisture. I use it with a different conditioner though, because the matching one for this shampoo doesn't do anything but leave a "film" on my hair, as a previous review said.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2010 4:14:00 PM More reviews by coeco7

This product line, including shampoo was a waste of money. The shampoo seemed to dry out my hair and the conditioner left a strange film on my hair. I tend to be a snob when it comes to my hair, but my boyfriend isn't. He too did NOT like this product at all. We hate to be wasteful so we finished the bottles, which did not improve. We will NOT buy this product again, and probably wont be purchasing any of the other dove shampoo conditioner products as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2010 3:54:00 PM More reviews by chewydg

This shampoo gives me a relaxing feeling I really love the smell and it gives my hair such a clean feeling. Totally recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2009 8:24:00 PM More reviews by PinkHarley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My 15 yr old daughter has thin limp hair that has to be washed daily due to a greasy scalp. Her hair always looked so flat against her head, especially on top. This shampoo was an impulse purchase. But WOW, the results were there after the first wash. It looked like she had hair extensions after drying her hair. Even at the end of the day, I just couldn't believe my girl finally had hair column!!!! She did condition with Tresemme Healthy Volume Conditioner afterward, which was also a recent purchase. I think the combination is great if you have thin hair and don't want it weighed down.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2009 3:33:00 AM More reviews by mylesgarcia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i got the nectarine/ginger shampoo and conditioner...smelled sooo yummy and got me the second i took a whiff at walmart! brought it home and couldn't wait to try it... =( made my hair super dry and dull! i've been seeing mixed reviews. i gave it to my sis and she likes it...she has virgin hair (untreated, never dyed etc) I, on the other hand, straightens, blow dry and color my hair...it made my hair poofy, dried my ends and my hair ended up looking like a pyramid once it dried. too bad i wanted it to work... =(

so . . . .
YES for untreated hair types
NO for ppl who color, blow dry or straighten hair

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2009 6:32:00 PM More reviews by lsquared

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was so surprised to find that Dove came up with such an awesome shampoo. I remember way back when Dove first came up with their shampoo lines, the formula was horrible for my hair. But now, this one totally convinced me otherwise. The funny thing is that it works wonders for both mine and my boyfriend's hair, and we have very different hair textures. Mine is thick, kind of wavy, coarse and dry while his is fine, straight, soft and oily. Somehow it keeps mine soft, bouncy and conditioned while keeping his volumized and oil-free throughout the day. I feel like I am writing an ad for Dove but it's true, this is one shampoo that actually works for my problematic hair. I will buy again and again...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2009 8:41:00 PM More reviews by LadyAmaryllis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm surprised this doesn't get more love here on MUA! This smells fabulous and is great for getting my normal, uncolored hair nice and clean. It might be a little drying if used alone but I use the matching conditioner so drying has not been a problem for me at all. No miracles, but no adverse effects either, and I'm perfectly happy with it. I'm almost done with my first bottle and will probably end up buying another.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 2:28:00 AM More reviews by orch_id

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i just bought this and the conditioner at wal-mart in the huge family size bottles for 5 bucks each :) i love this scent so much for my hair, i wasnt even sure if it was gonna work for my hair but after using it for 3 days now i am very happy with the results. my hair is soft and shiny without getting greasy halfway through the day ( i hate having to choose between that or feeling like my hair has been stripped of all moisture and feels like straw)!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2008 5:59:00 PM More reviews by MyFavoriteWeapon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Made my hair fall out in clumps, as did a family member.