October 1, 2014 | 887 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by sxyleolady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this powder. I have been using it for many years and it's still the best IMO. It is very lightweight and I use it to set my foundation as well as throughout the day to mattify my oily skin. When used lightly, it gives the skin a smooth finish. Pores are less visible and the skin stays matte for quite awhile. Do not apply this powder heavily (especially under the eyes) or you'll end up looking like a reverse raccoon.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 1:51:00 AM More reviews by staceyd2401

I used to think that this powder did nothing for me and I started using it just to use it up. Then all over a sudden people starting complimenting my skin and asking me what I was doing with as it looked really soft and smooth. The only thing I could put it down to was this powder. I do use it everywhere besides my cheeks just to stop my makeup from moving into any expression lines but have found that it does also have a great blurring effect on my mid size pores and I think this is why people think my skin looks smoother and softer.
I would love to see them improve the packaging on this so it was more travel friendly. I do have the travel size but never travel with it for this reason!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 8:55:00 PM More reviews by nostradamus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I want a more matte finish, I buff this finishing powder all over my face. If I want a more "natural" look, I only powder the T-zone, and maybe dust under the eyes to discourage any migration of eye makeup. Even though it seems pricey, a jar lasts a really long time if you apply with a light hand. My one issue is with the packaging because I like to tap the powder into the cap, but the cap is rather small and my powder brush barely fits into it. The jar should be redesigned in width for a more user-friendly application.

And for those who travel with their makeup, consider taping over the little release holes to avoid a surprise (read: huge mess) by your arrival time. Seriously.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2014 7:09:00 AM More reviews by LisaJanson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I only use this products in spring and summertime, since my skin is far too dry during the colder months. Oily skin isn't maybe the biggest problem of mine, but I like to swirl this on because it leaves your skin all soft and velvety ...a truly luxurious feeling.

This powder works fine but the pricing is absolutely ridiculous, considering how small amount the jar contains. Love the packaging though. No spill whatsoever:)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2014 6:41:00 AM More reviews by Dis8ged

Really not too sure what this product does for me, because I still shine after 3-4 hours of application. I use it after my loose powder, and I feel that it has the same effect of a loose powder.

Expensive.

Creates a really big mess when opening, using, and closing it. Really bad packaging design.

Wouldn't repurchase as I feel that MUFE is simply trying to scam women into purchasing more of their products when they can simply apply 2 layers of loose powder and achieve the same effect.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2014 6:00:00 AM More reviews by GirlyGirl143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have dry skin, so I really just need a powder to set my concealer. I loved this powder, it was finely milled, truly translucent and made my makeup look perfect. However, because it is 100% silica it left white patches on my face with flash photography. I just can't justify the price ($34US) since I need it for so little and I would be paranoid about going out with friends and taking photos...

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by valerialox

I started using this translucent powder as a cheaper alternative to my Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre, as I wanted something that wasn't as heavy and I heard great things about how lightweight and fine this powder is. It definitely does hold true to the fine texture claims but I do find it can wash out my half asian skin SLIGHTLY. Nevertheless I continue to use it as it is so fine and helps me control my oily skin. I've never had any of the issues people have mentioned with flash photography and I'm generally not sparing when I apply it so I'm not really sure why that is. I think what keeps me coming back is just how easily it glides on to my skin, however I'd love it had a bit more coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by ccarebear344

I love the powder it keeps me oil free all day long!! The powder is so fine that it really blends my makeup and it looks airbrushed on. The only problem is the packaging. There is no way to dispense the product without creating a mess!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I bought the small size from Ulta for $10.

I don't know if I got a bad one or if this product just doesn't work for me. It doesn't set my concealer (it still creases) but it causes the concealer to be cakey. I tried setting my whole face with this and I was an oil slick by midday (if it even took that long; probably oily before then!). It just doesn't work with my Studio Fix fluid.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

For the first time in my life I didn't look like an oil slick after 8 hrs but looked like I applied foundation 2.5 hrs ago. I didn't feel ashamed by my "facial looks", was astonished when I looked myself in the mirror (my makeup stayed in place, no touch-ups in those 8 hrs) and self-conscious (hello!, I've got my make-up right in place).

EIGHT HOURS, PEOPLE!!

I've never bothered to write a review about this powder since it didn't have any effect on me, and I didn't want to downgrade it. For the first time I added these (*) steps:
- applied moisturizer for oily skin, Sans Soucis
- * applied Garnier 5 seconds primer
- applied Bobbi Brown Skin foundation
- *heavily applied MUFE HD powder (I usually applied it lightly, sparingly)
- * heavily applied TheBalm Sexy Mama powder on forhead and cheeks (sually applied it lightly, sparingly, and never combined it with MUFE.
Note, it was noticeable I applied powder, but I can live with that. As long as the foundation holds.

I've worn this foundation for 8 hrs and there was no oil on my face. And when I say it, I mean it. From now on, I'll be sticking to this routine.

The problem with my skin is that I get oily after 2.5 hrs no matter what foundation I wear, and after that, the foundation starts to fade or break.

Try it, either this, or any other. But, there is a way to keep oil at bay. It exists!

I would not buy it again since there's no Sephora (not in my country, neither in neighbor countries). Buying it on online makes it too expensive. I may try Tarte one which is cheaper online (compared to MUFE online). But I do recommend it to those that have the opportunity to buy it. Would recommend.