November 29, 2014 | 1395 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by kayleenicole22

I love this foundation! It applies so well and really gives you a flawless finish. I wore this for a week and my mom had no idea that i was wearing foundation until she actually saw me putting it on one day.. she just thought my face was looking healthy and clear. Gives excellent coverage (says medium but i would say more like full) without looking cakey, which i really love since that's one of my pet peeves... make up should help you look younger, not older! I have combination skin (oily in t-zone and dry everywhere else) and it works great for both. I also have a pretty difficult skin tone to match but i found the perfect shade, which is very rare! A little pricey at $42 at sephora but worth it in my opinion. Definitely sticking with this one for as long as i can.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 4:38:00 AM More reviews by secerni

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this foundation for 3 years now and I would not change it for anything. I absolutely love it! It sets evenly on my skin and offers a medium coverage, heavy if you apply in layers. I purchased it initially as I loved Kim Kardashian's makeup and found out she uses mufe hd foundation religiously. It doesn't streak at all, has a lovely finish and leaves my skin looking dewy. It also photographs great. I could not recommend it enough! If you are hesitant due to the price tag, it is well worth it in my opinion as my bottle lasts me on average 8 months or so. The only reason I gave the packaging a 4/5 and not the full, is due to the pump. It sometimes leaks slightly if I am to carry it in a makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Pinksk8wax

I've been using this for about 6 years now and I love it. I've strayed a few times just to try something new and I ALWAYS go back. It's the only foundation that matches my skin tone PERFECTLY (shade 128). If you're hesitant because of the price don't be. It's totally worth it. It takes me about 4 months to get through one bottle. Also, if you're looking for a more heavier coverage this is not it. It's awesome if you are looking for light-medium coverage. Definitely recommend this !!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2014 5:49:00 PM More reviews by MeloraRabbit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pros:
*Light, smooth dewy finish
*Nice color matching
* no SPF, (Good for night wear)
* Does make my skin look good in photos.

Cons:
*"Silicon" based, so it doesnt let the skin breathe
*Coverage is almost too light, more like a tinted moisturizer.
* The pakaging bothers me! I keep my makeup in a bag, and the cap just will not stay on this bottle. The pump is nice, but this packaging is only good if you keep your makeup on a counter, not in a makeup bag.
*No SPF, not good for daytime protection
* Expensive. (Any single product that costs more than $30 is expensive for makeup, in my book)

Like many others, I wanted to love this foundation. I do still use it for special occasions, because for me, the color match is good, and the finish is pretty and natural looking. I apply it in a light layer using a sponge. and set it with the HD powder. (I do love the HD Powder brush)
The downside to this product is that I feel like it breaks me out. I tend to prefer BB creams, because I want an all in one product with SPF. Smashbox is currently my fav because it looks natural color and texture, I believe it is waterbased, it feels nice and has SPF, but Im looking into trying Tarte soon. I am (like many of you) trying to go as natural and gentle as possible with my products, because I break out very bad, I have pretty bad hormonal and cyctic acne along my jawbone, neck and checks as well as large clogged pores over most of my face. Anything that will break me out, product wise, usually does so within a few days of use.
I think that this clogs my pores too much for daily wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2014 3:54:00 AM More reviews by Arinabee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this stuff. The only downside is that during the summer it does tend to make me look oily but other than that it great. I enjoy it more during the cold months because it gives me a slight dewiness that i enjoy when its cold, in the summer though not so much. It also photographs really nicely.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by CosmeticDesires

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had a hard time finding a match with my skin tone. I liked how it feels on the skin but unfortunately I had to go with smashbox. :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

I really liked how this looks on the skin but with my oil skin this is just to greasy.
There is no way I can wear this :( so sad too

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2014 5:37:00 AM More reviews by jcq

I have acne-prone, oily, sensitive skin, which may make the worst combination skin type.
Shade: NC 25-30, 125 is almost a perfect match. Does not oxidize.
Longetivity: very good. minimum transfer, stay put without cakiness through out the day
coverage: full coverage, I have minor blemishes and redness, one pump is enough to cover most of the imperfections, including light dark circle.
finish: dewy and smooth. I did not expect this to have dewy finish, and this actually looks quite natural in real life, and of course for photograph.
texture: very runny, feels surprisingly lightweight and comfortable. I don't think layering is a good idea since it may turn cakey rather than added coverage.
packaging: nice clear bottle with a pump.

cons:
- average to poor oil control. I am an oily gurl who lives in humid weather. My skin starts getting oily in less than 2 hours, with primer and setting powder.
- it highlights bumps and dry patches. Although it's a high coverage product, I think it works best for covering spots and major discoloration
- pricey.. enough said.
I am not sure whether to repurchase, with oil control as my biggest concern. But this one performs quite okay and does not break me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Julia336

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I originally bought this foundation for a wedding last year. Since then I've fallen in love with it. I did notice it caking when I first used it, but I cut the amount I used in half. After doing that, I noticed it didn't cake anymore. For people experiencing caking, I suggest using less than you currently do for a while and see if there's a difference.

I put the amount I want to use on the back of my hand then I use the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to dot it around my face and then I buff it in with circular motions.

I will be repurchasing this when I finish it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2014 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Princessamata

Ok so I have been using this for a couple of weeks now . I must say I agree with most of the reviews . It is extremely natural looking... Almost too natural sometimes.. If that makes sense . It is a perfect skin color match ( I wear 120) . It can get a little oily after a couple hours but if you use a good setting powder it stays alllll day . I think my only complaint is that it is a pretty light coverage . You need a good concelear if you have any discoloration on your face like I do . Overall it is really pretty awesome. I am still trying to find what powder to best use with it though. Right now I am using my studio fix to add a little more color to my face because I kinda feel like it makes me look a little pale . But I guess I kinda am so... I'm still trying to work with it and get the best look possible. If you do not have any discolorations this would be prefect for you .