September 2, 2014 | 1246 users online

Liquid - Shu Uemura - Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation ] [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 11:31:00 AM More reviews by cherie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is "angel" foundation,not only this makes my skin oh-so-smooth when i wear it,it also makes my skin oh-so-smooth after i clean my makeup,and improve my skin condition.I'm extremely happy,I call this as skin care too,not only makeup.i started to use this 3 months ago,when i started,my skin was not in a good condition,around 2 pimples every week,and small bumps here n there.Due to several foundation i tried before(bobbi brown,MAC,n lot more).The first week i used this fdt,my skin improved a lot,small bumps started to go away,and no more new pimple.I thought it was just my hormone was gtting normal,but its not.Something in this foundation mosturized my skin.and make it oh-so-smooth.After 3 months usage.finally i have clear skin.The key is only the way i clean this fdt,i read some of the reviewers break out from this.i think its because of the cleanser.this is still makeup,i need to cleanse really~~ well.i don't use oil cleanser/makeup remover.but i prefer milk cleanser,followed with face soap,and my cleanser including toner in 1 bottle from my doctor.and I'm good to go to bed.And find out that this doesn't break me out,in other hand,this improves my skin condition.The others already made so many reviews about how this product make their face flawless.i'll tell my experience.At first time,i used this 1 pump,and i found out that it was too much,it makes me look cakey,and not good.Then i tried another way,i used half pump.spread all over face with finger,and smooth out with sponge.if i need to conceal,i use concealer underneath.And set with shu uemura colorless loose powder.and I'm really to go,i don't need to blot with powder,i just need to bring my hakugen sweat and oil clear film.and use it everytime i feel oily,like every 3-4 hours.(I have combination skin)like other reviewers said,this fdt makes skin look flawless and poreless(i use shu uemura mousse UV base as a primer everyday).This and shu UV base together is quite expensive for me.But its worth it.since it improves my skin condition and make me look flawless.i think this works better as sheer to medium coverage.it can be built up,but it doesn't need too,i can use concealer at some part which i want to hide.and this way works like a charm.The problem is only finding the colour which is perfect.its quite tricky.since I'm eurasian,my skin has yellow undertone,but also pinkish.its pretty difficult to find the right colour.but this fdt in 774 match me well(yellow undertone)if i match it with pink shu uemura mousse uv base(i get pink colour from this) i am warm porcelain in bobbi brown,and NW20 in MAC concealer.Mix between NC20 and NW15 in studio fix fluid.so finding the right colour for u,might be a little tricky.and this fdt does oxidize a bit after hours later.so find 1 lighter shade. The others already tell so many things about this fdt.i don't need to describe all,i just want to share good news for "angel" product.which works like magic for me.hope it works like magic for u too :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by dawnsiow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this after my HG foundation (Chanel's Teint Innocence liquid foundation) got discontinued, and I'm really happy with it so far. I use it with Shu Uemura's UV base (pink); it provides good coverage without caking and gives my skin a really natural-looking finish. It is also not too sticky so it can be used without a powder finish. The pump is a welcome change from the horrid Chanel bottle which got so messy every time I tipped my foundation out. Also, its compact size makes it ideal since I travel often.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by daisybu

When I saw a Shu Uemura counter I couldn't help but had to buy something! I decided to buy the Face Architect Fluid foundation (this was quite a while ago, i don't even see anyone mention the shade 385 so I am guessing its discontinued? I dont even see if on the shu website!)

The SA swatched it on me and I thought it was ok, not amazing or great, just ok. I didn't see at the time it was way too light for me (I noticed this when I got home) I purchased it anyway and when the SA told me the total my jaw dropped. I didn't expect this foundation (which isn't even a full fluid oz) to cost so much! At the moment, by far the most expensive foundation I have bought. I live in UK and for some reason I think I paid £36 for it, but online now it is only £34.

I have recently started to put this on again (for some reason, I am playing around with the foundations I currently own) and I actually quite like it, I must have gotten lighter as the shade seems to suit me well (maybe cause its winter). This foundation stays on your face (e.g if you take off a jumper and accidently rub your face, it doesnt smudge on your jumper... it stays on your face).

I wouldn't purchase this again though... mainly cause of the price and probably cause there are highstreet./drugstore foundations out there that can do pretty much the same.

I like the packaging though...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by renaphuah

This is my 2nd bottle. My skin changes from time to time, oily but with dehydrated areas especially around my mouth. This foundation is good for someone with similar skin type, buildable coverage and most importantly, the colour stays the same. I am using 774 which is one of the best colour matched to my skintone ever (other foundations that I have used were usually around 80-90percent match, never any exact match), I am a NC 25 for MAC. Will definitely re-purchase, however I may give Chanel Vitalumiere a go first.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2011 12:42:00 AM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So this is the only foundation that I have used more than 5x and that is a big deal for me. In fact, I am almost done with the bottle. Usually, I hop from foundation to foundation or don't wear any because I am never satisfied with any. I love the finish of this foundation..it is satinlike and gives my dry and dull skin a healthy glow. The coverage is light to medium. If you want a lot of coverage, I don't think it'll do the job but for someone like me who just wants to even out their skin, it works. It blends so easily too but I would not rebuy this because 1. The lasting power is disappointing. I have very dry skin but I live in an area where it is super humid most of the year so it is important that a foundation has lasting power. This fades pretty quickly even if I use a good primer, setting powder, etc. My second problem is the slightly orange tone to it. I did a lot of research prior to purchasing this though the net and apparently, 734 is supposed to be a good match for my NC40-42 skin but it has a slightly noticeable orange tint. I am more golden-yellow..and the orange tint can be noticeable.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by watada

I wanted to try this product after seeing all the glowing reviews here, but bc in the States you can't go in anywhere and find your color, I gave up. Then, when in London I went into Harrod's and they had a counter there. So I got a good matching color and tried it when I got home.
    I also have MUFE's HD foundation, and one day I did a side by side comparision- MUFE on one side, Shu on the other.
    I have to say, I didn't notice much difference. The color in both matched me well, and seemed the same in terms of coverage. It certainly didn't make me look flawless, you can still see my rather large pores, and didn't cover discolorations/acne scars completely (maybe if I had layered more, but I hate looking like I have a mask on). Still, both covered redness around nose well and helped even out my complexion a little, and didn't look like I had a lot of make up on.
    Which one do I like better? Honestly, they both seem the same to me personally. Maybe I don't look at myself much during the day, so I can't tell about staying power, but they both seem like good products, and are about the same price.
    I'll probably buy the MUFE one again when I'm out of both, simply bc you can pick it up at any Sephora or on their website with free shipping. If I can get free shipping from Shu's website, and no tax, I'd do that.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2011 8:37:00 AM More reviews by vit_c

Pump is a plus for foundations - or skincare for the matter - as its more hygenic.

I used to use this in the cream tub version in 774 Light beige - it was so White for me (i am nc20-25) & anyway i got this liquid foundation one in the pump as the mousse one didnt work out for me & oxidized badly.

so i though it should be safe to just get the fairest colour like before & look like a ghost during the morning & a human in the afternoon - no.

I dont understand WHY i went to SHU because i wanted a proper Makeup artist to HELP me with a correct shade & i still ended up looking YELLOW in this 774 & i didnt understand why - even if i have become tanner (maybe i became fairer from not using SPF for 9 mths in my pregancy - i was breaking out like crazy & stayed away from spf even) this same sade from the cream version should not make me look so YELLOW in the liquid version.

anyway no thanks for making me look yellow - its not flattering at all - i am better off with a drug store foundation - just pick any ivory colour & i am right.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2011 10:43:00 PM More reviews by RussetBrunette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

FINALLY! My HG foundation! I have been on a search for my HG for so long now. Have tried everything from revlon, mac, lancome, chanel.. and the list goes on. My skin is combination, my t-zone gets pretty oily by the middle of the day. Most oil controlling foundation leave the rest of my face either cakey or dry,no matter how much I moisturize and exfoliate. I found Shu Uemura on a whim. I saw it around but never thought twice about it. I went there looking for a lipstick and decided to check out their foundation. At that time I was trying out Mac Matchmaster foundation, which still looked a little dark on me and would fade after a few hours, but i did love the finish it gave my skin. The minute the SA put Face Architeect I was in LOVE. My face looked FLAWLESS, and it lasted all day. it looked so natural I could not believe my eyes. Now I am hooked on Shu Uemura products... I cannot believe I waited this long to try them out!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2011 3:45:00 AM More reviews by erika21

I love this foundation. I've finished 2 bottles of this and I'm currently 1/2 way through my 3rd bottle.

I'm using 754, and it matches my skin tone. It does not leave me looking ashy or grey (the result when I used mineral powder foundation). I like the natural look that this liquid foundation gives when applied with bobbi brown foundation brush. It is not thick and yet covers my pores well. This foundation can also be layered without making your makeup look thick and mask-like. On days when I require more coverage on certain areas with uneven skin tone, I use the nobara stick foundation as a concealer on those areas. Lastly, I set my makeup with Shu Uemura's loose matt powder in 7 YR Medium Light. And I'm all set.

My face looks flawless until some time around mid day, where I get oily on the forehead, nose and chin. After blotting my face, I touch up my face with some loose powder (Colourless) and I'm good to go for lunch.

My conclusion: This is a great foundation for someone who prefers a natural look (light but can achieve medium coverage when layered). It does not clog pores or cause breakouts. I also like that it contains deepsea water which can act as a humectant to moisturise skin. This foundation however is not resistant to water and oil. So, a compact powder will be handy for quick touch ups.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2011 1:25:00 AM More reviews by darkangelslave

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this product yesterday after seeing such rave reviews about it on here. I am a very light yellow based skin tone and the lady at the counter suggested this in 784. Which looked fine in store, but a tad too pale in normal light. Probably would have been better with 774. Aside from that i really can't say i like this product, i really wanted to love it after all these reviews but to be completely honest it provided less coverage than my Dior Hydra Tinted moisturiser!!! I was really disappointed with the coverage it was almost completely sheer when applied with a sponge!!! With my fingers wasn't much better, I still wouldn't go as far as saying it was a medium coverage. So for that aspect I was really upset. It has a lovely texture and smell but the coverage for me was pretty poor. I have really great skin (a few lil scars from severe eczema as a child) and no break outs and barely any redness. But it just didn't cover as much as I would hoped. If your looking for something just basic for everyday then i would recommend it if you like the feel of a TM. Finish is a little too matte (it says semi-matte but to me was more on the matte side) but it did have a tiny bit of dimension (illumination) to it. I might be using this foundation to mix with some of my darker ones but i can not say that i am sold on it. Thats why i couldn't see myself re-purchasing this product. I have only used this product twice, so i will update if i suddenly discover something to love about this product but for now, an ok foundation for daily use with very sheer coverage.

UPDATE: Finally got to go back and get the right colour. Was matched at 784 but it made me look like Casper the ghost... Got 774, much better match for my skin tone. Now, instead of applying this with my hands or a sponge (way too light of a coverage, almost none to me) I applied it with the new Shiseido angled foundation brush. SO MUCH BETTER!!! Not only did i get a medium coverage, it looked flawless and gorgeous!! Used it with Shiseido's pore smoothing corrector primer and remained shine free for 6hrs before i had to blot. Did not set this foundation with any powder after i applied it either! Pretty impressed i must say!!!! I love Japanese (Even though i am Australian (italian heritage), but VERY yellow in skin tone) products so this one, though not my HG foundation, is definitely a fantastic product for every day or for when you just want to look fresh. Could not believe how many complements I got when i wore this foundation :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No