April 17, 2014 | 1800 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Beauty Powder - Alpha Girl

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2008 2:39:00 PM More reviews by halostatic

OMG the compact this comes in is so adorable and totally girly!
I use this most days as a light blush it's not to noticeable but does give me a bit of color.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2008 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Dimdimfr

This was my second MAC blush, and I'm totally loving it!!! :D It looks good both on pale and dark or bronzed skin. The color is somewhat like pinky peach with no giltters or sparkles. That's why I love it, I like it matt.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2008 8:30:00 PM More reviews by eternalstarangel

I'm really glad that I got this in a swap instead of spending money on this as this is so incredibly sheer that even going over my cheeks several times with this packed onto my blush brush barely shows up at all, which makes me kind of sad as it is such a beautiful color in the pan. As it is so sheer, I'm not quite sure what the point of this product is, since it doesn't seem to do much. I don't really see much of the shimmer that previous reviewers have mentioned either. If I had purchased this at MAC when it came out I would have almost certainly returned it...and I'm certainly glad I didn't choose to buy this off ebay. Unlike others, I really don't like the bright pink packing this comes in as the bright pink renders the mirror inside slightly useless...imo, the pink surrounding the mirror makes any pink glow you would get from this product hard to see on your face. would def. not repurchase

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2008 12:46:00 PM More reviews by stellastar28

Once again got suckered by packaging, unfortunately (big sigh) this is completely useless barely shows on my NW30 skintone. I cant get it to show even when I pack it on as a blush. It was my first purchase of a beauty powder from mac, going by this i would be most reluctant to buy others as they seem far too sheer for darker skins.
However this is a very finely milled powder and looks good on my NC15 mate.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2008 5:45:00 AM More reviews by abbazabba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't understand what the purpose of beauty powders are supposed to do other than to give you shimmer which ends up looking like you're oily. The only thing that drew me to this was the packaging. Other than that, I find that this barely has any color payoff and very minimal glitter payoff either.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2008 8:33:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is such a cute product! I love the packaging!!! I was able to get this yesterday at the MAC counter at Regency Mall in Richmond, VA [The MUA said they are the ONLY MAC counter to still have EVERYTHING from the Heatherette line still in stock! Wow!!]. Anyway, this is a very nice subtle blush, but I like it as a dusting powder for my cheeks and nose [can't use it too heavy all over as it makes my face turn pink...I have yellow tones]. I wish it was more warm-toned, but this is really neat! And the compact is to die for!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2008 8:40:00 PM More reviews by zeroxstar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, I'll admit I originally wanted Heatherette stuff mostly for the adorable girly pink packaging - but this beauty powder really delivers! It's the perfect natural look to wear just as a blush on my NW15 skin and gives me a natural pretty look or to use as a beauty powder it looks amazing as well. Definitely recommended for other fair cool toned girls!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2008 2:56:00 AM More reviews by glitterkitteneyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Heatherette! Oh what decadence this is! This was the ONLY product I LOVED from the Heatherette Collection. I'm a sucker for packaging and maybe a good 89 percent of it was because of the heatherette logo and the shiny (cheap) looking
sticker-esque disco ball.

I'm a medium-skinned asian gal, and this is such a great product for minimal shimmer on the cheeks. I love the fact that it deposits THE right amount of color on my cheeks. Its a pinky peach, and when I'm outside, the flush looks like it comes from within. I like to use a cremeblush first, and top my upper cheekbones with powder blush. I could brush this everywhere! Its also, on the glowier side, rather than the shimmer side, which is great because it won't overwhelm your eyes if youre feeling sparkly in that area. The sheen is fantastic, and of course, heatherette is all about fun, which this beauty powder is! decadent fun!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2008 1:21:00 AM More reviews by superha74

I may be the only MUA who doesn't like the packaging of this product. I hate having logos all over everything so I normally like the classic MAC packaging because it's black and discreet which is exactly what this compact is NOT! None the less, I love the product inside...I wear NC30 in Mineralized Satinfinish foundation and I use this all over to warm the skin with my beloved 187 and then use a sponge dampened with Fix+ and blend into the apples of my cheeks. The results are a glowing peaches and cream look that makes me appear well-rested and fresh(which is quite the opposite with a teething 9 month old at home) For rare evenings out, I'll swirl Light Flush MSF over Alpha Girl and highlight with CCB in Pearl for a "glow from within" look paired with smokey eyes and baby pink lips. I've included a pic of this look >>>>

Let me know if this helped you!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2008 6:55:00 PM More reviews by holly00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very dissapointed, if im honest it really was the fabulous packaging that attracted me to the blush but the colour pay off is really poor on my medium complexion and with a summer tan i cant imagine it will show up at all! Points for cute packaging but that is really all!