MAC Beauty Powder - Alpha Girl

4.2

on 11/27/2008 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

To be honest, I only bought Alpha Girl because of the adorable limited edition Heatherette packaging. I left it sitting in my makeup case unused for the longest time, taking it out and just swiping it on once in a while just to see how it looked... wasn't too impressed until I tried wearing it with Light Flush on top. OH WOW! What a yummy combo! On my NC30 skin, it's the perfect pinky flush! Throw on some Lightscapade as a highlight and BADA BING, I'm set for the day! Love it!!!

on 11/10/2008 5:53:00 PM

As everyone had said, the Heatherette packaging is adorable. The ultimate girly packaging, and I have to admit that I love it too. Now, maybe this beauty powder would work with someone with darker skin tone. I am a red head with fair skin and freckles, and I find it doesn't give me the effect I was hoping for. That also may have to do with the fact that it is matte, and I much prefer product with some shimmer.

on 10/13/2008 2:39:00 PM

OMG the compact this comes in is so adorable and totally girly!
I use this most days as a light blush it's not to noticeable but does give me a bit of color.

on 7/21/2008 11:23:00 AM

This was my second MAC blush, and I'm totally loving it!!! :D It looks good both on pale and dark or bronzed skin. The color is somewhat like pinky peach with no giltters or sparkles. That's why I love it, I like it matt.

I'm really glad that I got this in a swap instead of spending money on this as this is so incredibly sheer that even going over my cheeks several times with this packed onto my blush brush barely shows up at all, which makes me kind of sad as it is such a beautiful color in the pan. As it is so sheer, I'm not quite sure what the point of this product is, since it doesn't seem to do much. I don't really see much of the shimmer that previous reviewers have mentioned either. If I had purchased this at MAC when it came out I would have almost certainly returned it...and I'm certainly glad I didn't choose to buy this off ebay. Unlike others, I really don't like the bright pink packing this comes in as the bright pink renders the mirror inside slightly useless...imo, the pink surrounding the mirror makes any pink glow you would get from this product hard to see on your face. would def. not repurchase

on 6/25/2008 12:46:00 PM

Once again got suckered by packaging, unfortunately (big sigh) this is completely useless barely shows on my NW30 skintone. I cant get it to show even when I pack it on as a blush. It was my first purchase of a beauty powder from mac, going by this i would be most reluctant to buy others as they seem far too sheer for darker skins.
However this is a very finely milled powder and looks good on my NC15 mate.

on 6/15/2008 5:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't understand what the purpose of beauty powders are supposed to do other than to give you shimmer which ends up looking like you're oily. The only thing that drew me to this was the packaging. Other than that, I find that this barely has any color payoff and very minimal glitter payoff either.

on 6/9/2008 8:33:00 PM

This is such a cute product! I love the packaging!!! I was able to get this yesterday at the MAC counter at Regency Mall in Richmond, VA [The MUA said they are the ONLY MAC counter to still have EVERYTHING from the Heatherette line still in stock! Wow!!]. Anyway, this is a very nice subtle blush, but I like it as a dusting powder for my cheeks and nose [can't use it too heavy all over as it makes my face turn pink...I have yellow tones]. I wish it was more warm-toned, but this is really neat! And the compact is to die for!

on 6/1/2008 8:40:00 PM

Ok, I'll admit I originally wanted Heatherette stuff mostly for the adorable girly pink packaging - but this beauty powder really delivers! It's the perfect natural look to wear just as a blush on my NW15 skin and gives me a natural pretty look or to use as a beauty powder it looks amazing as well. Definitely recommended for other fair cool toned girls!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Heatherette! Oh what decadence this is! This was the ONLY product I LOVED from the Heatherette Collection. I'm a sucker for packaging and maybe a good 89 percent of it was because of the heatherette logo and the shiny (cheap) looking
sticker-esque disco ball.

I'm a medium-skinned asian gal, and this is such a great product for minimal shimmer on the cheeks. I love the fact that it deposits THE right amount of color on my cheeks. Its a pinky peach, and when I'm outside, the flush looks like it comes from within. I like to use a cremeblush first, and top my upper cheekbones with powder blush. I could brush this everywhere! Its also, on the glowier side, rather than the shimmer side, which is great because it won't overwhelm your eyes if youre feeling sparkly in that area. The sheen is fantastic, and of course, heatherette is all about fun, which this beauty powder is! decadent fun!