December 21, 2014 | 1789 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Highlighting Brush

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by wonderdreamz

Overall, this brush is great for highlighting but using it as a stippling brush is a no no. This leaves too many streak marks and it sheds too much. So i would not be repurchasing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2011 2:39:00 AM More reviews by hyemimoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love this amazingly soft brush for my highly pigmented Nars blushes. After years of using Shu Uemura's standard-sized blush brush, I am so happy to have found my new favorite (hands down) and feel like I'm finally applying my Nars blushes properly--with a light hand yet full of pigment and perfectly blended. It hasn't shed so far after about 5 to 6 washes and was uber soft from the get go. I couldn't believe the quality for the price as I've always invested in pricier Shu Uemura, MAC, Trish McEvoy, Nars, and Bobbi Brown brushes. It looks like a stippling foundation brush but larger/fluffier, perfect for applying blush. It was recently featured as an InStyle mag best beauty buy. Plus, you can't beat the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by citrus489

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I used the MAC 187 for years, until it completely fell apart during a routine wash (the whole clump of brush hairs came out of the handle). I bought the Sonia Kashuk brush to try it out before forking over the money for a new 187, which I always thought was the best brush for applying my powder foundation. But, I will definitely not be purchasing the 187 ever again, because the SK brush is much softer, sheds less, and gives a nicer finish (for powder, anyway)! And is very affordable for the quality. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Flassie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

As it says on the packaging, this brush is amazing for blush and highlighter... but not for foundation... it just kinda clumps around and provides absolutely no coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by MaNDiiB00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

RIS. i am loving this!!! the hairs do shed but not as much. it gives me a flawless airbrushed look. i use it to apply my foundation.. this brush is really smooth and soft.. this is a keeper =]

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2011 12:11:00 AM More reviews by tempalina

I wanted a highlighting/stippling brush to apply foundation with that wouldn't break the bank so I decided to try the sonia kashuk one. At first, this performed relatively well. However, give or take a few months, I started noticing how the black fibers shed whenever I use it that it would leave bits and pieces on my face when I'm applying foundation. That's pretty annoying. Also, this is not quite as dense as I'd like it to be. The fibers tend to spread out from each other which makes it look very sparse. I do like how the handle is white and looks pretty chic but by no means is that an adequate reason to buy this brush. I would not recommend this to a friend.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2011 6:38:00 PM More reviews by dpatel1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great brush. It has never shedded once! I wash it every other day. It's really good for highlighting my cheeks with my mac iridescent powder. BUT, this is just ok for liquid foundation. It's not dense enough and it works okay but the bristles get soaked with product and gets really streaky on your face. But that's okay because it's NOT a stippling brush like people think, it is for highlighting and works great to highlight!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2011 12:07:00 PM More reviews by cuteypie195

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I admit. I wasn't exactly happy when I first used the brush. It wasn't as soft as I would like, it shed 5-6 hair at every wash and use. Weather it was powder or liquid it shed.

However, I did ntoice that after every wash it shed less hairs and they also got softer. After the 7th wash it was the perfect brush, no sheding, and soft bristles. Just what I was hopeing I would have. So, if you do tough it out for a while and use the brush it will turn into a wonderful brush.

As for application, it delivered flawlessly from day one. With foundation, blush, liquid, cream, or powder, it all applied like a dream. My only problem was the harshness of the hairs and the sheding.

Once again if you tough it out and use the brush inspite it's flaws at first it will deliver and turn into a perfect staple in your collection.

*I took of a star cuz it took 7 washes to make it perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2011 1:16:00 AM More reviews by staci01

I finally purchased this brush after reading all the raves here on MUA for so long and I'm so glad I did! This brush is a dream when applying blush and gives a light application that keeps the blush looking natural and barely there but just enough. After using this brush for blush I don't think I'll be using my Cat blush brush very often anymore. This SK brush is also great for using to apply cream highlighter. I adore this brush and I'm so glad I didn't have to shell out for the one MAC makes. Planning on buying one more for foundation and one solely for highlighter. Great item!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by nubletta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a good brush for powder products, not liquid. I don't see this working very well with liquid foundation as it's not COMPLETELY dense, but not floppy either. It sheds a tad when washed. Very soft, not scratchy whatsoever.

I use this to apply blush or bronzer. This makes it so much easier to not go over board with pigmented blush (La Femme). It definitely helps me layer it easily.

Its roughly $10 at target, which is a pretty decent price for a brush. I'd purchase again and again.