September 20, 2014 | 1310 users online

Foundations - Sally Hansen - Inspired By Carmindy Natural Beauty Your Skin Makeup ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by maureenheather

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I find this to be an absolutely lovely foundation. I would never compare it to MAC, which I think is the biggest garbage on the planet. But since I have made the mistake of using MAC, I can tell you that Creamy Natural blends in perfectly with my NW25 skin and does a great job toning down the rosacea on my chin and around my jaw. It has a luminous finish that doesn't look dewey or glittery, just very natural. The finish still looks great after several hours, and I've suffered no breakouts from it. I like the pump dispenser-- I pump a small amount directly onto a makeup sponge, dot it around my face, and blend it in. It has a nice slip, and a little goes a long way. It does not settle into my pores or laugh lines. I really think it's one of the finest liquid foundations I've ever tried, and I sincerely wish it was more widely available.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2011 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Endit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this because I wanted something easy to apply, fairly invisible, good for dry skin, and cheap.

PROS: Comparing foundation to skin is probably as old as makeup itself. However, this IS very skin like! It just has the right amount of coverage, not too much or too little. No powdery dry down so it stays fresh looking. Some plant extracts, not tons but better than nothing! Easy to blend, pump.

CONS: Color selection sucks. Ecru Beige is somehow darker than MAC Studio Sculpt NC15 that I currently use. I don't understand how that is possible since SS looks peachier/darker before it's blended and LePearl256 on YouTube has very pale skin and it matches her well too! Porcelain looked too pink, but maybe I should have investigated that anyways - ecru beige is not close enough. And there's no SPF. Prone to shine, I don't mind it but warning for others (no glitter or micro fine shimmer though). The pump has a tiny hole and if it ever shoots foundation out because it's clogged, PRAY that it doesn't land on fabric. It permanently stained a shirt like this, and instantly too. Going back to Studio Sculpt, I also got a bit of that on a crisp white shirt yet ALL of it came out and with only a tide stain stick!So Carmindy is not forgiving.

OVERALL: Color is tricky and price is higher than most drugstore foundations, but it has realistic looking coverage. I can overlook the pump by wiping it often, but I am just not the the type of customer for this. I am really looking for something special or different, more than just foundation so I won't buy this again. Too bad we don't have an option to recommend it, because I would recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 3:49:00 AM More reviews by Lindamckeithlam

Omg, best foundation Ive ever used. It doesnt crack on ur skin like revlon colorstay does and it lasts all day. I used to hated having the cracks on my expression lines due to the dryness of the other foundations and with this I have no problem ! (just dont apply too much in that spot)

I have oily/acne prone skin and didn't think this could work for me until I tried it out & it was very good. I used elf complexion perfection to set it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Sibylene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've found my HG foundation. For reference, I am a NC30-35 year round. This foundation has the perfect amount of yellow for my warm skintone. It melts into my skin and gives me this flawless finish that is far from looking fake or overdone. Usually I apply it with my fingers but if I need a bit more coverage I'll use my elf flat top powder brush.

I have very very VERY dry skin due to eczema but this foundation doesn't accentuate any dry patches at all. In fact my skin feels hydrated and smooth all day long! It is a bit pricey for a drugstore foundation but I'm willing to shell out the money for something that works so well for my skin. :D

P.S. I use the shade Sandy Beige.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by auttie26

I must first say that i'm a foundation junkie. With that being said I have tried my fair share of foundation both drug store and higher end. This has got to be one of my top 5 foundations ever! It's long lasting, easy to apply and easy to find.

A few things that I dont like about this foundation are:

-Limited color selection (i'm very fair and I use the porcelain color and its worked well however, if I was a bit tanner than I am now the next shade up is too yellow for me
    - It's difficult to remove at the end of the day. My regular cleanser that I've used for years is not enough for this foundation.
    - It's $12 dollars which to me is a little pricey for drug store foundation. But totally worth the price.

Overall I love this product and I think it is a must buy

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by srarana23

I recently ran out of this and have been looking for it everywhere! I have very fair skin, and it is difficult for me to find a liquid foundation that does not wash me out or make my skin look cakey. The foundation is highly blendable, provides great coverage and is not cakey. I also have acne prone skin and this does not break me out. I love that the bottle has a pump, because it is much more sanitary to use your clean hands than the same sponge everyday which you usually get with most cream or mousse foundations. I cannot recommend this product enough! The smell is not so pleasant, but that is my only problem with this foundation and it is not enough to turn me off of it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by xVanniex

broke me out bad :( everytime i would try to get the cap off, i'd end up unscrewing the whole top. staying power wasn't good and it costs more than colorstay. If u want a drugstore foundation, go for revlon.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

This is probably one of the best drugstore foundations out there. Why? 1. Great color choices. So many ds and he lines cater to the yellow family or don't provide shades for the very fair or dark ladies. This line provides a nice even selection for everyone.
    2. I like that this foundation is suitable for acne prone and senstive skin types. I experienced no ichiness or breakouts from this.
    My shades are: Nude Beige (NW20) for winter and Creamy Beige (NW30) for summer.
    However, I can't use this because a major con with this foundation is the finish. For my skin, I found this to be way too "dewy" and it gave my face a shiny greasy look that powder couldn't even tame. I got the same results with MUFE HD :( Also, this foundation just slip slided away and faded into nothing after noon time and left me naked.
    So, if your are dry and want that real dewy look then this will be good for you. I do still think this is a good foundation, it's just not the right formula for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by electropop3545

Finally a foundation that actually works for my acne prone oily skin! I have ridiculously oily skin and its lasted me all day. One pump is enough for my whole face. It looks matte(like skin) at first but as the day progresses, I get a bit oily but it looks DEWY~ most foundations start to rub off from the oil but the coverage stays with this one. I bought Ecru Beige for $20 at shoppers. The color matches my asian skintone(NC 25). The color is very similar to the infamous BB Creams and gives a slight whitening effect if you're into that kinda stuff. Very blendable. I did not set with powder but I think I'm going to buy the loose powder from this line!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 4:47:00 AM More reviews by Telly90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. I've been using it for 4 months now. The color I have is in Sandy Beige for my NC30 skin. It's creamy and very easy to blend. It gives medium coverage. The satin finish makes my skin glow and look very natural. I like that it comes in a pump bottle. Overall a great product. I will definitely repurchase.

Edit: I have to say that this is definitely a keeper! I'm so glad that I found this little gem. I don't think there's anything else like it in the drugstore. =)