August 21, 2014 | 1737 users online

Eye Shadow - Christian Dior - Iridescent Quint -Petal Shine 809

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2010 9:03:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I just got aware now that i never reviewed this palette before! OMG, must mend it now.
this is one of the first iridescent Quints that Dior issued, and it is truly a gorgeous quint.
The shades are exactly as in the picture above. They are very "iridescent" i.e. pearly.
I like the purple (the darker) for my outer corner and the other mauvey/pinkish ones for upper lid and inner corner. These (a part the darker shade) are not very pigmented so they are perfect for day time; never too obvious, they can be really worn in every occasion. I really love this quint (and I also saw that the makeup artists use this quint a lot on celebrities, even if it was of some seasons ago!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Magdalena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Worth every penny. The shadows are versatile and complement each other well; they're also quite pigmented on me, blendable, sohisticated, perfect. (And *of course* I'm mulling over which quint(s) to get next; they're addictive.)

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2009 6:08:00 PM More reviews by cheeken

Overall, I like the colour, and the quality of this product. It applys really smoothly onto my eyelids, and I don't need a lot for coverage. The color pigmentation is a little light, but the shimmer is very nice. It is not over done, and can be used day to day or for evening outs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2009 9:09:00 AM More reviews by tabloid

I was pleasantly surprised by this palette: it's much more versatile than I expecetd it to be. As other reviewers have noted, the colors are soft, not bright; however, depending on how you use them, you can create a classic, day-time appropriate look or a smoldering, smokey eye.
The quality is wonderful, as I've come to expect from Dior: the colors are very blendable and all go with one another beautifully.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2009 2:23:00 PM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't agree with the reviewers that say that this palette is not pigmented. The shadows are pigmented--the color is soft and sophisticated. If you like alot of bright colors on the lid, then this is not the palette for you. But if you want something more subtle, neutral but interesting, then this palette is for you.

I would recommend this palette for fair skin--I think the colors would complement fair skin the best.

The finish is irridescent--lovely shimmer.

The colors go very well with one another:
pale pink (top right)
light beige (top left)
taupe (bottom left)
muted eggplant purple (bottom right)
warm beige rose (center)

I have alot of brighter colors from Urban Decay and MAC and was looking for something more subtle, classy, elegant that would suit Asian fair skin. This palette fit the bill perfectly. I love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2009 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Klaudia9904

The colors look so beutiful in the pallette but not on me. The pink is not pink on me at all, just white and too shimmery. When i blend dark purple in it, it looks ok but kind of 'dirty' color, not nice purple i expected it to be. And the brown in the middle absolutely doesnt work for me. I find the staying power of these shadows no better then any drugstore eyeshadows. I am acutally really disapointed from this pallette.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2009 12:20:00 AM More reviews by Jeanxi

Perhaps because of the high expectations I had for this product, Petal Shine turned out to be a real let down. The packaging is really wonderful, but the shadows were a lot sheerer than I had thought. (I could've sworn these shadows were more pigmented when I played with them at Sephora. Maybe I was more rough with the testers there or something.) Although this quint is not bad by any means, I just expected better quality for the high price charged. I feel like I could buy the same quality eyeshadow at half the price in other places.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2009 2:59:00 PM More reviews by kbah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this palette! I picked this palette up for the pink colour but I love each one. The eyeshadow itself is one of the highest quality I have come across. In terms of texture, it surpasses the MAC Veluxe Pearl shadows and Smashbox shadows. They looked chalky/powdery compared to Dior. It's also a step above Urban Decay, which IMO is better than MAC's. Blendability is fantastic and easily done. The colours themselves are pretty sheer, but I like that because it makes it wearable and work appropriate. The pearl effect can be pretty intense so you do need to be careful not to overdo it. The packaging is sooooo pretty! It came in a velvet bag! I'ver seen that before... or see the need for it frankly haha and it comes with two sponge applicators in the compact with a very sizeable mirror. This palette can give you a very clean bright look or a smoldering smokey eye, it's very versatile and ALWAYS glamorous. The price is actually really reasonable. You get 6g total for $58CAD so about $12 for one shadow. I will definitely buy other Dior palettes and would repurchase when this runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2009 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Lk21

This is my first eyeshadow palette ever from Dior :) Bought it as a birthday gift. There was a makeup tutorial going on at my Mall, and the lady used this palette on me. I loved the results, it is very wearable, both for daytime and nighttime. I'm not a fan of intense colors for my eyes, so the shimmery colors from this product are amazing. You can do a simple light pink look for the daytime, and intensify it with the middle brown and the dark purple on the bottom right. The great thing about this product is that all the colors work so well with each other, that you can't possibly mess it up!! Looks gorgeous on brown eyes, by the way :)

And I also think it's totally worth the $60 I paid. And I also plan on getting more colors in the future!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2009 5:54:00 PM More reviews by valentina555

love, love. the darker colors are deep enough to achieve a smokey eye with this. beeeautiful. i can create a look using all 5 shades at once and they blend seemlessly. add a strong black liquid liner and you will have stunning cat eyes. consistent compliments when i use this quint.