November 22, 2014 | 1008 users online

Moisturizers - Jurlique - Balancing Day Care Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2010 7:49:00 PM More reviews by luckydumplingg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for 2 weeks now, and I like it very much. It makes my skin glow and keeps my combo skin much more even in terms of dryness and oiliness. However, I'm not sure if I like this packaging since it is very hard to control how much you get out of the tube. The first week I used this, I always used too much or too little.

I think this is a great moisturizer for the summer since it really sinks in and feels like nothing. However, I imagine it may not be enough during the winter seasons.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 9:49:00 PM More reviews by sthom87

As expensieve as this is, I would never change to another moisturiser! Leaves my skin glowing, soft and well moisturised. You need VERY little, so the price isn't so bad. Oh, and you should use the pressing into the skin method of application to get the full effect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 3:19:00 PM More reviews by LittleBear23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is good face cream for me for winter. I have sensitive/combo skin which feels much more dry and sensitive in the winter. I can normally expect some sort of horrible, red, excema/dermatitis thing each winter due to the weather and my normal products stripping my skin, but this winter it hasn't happened and I'm pretty sure it's due to this face cream. I have found that Jurlique products don't seem to irritate my skin at all. In truth this cream is a tiny bit heavier than I need but not so much that it causes any problems. I don't have any extra acne or clogging. It's just that I have a bit more shine that I would like. It doesn't actually feel heavy on my skin at all. It feels like it's completely absorbed but when I look in the mirror I look shinier. Ok, I can live with that. That's what blotting papers are for! I will switch back to the Jurlique clarifying lotion in the spring but for now this stuff is magic. Highly recommended for sensitive skin that acts up in the winter.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2010 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Meaghan86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful natural fragrance and ingredients. However, I can't use this product everyday as it feels too thick on my skin and I sweat alot following application. I live in a humid climate and this cream is too heavy for me. Also, when I first bought the product I used it everyday and it seemed to cause me to break out. It does not absorb quickly and thus isn't ideal for use prior to makeup application. It may be more ideal for mature skin or dry skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2010 12:17:00 AM More reviews by DDmonkey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I quit using Jurlique skin care after only 3 days. It just didn't work for me. I wanted to love this BUT this product combined with the herbal recovery gel & rose spritz made my skin break out in tiny little hard bumps, get red, It completely stripped my skin, and took away the usual nice healthy glow i have. It is one of the WORST products I have ever tried and I've tried almost all of them. And it made my other wise perfect makeup slip off my face, pile up, and get all shiny and gross. UGH! Plus, it is soooo freaking expensive and it sucks! NOT worth the cost. Total dud for me and I am really disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2009 2:50:00 PM More reviews by cc_terceira

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this product. While it makes my skin glow beautifully, it does clog my skin. I have dehydrated/combo skin so I am surprised that this product did not work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2009 6:07:00 PM More reviews by chickeboom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

So, I am back to Jurlique products again as my conscience gets the better of me against products that contain animal by-products and manufactured by unethical companies! I've been using Jurlique for 2 years before I switched to other brands as I am the kind that get easily bored with the same brand over a period of time and am curious to try new routines.

I still like the relaxing fragrance of Jurlique products. For this cream, I have long forgotten it when I received it as a sample from the SA. I thought that as a cream, it would be too thick and too rich for my skin. I was totally wrong!

If applied correctly(warmed the cream in your hands and gently pressed on your face), this cream feels fantastic.
I''ve recently gained a lot of confidence to go out of the house without any makeup as my skin has started to show a good improvement.

Unfortunately, this cream does not have an SPF in it. But that makes it special and of perfect consistency.....I'm contemplating between continuing with this or to get the Age-Defying Cream with SPF 15...again out of curiosity...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2009 9:02:00 AM More reviews by SkekTek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This winter my skin has become really dry and I suspect it's has a damaged lipid barrier. I have tried so many creams (Lancome Hydra Zen, Clinique DDML, Moogoo, A'kin) and this is the only one that actually imparts a moisturising barrier, plumps my skin, and leaves it dewy for most of the day. It also hasn't irritated my sensitive skin but I will finish my sample before I make a decision about whether to repurchase just to make sure. After cleansing and applying my skinceuticals phyto+ I take a small amount (2 peas worth) and rub it in my hands to warm, then press/gently massage into my skin. It feels oily for about 15 mins then sinks in, but I quite like the oily feeling because I know it's moisturising my skin really well. I took a lippie off for the scent as I am not keen on "herb-y" fragrances.
EDIT: I stopped using this as my skin changed from dry to normal-oily. I still believe it's an excellent moisturiser but I will not be purchasing any more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2009 1:20:00 AM More reviews by roselovesmakeup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yes! I hope to repurchase this pruduct! I really love it! the very first time I applied it in the store, it left my skin so plump and soft, supple and feeling good! I hope this will continue, its new to Sephora, which is where I purchased it.Lately I have been on the hunt for a great HG moisturizer, I am hoping this is where it will end.Update soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2009 6:23:00 PM More reviews by 245am

i like to think i currently have pretty balanced skin, due to taking extremely good care of my skin over the years. that being said, i'm sure i more or less fall into the combo skin, sometimes it gets slightly more oily in the summer (only if i sweat, ew) but not super dry in the winter. the balancing day care cream is great as a moisturizer and just leaves my skin looking soft, glowy, and just smooth all over.

i like to use this at night generally because i use something with a spf in the morning. however, i have tried mixing this with my caudalie tinted moisturizer in the daytime when i knew i wasn't going to be in the sun that much, and the two mixed great! it's not super heavy but i'd probably opt for something lighter in the summer if i were to use it in the daytime. i have the larger tube and though the price might seem a bit scary, i think it's a good investment because it's gonna last me a pretty long time.