July 26, 2014 | 1115 users online

Hair Treatments - Moroccanoil - Morrocan Oil Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by sezasunshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm on bottle number 3 or 4, so suffice to say I feel more than blasé about this product. This is my HG. It's my hair food. It's amazing.

You must be careful if you have light hair - MO do an oil for blondes called MO Light, but as a "caramel 'ed" (as the other half says) I've never had the pleasure.

This product doesn't just temporarily make your hair nicer like a serum, it truly improves the hair condition.

Use it extremely sparingly on dry hair, and a single point on damp hair (not wet... just dilutes and slips off).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by harrisonfjord

I purchased this in the "light" version because my hair is fine and naturally blonde. I can't say enough about how much I love this product. I only need a small amount and it smoothes my split ends, cuts down on my blow drying time and cuts out frizziness/dryness. I live in FL and with such high humidity my hair tends to get frizzy very easily. This product works wonders. The only thing I don't like is that it is easy to apply too much and the bottle is not travel friendly because the pump leaks. It is a bit pricey, but it lasts a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 1:09:00 AM More reviews by amandarud08

I love this product. I had a pixie cut back in Feb 2013 after damaging my black hair to platinum blonde. This stuff is amazing. I wish it was a pump instead of just an open cap. It leaks easy but other than that I love this!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by JuliaSYarwood

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hate using silicone based products, but I do use this just because it works so well. I never put it on wet hair, I just use a little bit to smooth my hair as a final styling effort before I walk out the door and for this it works well at keeping my hair sleek all day. Only things I don't like are that the smell could be a bit gentler and I think its very expensive. Oh and don't buy the 25ml for travelling - both of the ones I bought leaked ;(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by charchar5

HG hair product! Love the smell and makes my hair sooooo soft. Price is high but I think it's worth it. Try out the smaller bottle before investing in the larger size. Doesn't leave my hair greasy or oily and is very light.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by TheresaDiMoan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This smells heavenly and really helps with keeping the hair frizz-free and looking smooth and shiny. My only concerns are that it's full of silicones and overpriced; and also tends to make my skulp extra oil. Anyone else had this problem?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2013 4:46:00 AM More reviews by pickles945

I really do adore this hair oil because it means I can continue to get away with not conditioning my hair (bar twice a month deep-conditioning treatment).

The other benefit of using this is that it makes my hair (black, thin strands but lots of it, naturally neither straight nor wavy... (does my head in!)) nice and wavey! There's a method to this: towel dry hair, DO NOT COMB, scrunch two pumps of moroccanoil into the bottom two-thirds of my hair and leave to air dry. Works every time.

Just one con - the packaging! It leaks so if you're going to take this to the gym with you make sure you get either the travel version, or decant it into a bottle that is at least half-decent in it's promise to not leak when slightly off-kilter.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by merryr

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I am 58 years old and my natural hair is white on the top and sides and gray in the back. I have colored my hair medium blonde and I love it (Age Beautiful permanent hair color). However I was using dark Moroccanoil the whole time (every time I shampooed my hair, for 3 months) not realizing that it was the oil that was turning my hair an unnatural brassy yellow color, which became MUCH worse when I spent some time in the sun. I used the oil on my virgin non-porous white hair and it was fine, but on the porous colored hair it was weird. My friends asked me what color my hair was supposed to be. Not the mark of a great color job! Finally after doing a little research online, I discovered that oil (any oil) not only strips hair color, but the dark Moroccanoil will turn blonde hair brassy yellow. I have not tried the light Moroccanoil, but I don't think I will after this fiasco.

I shampooed my hair with a color safe shampoo to get the oil out and then shampooed again with Blue Malva (purple shampoo) and left it on a few minutes (under 5) (to neutralize the yellow) and my hair looks like a more normal medium blonde, not yellow.

Ok, the next day my hair still looked a little brassy, so I shampooed with Pureology Hydrate shampoo. This shampoo is a medium lavender color to be used like Blue Malva to neutralize brass, but not as strong as Blue Malva. (You can also mix Blue Malva with a color safe shampoo to lessen the strength) I then used the companion conditioner in Pureology Hydrate (which is white, NOT purple) and left it in about 20 minutes. I then rinsed my hair and blew it dry and it looked much better, not completely normal but normal enough.

A couple days later I recolored my hair using Age Beautiful permanent on roots and demi on shaft and ends AFTER washing my hair with a clarifying shampoo (Suave), NO conditioner (I let my hair air dry before coloring). Color looks great. Will report how it fairs over the coming weeks.

I believe that the Moroccanoil built up and stained my hair so I needed to get as much out as I could before recoloring.

Update: Moroccanoil is almost pure silicone, which coats the hair and sulfate free shampoo supposedly does not remove the silicone because the silicone is not water soluble. Heat locks the silicone into your hair making it hard to remove. Could contribute to early fading of color because the color isn't able to penetrate through the silicone.
It is better to look for products with water-soluble silicone or silicone free.

UPDATE: There is a product that I wish I had known about at the time when the above was happening. It is Neutral Protein Filler (Sally's Beauty Supply). It is a clear, colorless liquid. Follow the instructions on the bottle for pre-color treatment. I used a spray applicator bottle for ease of application and combed it through my hair. Put it on the previously colored hair not the uncolored root. It fills in porous, over worked hair with protein. My color comes out even and my hair is very shiny and soft. I did use a hydrating shampoo and a deep conditioner after coloring my hair. I will use this again when I do a root touch up or an all over color. I color my hair once a month. This product is good for all hair types.

I gave the oil 1 lippie because it was moisturizing, but has been a pain for me to get my color corrected. It would probably work on virgin hair very well, but there is still the problem of build up.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Nikkinoona09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is totally worth the money. I do not do my hair unless I have this to hand. Best results on wet hair/ towel dried I use about 3-4 pumps then blow dry. Don't worry It will soak in and the heat from the hairdryer will open cuticles so the product can soak in deeper giving you a better finished result. Will make hair smoother shinier and stronger. I'm a professional hairdresser and use plenty of oil treatments and this is one of the best and I travel with it always and so do my clients. Hope this helps

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by sweetfreckels

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent for my Keratin treated hair, it makes it last longer