August 30, 2014 | 1907 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Pressed powder

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 2:08:00 AM More reviews by heinebaby

i bought this powder foundation cause i am on a cheap bit due to money. and i must say that this product does its job. i bought in medium because i am on the fair side since ive been out of the sun but this product still matches my skin very well. doesnt break me out nor does clog my pores. it does what it says it does and then some! i think i am becoming a Revlon kinda girl hehe. this with the color stay liq foundation for combo/oily skin is a match made in heaven for me! will be more than happy to purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Octobercutie888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love my Revlon Colorstay products so much! This powder mattes well with the foundation. It doesn't go on to thick for a powder or break me out and i have acne prone skin. It would be so cute if they did Pink and other colors for the containers :) Keep the Colorstay products coming Revlon!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Walko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good quality powder which I've purchased a few times. Finely milled, dosen't cake and controls the oillies as well as any. Good colour choice , I have it in light\medium. The only downside is that it dosen't have spf, but you should never use powder as your only source of spf anyway, so it's ok.Nice packaging too.It's also fragrance free.The sixteen hour claim is nonsense, but who even has make up on that long.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by ladysupermarket

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this powder to help my Colorstay foundation set, in light, as I use Ivory on foundation. I thought being the same brand and line it would be good but it hasnt been. The powder seems too light for my skin and it gets cakey really fast. My T zone is shiny a couple of hours after I applied this. I gave it to my sister and she loved it. Guess its not for everyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by linh989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

To put it simply, this product sucks. I got oily after an hour and it cakes up. It really does nothing for shine and no coverage either. Not wanting to waste, I used it til I hit pan and then gave up on it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by playmate420

After using this for a while I noticed the finishing powder did nothing that any ordinary finishing powder did, it just matched my foundation type.
Its not worth the about $10 you spend on it when you could be buying cheaper ones that do the same maybe better!

Packaging is poor Ive dropped one and it completely shattered, the tops are very loose.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2012 1:19:00 AM More reviews by Sta1cee

I'm searching for a good powder and decided to try this one out after reading good reviews on a different site.
Mine doesn't come with Softflex. In fact, I don't think any of the stores I've been to carry this powder with Softflex. So perhaps that's the problem.
Now...the review...
This powder is average as many have stated before. I do like that "Light" matches my NW15 skintone. Many powders are too yellow for me but this one is unnoticeable. I apply it with a kabuki brush and then pat it on my T-zone. It doesn't appear to be cakey whatsoever.
I noticed that the package says this stays on for 16-hours. I think they meant to say 1.6 hours because it almost reached the 2-hour mark...but not quite. I might as well have not been wearing powder. My face looked just as oily without it.
Another thing is that the package says "Talc-free" but the first listed ingredient is...wait for it...talc.
Overall, I feel like Revlon blew it with this one. I don't even think they tried to put out a good product and simply made half-hearted fallacious claims. So...
PROS
~Good for light skin
~Not cakey
CONS
~Fake claims
~Doesn't control oil
~Needs to be reapplied constantly

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2012 2:33:00 PM More reviews by misterashley

To me, there was nothing really special about this product. It is just an average powder. Nothing too special. I didn't like the fact is dosen't set well with oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2012 5:12:00 AM More reviews by Roseycheeks2012

I used this with the ColorStay foundation and together they make my skin look flawless. I applied it with a kabuki brush which helped it to look more natural. I'm very happy with this product and highly recommend it!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2012 12:35:00 PM More reviews by magicpeach10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm not a huge fan of powders, and this is nothing to write home about. I can't speak for oil control because that's not a problem for me. It stops my makeup from transferring, but makes everything cakey