Revlon ColorStay Pressed powder

3.2

Talc, Dimethicone, Silica, Nylon 12, Polymethylmethacrylate, Zinc Stearate, Perfluorononyl Octyldodecyl Glycol Meadowfoamate, Polyethylene, Trimethysiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lecithin, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (silk soie), Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lauroyl Lysine, Alumina, Dimethiconol, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Mica (CI77019), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Bismuth Oxychloride

on 12/13/2013 3:33:00 AM

Gives zero coverage and makes me look all chalky and pale

on 12/2/2013 9:52:00 PM

I like to use products in the same line so when I started using Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation I decided to try this powder. I was not impressed by it. Alone it provides a very light decent coverage but when paired with foundation it looks very cakey and unnatural. I switched to a translucent powder and prefer that over this. If you're looking for a good setting powder with color try Maybelline Dream Matte.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Revlon Colorstay Pressed Powder is a mixed bag for me. On the one hand, it is super light weight, very reasonably priced, looks great when first applied and doesn't break me out at all. On the other, it definitely doesn't last longer than about 2-3 hours max and doesn't stop my combo skin from looking like an oil slick after just a few hours.

Revlon's Colorstay oily-combo foundation is my holy grail foundation. I love it and I will probably use it forever, no matter how good my skin looks underneath (and my skin has improved since using it). So I gave this powder a try in hopes that it would be of similar quality...but it isn't. I simply don't have time to reapply my powder (and then blush/bronzer) several times a day.

I would recommend this product for skin on the normal/dry side. It is light and non-irritating, so it should work better for you. Be careful when selecting your color, though...they run on the lighter side and the selection is very limited. I'm a C4 in MAC and the light medium was a tad bit too light, but the medium made me look too pasty, so I stuck with the lighter shade.

on 9/21/2013 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I am an NC42, and I chose medium-deep which was the darkest color on the display. So far I'm impressed. The color match is just about perfect, and it provides the matte finish I require. Doesn't have a scent, and it's reasonably priced. I got this at CVS for $2 after the Revlon coupon and the ECB reward.

on 9/21/2013 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

on 9/12/2013 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I bought this pressed powder about 3 months ago in light/medium and my first impression that gave me great coverage and the color is perfect it doesnt look to dark or bright on me,sometimes its really hard to find the right color..it also made my pores look small,Ive also notice that this product doesn't break me out and that's one of the things I like the most about this Pressed Powder,also since i have kinda oily skin this product really works well on me and makes my face look not so shinny.:D its sad how this product has low rating thoe..:I

on 8/28/2013 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have this product in the newest packaging from CVS. It's a good product...I was surprised by all the low ratings. With sales and coupons, it cost me around $6. Retail is $9.99 USD. The light/medium shade even gave me some coverage and made my pores look smaller. The color did not oxidize throughout the day either. I have oily skin, and this powder worked well with my other concealers and liquid foundations.

on 8/23/2013 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

The first time I tried this powder, it broke me out just a little bit but when I decided to try it again, I broke out even more that time. I wanted this to be a good product that I would enjoy, but I was sadly overestimating the product.

on 8/9/2013 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Duration- I have been using this product off an on for 6 months about.

Price- About $9 at Target. A little steep.

Packaging- It looks nice a sleek. I just hate how it has a separate compartment for the puff. It wastes space because I always throw away the puff due to sanitary reasons.

Use- Applied over concealer or just bare skin.

Finish- I love how this powder has a satin texture, not powdery when applied correctly. I can't stand powders with sparkle. So thankfully this is sparkle free.

Coverage- This product actually blurs my redness.

Oil Control- Definitely keeps my teenage skin shine free and under control.

Staying Power- Good! Lasts me throughout the day if I remember not to put my hands on my face.

Conclusion- This is my favorite powder. It has such a high end consistency. Love!

on 6/18/2013 12:01:00 PM

it probably can last you for 2-months if you use it on a daily basis.
i have oily skin and this powder fails to keep mine oil-free for 2 hours.
(ive yet to find a powder that helps my face from being oily for long hours)
i think it also went through a package facelift because packaging is different from the picture here.

what i like though is that it helps even out the colour of my skin.
i use this on top of revlon's bb cream. gives you medium coverage if you use both.
colour stays for at least 6-7 hours. (when it's oily, i use a tissue to dab my face.)

would recommend this to anyone who wants an affordable pressed powder.