November 28, 2014 | 1965 users online

Lotions/ Creams - L'Occitane - 100% Pure Shea Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 5:02:00 AM More reviews by Carmina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best product I've ever used for my lips! Since I bought it, my lips are never cracked and the soft feeling lasts many hours! I also use it when I go to bed. It's the best I ever had!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 1:53:00 AM More reviews by MrsDevall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This product has literally changed my life. I can't believe I lived without it for so long! I have horribly dry elbows year round; cracking and bleeding were pretty common occurances. I tried the shea butter on my elbows in the store and immediately there was a major difference. My elbows didn't even need lotion for about three days afterwards. I finally got my own during the Sephora sale and can now definitely say THIS WORKS. My elbows are soft and have stayed soft. I've also been using this on my severely chapped lips. I usually put it on right before bed and by morning my lips are smooth and soft. I was surprised that it sticks as well as it does to the lips, it doesn't rub or melt off easily. I've had it on for a few hours already and it still feels like I just put it on.

The best thing about this is that it isn't greasy at all. It rubs into the skin completely and after a few minutes you can't even feel it. I'll definitely be buying this again, and again, and again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by ana7mac

Not impressed with this product. I used it as a lip balm, and it didn't provide that much moisture. Besides, it gets too solid during winter time, making it difficult to apply. It also has a short shelf life. The packaging is very cute though, and reasonably useful. All in all, I would not buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 3:11:00 AM More reviews by luxybon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love it and recommend it to any and everyone. You can't go wrong with this product. It's the best shea butter product I have ever used.

I carry the small tin in my purse and use it on my lips, cuticles, and any dry skin I may have on my face one day. It's only $10 and lasts me around a month if not more, so it is very affordable.

It isn't super thick or greasy like most pure shea butter products. It's also fragrance free, so it doesn't smell bad like unrefined pure shea butter. I particularly love to put it on my lips and nail beds at night.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2011 3:37:00 PM More reviews by hollythecrocodile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like L'Occitane products and got this thinking it would be great for my dry skin but I was disappointed. It left a dirty feeling film on my skin and didnt seem to sink in or do anything at all, even on my lips.
The price is ridiculous too, even if this was a good product you can still buy very good quality shea butter for a lot less.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by flauros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This little tin is awesome. Although the lid comes off too easily, I find that this product has a million uses. I use this on my lips at night for super hydration, as well as my awful and dry cuticles. It has totally turned them around so fast. This product is so small and perfect for my purse, I put it on anywhere. I've now gotten my boyfriend addicted as well for his poor cuticles and no complaints yet!

Do wish the packaging was better.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2011 1:33:00 PM More reviews by godpsent

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I tried this shea butter before I realized you can buy raw shea butter for a much better price.

But, anyway...

I guess this is pricier because it is very refined to make it smooth instead of grainy and very white compared to more unrefined versions. It also lacks the smoky fragrance you sometimes get with more unrefined versions.

The refined quality of this makes me think that it probably lacks many of the antioxidant properties you get with more raw butter. But I don't have a science lab so I can't prove it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

the itty bitty one is AWESOME! you can put this on ANYTHING and it will give you moisture... cuticle, elbows, lips, under eye, dry patches... and its so small and lasts so long - this will save you space in your purse and $ from having to buy 50 different products.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2011 5:09:00 AM More reviews by xillam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My skin is fair, very dry and very sensitive and Iove this product! I live in Scandinavia and the climate is terrible - cold and windy :-( this butter works magic for me - when my skin is super dry and sore i put it on my face over the serum for over a night - next morning - smooth and even :-)
also use it as a hand cream and lip treatments over the night.

The package will last for a looong time - i bought mine 6 mnths ago and still more than a half of it left and i use it almost every day. You don't need much of it, just a bit - I use like a cherry size, warm it up in my hands, so that it melts - and pres slightly into my face, neck and the leftovers smooth over my hands. I even put it over some little scratches (not to the open wound!!)

the smell: i love it, to me it smells healthy :-P

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2011 6:58:00 PM More reviews by LatinEarthAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh my Goodness, this so uber moisturizing and does not have any scent added. I payed about $39 for a tin that has a screw on lid. I use this on my hands, feet and body. Great for spots that need extra moisture. I also have a 1 oz. tin in the Honey Orange scent for my purse (this scent is limited edition but a must have) love carrying this around for my cuticles. Will keep buying this, so worth the money!