L'Occitane 100% Pure Shea Butter

3.9

Shea Butter

on 2/16/2012 4:32:00 PM

This is a must have for anyone struggling with extremely dry lips or any dry areas on your face or body. I repurchased this product so many times because it is so pure and works really well. I also use this to soften my messy eyebrows or dry ends, but there are much more ways how you can use this product. As a former sale assistant at L'Occitane store I can also recommend this product to people with eczema and allergies, of course it won't cure your allergy, but it can help reduce the symptoms.

on 1/8/2012 6:50:00 PM

Bought this as part of a set years ago and didn't like it because it was so hard and couldn't get enough product on my lips so I gave up on it...So recently I'd been having terribly dry winter lips and Carmex and Vaseline did nothing so I thought I'd give it another go. This time, I warmed the tin by putting it in my pocket or rubbing it in my hands. It was so worth it! My lips feel transformed, no more horrible flakiness. They feel smooth and soft again! I disagree with the other reviews that said this has a short shelf life. I have had mine for years and it is fine. The product really works but if you're in a cold climate you need to warm it up first. A must have winter product! Would buy again if I ever ran out. My HG lipbalm.

on 1/4/2012 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I was really disappointed in this. I didn't find it moisturising at all. Will be sticking to vaseline in future.

on 12/20/2011 5:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is the best product I've ever used for my lips! Since I bought it, my lips are never cracked and the soft feeling lasts many hours! I also use it when I go to bed. It's the best I ever had!!!

on 11/7/2011 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This product has literally changed my life. I can't believe I lived without it for so long! I have horribly dry elbows year round; cracking and bleeding were pretty common occurances. I tried the shea butter on my elbows in the store and immediately there was a major difference. My elbows didn't even need lotion for about three days afterwards. I finally got my own during the Sephora sale and can now definitely say THIS WORKS. My elbows are soft and have stayed soft. I've also been using this on my severely chapped lips. I usually put it on right before bed and by morning my lips are smooth and soft. I was surprised that it sticks as well as it does to the lips, it doesn't rub or melt off easily. I've had it on for a few hours already and it still feels like I just put it on.

The best thing about this is that it isn't greasy at all. It rubs into the skin completely and after a few minutes you can't even feel it. I'll definitely be buying this again, and again, and again.

on 11/2/2011 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Not impressed with this product. I used it as a lip balm, and it didn't provide that much moisture. Besides, it gets too solid during winter time, making it difficult to apply. It also has a short shelf life. The packaging is very cute though, and reasonably useful. All in all, I would not buy this again.

on 10/25/2011 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love it and recommend it to any and everyone. You can't go wrong with this product. It's the best shea butter product I have ever used.

I carry the small tin in my purse and use it on my lips, cuticles, and any dry skin I may have on my face one day. It's only $10 and lasts me around a month if not more, so it is very affordable.

It isn't super thick or greasy like most pure shea butter products. It's also fragrance free, so it doesn't smell bad like unrefined pure shea butter. I particularly love to put it on my lips and nail beds at night.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I really like L'Occitane products and got this thinking it would be great for my dry skin but I was disappointed. It left a dirty feeling film on my skin and didnt seem to sink in or do anything at all, even on my lips.
The price is ridiculous too, even if this was a good product you can still buy very good quality shea butter for a lot less.

on 5/28/2011 9:27:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This little tin is awesome. Although the lid comes off too easily, I find that this product has a million uses. I use this on my lips at night for super hydration, as well as my awful and dry cuticles. It has totally turned them around so fast. This product is so small and perfect for my purse, I put it on anywhere. I've now gotten my boyfriend addicted as well for his poor cuticles and no complaints yet!

Do wish the packaging was better.

on 5/3/2011 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I tried this shea butter before I realized you can buy raw shea butter for a much better price.

But, anyway...

I guess this is pricier because it is very refined to make it smooth instead of grainy and very white compared to more unrefined versions. It also lacks the smoky fragrance you sometimes get with more unrefined versions.

The refined quality of this makes me think that it probably lacks many of the antioxidant properties you get with more raw butter. But I don't have a science lab so I can't prove it.