November 26, 2014 | 1837 users online

Shampoo - Organix - Tea Tree Mint Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by jumbojuice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Huh.
I use an assortment of shampoos and conditioners and my hair is usually shiny but I noticed that my scalp (which is oily and greasy) was/is getting really really dry. After reading the reviews here my guess that is it probably from this shampoo. That's really too bad because I love the smell and I now have a huge bottle of it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by loululu

I bought this product because I was having hair troubles (my hair was greasy right after I washed it) and I read somewhere that tea tree oil is great for helping the scalp with those kind of problems. So, while I wasn't expecting much, I certainly did NOT expect my hair to turn out so gross. It was even dirtier than before! Honestly, my hair felt wet, as if I drowned my hair in shampoo even though I put just a dime. I was really disapointed and disgusted.
I will give it credit for it's smell, because it was enjoyable.
I returned this product the next day. You should give it a try if you like organix and tea tree oil, but this shampoo simply didn't work for my hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2012 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Mars10

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Because my hair is dry and chemically processed, this shampoo was not a good match. It works more like a clarifying shampoo and left my hair dry and brittle. Judging by the reviews, it seems this shampoo might work better for oily hair.

The good news is that my 6 year old loves the scent and uses it as body wash.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2012 11:08:00 AM More reviews by LemonSun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ugh this is the worst shampoo I've ever used. The scent is nauseating and it blobs out of the bottle like super cheap shampoo. In no way is this hydrating either! It left my hair feeling super coarse and brittle. Into the trash it goes!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I moved on from this to the Coconut Milk Shampoo in the Organix line, as I think this is either discontinued now in Australia or they've stopped stocking it as it wasn't that popular. I did use this for a fair while though and retailing at only $6 it was a huge steal!
First off, it smells exactly like mint chocolate. But unfortunately the scent doesn't linger and immediately disappears when you come out of the shower. I have very oily hair and I have to wash my hair daily or use a crap load of dry shampoo. This definitely dries out the hair somewhat, so if you were looking for something hydrating I would recommend the Cherry Blossom version, which made my hair oily within the same day as washing it. Since the Tea-Tree Mint shampoo was drying it actually did wonders for my oily hair! Tea Tree Oil is supposed to be really good for oily hair which is what made me buy it in the first place. I love the Organix line as they're Sulfate free but definitely advise using a clarifying shampoo to remove build-up, thats what sulfate is good for. Recommend this to anyone who can get their hands on it and is suffering from oily hair

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2012 9:37:00 PM More reviews by pigz4life

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is definitely my favorite shampoo that I have ever gotten. I love the smell of it so much. When you put it in your hair, it feels so refreshing, it also makes my naturally wavy hair more wavy. My hair has definitely improved because of ow hydrating it is. And it also really cleans my hair! It's rare for me to find a shampoo that makes my hair soft and cleans! I'm so happy I found this shampoo, and my brother uses it too!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by keyera09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First off my hair was suer dry. I am in the process of going natural and I wanted something would hydrate my hair. I am a fan of buying expensive hair products in belief that they will work better. This was not always the case. I had heard some good things about organix and it was super cheap so i.decided to purchase. I used the product with garnier triple nutrition conditioner and the sleek and shine serum. It worked fabulous,together my hair did not feel dry after,washingbit and with the triple nutrition conditioner my hair was hydrated shiny and smooth. My hair stayed this,way for about a,week which is good enough for me. I have used the product two more times sonce then and I have no complaints. I will probably try another organix shampoo and compare the two but overall this a good product !

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by paigerwaiger94

I bought this shampoo looking for a tingling shampoo. It doesn't tingle. It doesn't make my soft, or shiny. It actually dried my hair out. Since I have oily hair, that isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it wasn't what I was expecting, since the product says "moisturizing" in the title. It smells good, but the scent doesn't last long at all. After I get out of the shower, the smell is all but gone.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2012 11:23:00 AM More reviews by cuonbroadway

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Used this on my fine, straight, medium-thickness hair. It turned out to be entirely too drying for my hair. I used it with the matching conditioner and my hair was always dry and knotted after washing, which was never the case before. I love other lines by Organix, but I am not a fan of the Tea Tree Mint line at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2012 1:24:00 AM More reviews by helmbrittany

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have long relaxed hair & this is perfect for use as a clarifying shampoo. It doesn't strip your hair, I love the chocolate mint smell, & it tingles slightly. Peppermint & tea tree are great for your scalp. I use a lot of products, so other sulfate free shampoos would leave a buildup on my hair & scalp & make it tangled. This is perfect & I'm glad that I've found a shampoo that cleans while leaving natural oils in my hair & scalp. My relaxed hair needs all the moisture it can get. I always follow every wash with a deep conditioning treatment. My hair always feels so moisturized.