April 18, 2014 | 1352 users online

Gels/Soaps - L'Occitane - 20% Shea Butter Soap

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2007 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Jupee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One of the greatest disappointments in my product experience. I bought the tiny soap in Milk for my hands. It smelled great, nice and subtle and didn't dry. So I went to buy the big $8 bar for body. Oyoyoy. Never again. I was going all L'occitane crazy, now I'm cured. This stuff dried out my skin to no end. It used up quickly, especially for a soap. I thought it was in my head, no the soap was stripping my skin. I was the middle of winter, that's still no excuse. I was shocked, yes and dismayed. I will never rebuy, and my esteem for L'Occitane is considerably lower.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2007 11:16:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I expected more of a moisturizing effect from this soap due to the added extra shea butter. This left my skin feeling squeaky clean and dry. I rewashed with my favorite bath gel to remove the sensation. I guess I am too used to soap-free cleansers to use this. Has nice mild scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2007 11:03:00 AM More reviews by AnnKB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lovely rich creamy soap, mild natural smell (depending on which one you get). I find this very cleansing and moisturising and use it on my face without problems. I have quite sensitive, oily skin and some cleansers were drying it out too much and making it worse. I bought the 100g bar which has lasted me for ages which is good as its quite expensive.I will definitely keep repurchasing the shea soaps. (so far I like the milk one best.)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2007 8:59:00 PM More reviews by ironwoman01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love these soaps. They are very moisturizing and smell pleasant. I got these as a gift in scents milk, lavendar, verbana, and sweet lemon. Probably the best soaps I have ever used. I always moisturize when I get out of the shower, so I don't know how moisturizing they are by themselves. I definitely recommend these soaps.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2007 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Belle18244

I love this soap!! I used to have really dry hands and my knuckles were red and cracked. This was the only product that cleared it up and when I stop using it for a while I notice that hands get dry again. I will definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2006 4:40:00 PM More reviews by azukigirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My husband and I came across this soap at a very nice hotel. I stepped out of the bath and my husband asked me: Did you try the soap? Did you use the shampoo? Don't you love them? And truth be told, we never got excited over hotel soaps. Too bad we didn't see the maid with her cart...

We hardly use soap, only bath gels, but this has gotten me back to rubbing myself with a good old bar!

Very creamy, soft and moisturizing. High quality product. I've been getting them as gifts.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2006 6:19:00 PM More reviews by cmhwi

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My husband and I LOVE these soaps. We routinely purchase the Milk, Verbena and Clementine. In wintertime I also like to use their Honey soaps. The shea butter soaps last quite a while considering how creamy they are. Our skin never feels dried out after use. My husband grew up in a household that used Zest then I explained why he was getting dry skin. Most people don't know that tallowate is in cheap drugstore soaps and tallowate is animal fat that was not suitable to use in food products, yuk! Who wants to be rubbing animal fat on their skin? No wonder there is slime and buildup on showers. He's converted 100% to L'Occitane now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2006 5:53:00 PM More reviews by staci23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

L'occitane soaps are definitely my favorites. I've tried them all, my favorites are the milk bar soap and the square shaped bonne mere soaps in lavender, honeysuckle, & verbena. All of their soaps are very high quality and so different from your average soap. You really do get what you pay for here. My favorite thing about l'occitane soaps is the lather. It's a dense creamy lather with small bubbles. It's so luxurious and the way soap should be. I don't find the product to be drying to my skin at all and the whole process of lathering up with these bars is an experience in itself. The scents are all so gorgeous and natural, yet subtle and refined. I absolutely love them and always go back to them. If you can catch them on sale, it's even better.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2005 3:04:00 AM More reviews by TOSIN

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this soap at all!! I found it very drying, it left me so squeaky clean that when I rubbed my skin with my hands after showering, it didn't glide across it, rather it kept ceasing because my skin was so dry, no moisture whatsoever!! Maybe because I live in a hard water area, but with the shea butter in the soap I expected more moisture. Also it made my bath tub really dirty, really quickly!! I'd rather stick to my dove or l'occitane shower gels which are far more moisturising.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2005 7:20:00 AM More reviews by salvation_beauty

I had it in Vanilla and am going to try Milk soon =). I love the texture so much! My skin feels really soft and clean and nourished. I have oily skin for the record. My roommate has dry skin and she loves the soap so much too. The only downside about it is, after using it for a while, the bar tends to be quite.. sloppy.
It lasted about 2 months, for me.