October 22, 2014 | 1822 users online

Gels/Soaps - L'Occitane - 20% Shea Butter Soap

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2008 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Wonder78

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I got a small 20% shea butter soap extra gentle milk soap from L'occitane's shea butter kit. It lasted a long time, which is great considering the price. I don't have special feeling for this soap. But it is definetly better than drug store's. Drug store brand are wither too drying or too moisurizing( feel unclean like Dove's). This one is just in between. I guess I cannot ask bar soap to performe a miracle, and I don't like the unclean feel from most shower cream. Overall,I like it. I don't know if I will buy one again soon. I might get it in different scent or explore the area of shower gel and cream. The milk one I got have little to none scent.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2008 6:58:00 PM More reviews by ahhiitsalex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Felt moisturized, but didn't feel clean. Which kind of defeats the purpose of soap...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2007 1:27:00 AM More reviews by boogiedisease

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been a faithful Dove user for years, as it doesn't dry out my skin, nor leave nasty soap scum about the tub, sink, on my nails... don't you hate that?
I actually first tried this when I stayed at a posh hotel where they stocked this in the rooms. On purpose, I called the front desk for additional bars of soap as I was all, "Ooooh! L'Occitane!" (love all the products from them I tried). I planned on hoarding them. They were very generous with what they gave me, and lucky for me, I really liked the stuff!
I've tried a lot of these high-end soaps only to find them to be quite drying. Not to mention, most soap seems to leave this annoying white scum on my red fingernails upon exiting the shower.
The smell is mild; it reminds me of SOMETHING (maybe their shea hand cream?) but I like it.
Best part? It moisturises my skin BETTER than Dove and I don't have a tight, parched feeling before applying moisturiser (which I do sometimes get with Dove). I have hard water where I live (with a ton of chlorine in it to boot), so this stuff is a godsend! I'll gladly pay the cost for this!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2007 4:22:00 AM More reviews by kahaluumauka4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this large economy size bath bar shea milk soap, it lathers well, cleans gently doesnt dry my skin, left me feeling clean, soft, and smelling like shea butter bath soap, I highly recommend this bath soap for family useages. Plus I have sensitive skin, and this didnt irritate my body, EXCELLENT PRODUCT for the price!! I definitley will repurchase!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2007 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Jupee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One of the greatest disappointments in my product experience. I bought the tiny soap in Milk for my hands. It smelled great, nice and subtle and didn't dry. So I went to buy the big $8 bar for body. Oyoyoy. Never again. I was going all L'occitane crazy, now I'm cured. This stuff dried out my skin to no end. It used up quickly, especially for a soap. I thought it was in my head, no the soap was stripping my skin. I was the middle of winter, that's still no excuse. I was shocked, yes and dismayed. I will never rebuy, and my esteem for L'Occitane is considerably lower.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2007 11:16:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I expected more of a moisturizing effect from this soap due to the added extra shea butter. This left my skin feeling squeaky clean and dry. I rewashed with my favorite bath gel to remove the sensation. I guess I am too used to soap-free cleansers to use this. Has nice mild scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2007 11:03:00 AM More reviews by AnnKB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lovely rich creamy soap, mild natural smell (depending on which one you get). I find this very cleansing and moisturising and use it on my face without problems. I have quite sensitive, oily skin and some cleansers were drying it out too much and making it worse. I bought the 100g bar which has lasted me for ages which is good as its quite expensive.I will definitely keep repurchasing the shea soaps. (so far I like the milk one best.)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2007 8:59:00 PM More reviews by ironwoman01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love these soaps. They are very moisturizing and smell pleasant. I got these as a gift in scents milk, lavendar, verbana, and sweet lemon. Probably the best soaps I have ever used. I always moisturize when I get out of the shower, so I don't know how moisturizing they are by themselves. I definitely recommend these soaps.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2007 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Belle18244

I love this soap!! I used to have really dry hands and my knuckles were red and cracked. This was the only product that cleared it up and when I stop using it for a while I notice that hands get dry again. I will definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2006 4:40:00 PM More reviews by azukigirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My husband and I came across this soap at a very nice hotel. I stepped out of the bath and my husband asked me: Did you try the soap? Did you use the shampoo? Don't you love them? And truth be told, we never got excited over hotel soaps. Too bad we didn't see the maid with her cart...

We hardly use soap, only bath gels, but this has gotten me back to rubbing myself with a good old bar!

Very creamy, soft and moisturizing. High quality product. I've been getting them as gifts.