December 19, 2014 | 1540 users online

Eyeliner - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Eyes

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by Lizfanfera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this for a dance & a vaction hoping it would be a trusty waterproof eyeliner. IT IS NOT. A 1 dollar one from cvs would do better. I got the darkest color and it was badly pigmented. DO NOT BUT go revlon colorsttay instead!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2012 2:29:00 AM More reviews by dawnwong

I just got this and so I can't be sure yet.

This goes on really easily which I like because I don't have to tug at my skin. The flip side is that it also smudges more easily. I'm not panda-eyed but the smudging at the bottom outer corners of my eyes is enough to annoy me.

Colour is intense which is what I like in an eyeliner. Removing is OK with a waterproof make up remover.

The plastic cap looks like it will crack and die real quick in the abyss that is my make up pouch but we'll see.

My eye pencil before this was the Make Up Store one and Revlon's Colorstay eyeliner. Both smudged less easily but were also more challenging to apply. I also use Mabelline's gel liner for evening looks. Comparing this to other two I use, I'd say I'd repurchase if I can get over the smudging. Otherwise, the cheaper Revlon & Mabelline ones seem like better deals.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Blockwitz7789

I used to wear this and buy it time and time again but I just won't anymore. It works really well, is waterproof, and lasts a long time. The problem I have with this liner is that it sucks to sharpen! I sharpen it and their is always a part that still has to be sharpened off...so I do and the whole chuck comes off wasting tons of the liner. I used to love this product but it's just way too frustrating to use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 10:58:00 AM More reviews by shazzar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Worth the higher than drugstore price to get an eyeliner that doesn't irritate my water line. I love it. Goes on so easily, wears all day, nicely pigmented and matte. It never transfers to my lower water line. It's not too creamy, so it doesn't have to be sharpened before every use, which makes it last months. HG for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by amyskal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this eyeliner, I am buying it for all my friends. I live in the tropics (Panama) and it does not come off - even when I sweat. I have brown eyes and bought the 6L color (purple) which is perfect. I was really surprised since the name of the brand struck me as odd (and kind of ridiculous), but I am happy to be proven wrong and will look into their other products.
The only thing I could complain about is that I seem to have to sharpen it often.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2011 4:21:00 AM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

why are these so popular?? i don't find the color selection to be that great and they aren't very pigmented. i feel like this eyeliner tugs and doesn't apply very smoothly or evenly. for this price this is a crappy eyeliner. i don't find this to be long wearing at all either. everytime i wear this on my upper lid it always transfers and smudges even if i'm wearing a primer. i would not recommend this product and would recommend urban decay 24/7 eyeliner for the same price that has richer pigment and better staying power and covergirl liquidline blast as a less expensive substitue over this crappy pencil.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2011 8:31:00 PM More reviews by 6thmercury

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im disappointed with this eyeliner since its not very smooth & pigmented. I like the urban decay 24/7 eyeliner better. It's not very long wearing either.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by finnybite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in 6L, a metallic deep purple. I remember testing these pencils out at Sephora a long time ago and being amazed at the easy gliding application and color payoff, but I didn't have the money to buy it at the time. I finally bought it about a year ago and was sooo excited to use it. I'm pretty disappointed. The color payoff, at least on the one I have, is actually quite bad. It's better if you sharpen it immediately before use but the color is much more muted and transparent than I originally thought. It's still a beautiful color--sometimes you just don't WANT bright eggplant color all over your eyes--but I also have some issues with the formula. This is supposed to be a stay-all day waterproof pencil but if I line my lower lid it tends to smudge after a couple hours and it barely goes on my waterline at all and then disappears within minutes. I now only use this with a lot of primer. I find myself reaching for the Maybelline Eye Studio gel liner in eggplant more often.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by missanthropic84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I own several of these eyeliners because of the color selection and smooth application. As for being waterproof, eh, not so much. If you add it to your waterline or even the lower lashes, it will migrate and smudge. A primer definitely helps keep the liner in place for the upper eyelid. So all in all, I like these pencils and will likely add to my collection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2011 12:25:00 PM More reviews by enydonus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this in black, received as a Sephora perk. This is the first black pencil I've found that won't transfer. It can be used during the daytime to tightline the top waterline and not smear all over the bottom or gather in the tearduct. I'm blown away. It's not perfectly deep black but it darkens enough to make me look polished in the daytime and less cutesy deer-in-the-headlights (thyroid issues make my eyes look round and huge) without the whole dramatic rimmed black eye. It's also the first pencil I've found that sharpens well and doesn't occasionally splinter. MAC, Elizabeth Arden, L'Oreal (HIP), Guerlain, Armani, and Estee Lauder look disastrous next to this MUFE pencil. Shocked at the quality. I use it every day so it's being run down rather quickly. Almost out, will repurchase en masse.

Edit: One lippy deducted. No longer HG. Although this sharpens better than other pencils, I much prefer not wasting product. The MAC Technakohls in Graphblack and Photogravure are now my all-time favourites for the waterline and tightline.