Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner Pencils (All)

3.6

on 6/28/2012 5:03:00 AM

I truly hate this product. I got it in both white and black. I got the white for my waterline. The pigmentation is horrible and it doesn't apply well at all. I then got the black for my lid, thinking it just wasn't meant for the waterline and the white wasn't pigmented because it was, well, white. Nope. The black wasn't very black at all, and smudged a couple hours into wearing. Not worth the money at all.

on 6/23/2012 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this for a dance & a vaction hoping it would be a trusty waterproof eyeliner. IT IS NOT. A 1 dollar one from cvs would do better. I got the darkest color and it was badly pigmented. DO NOT BUT go revlon colorsttay instead!

on 6/20/2012 2:29:00 AM

I just got this and so I can't be sure yet.

This goes on really easily which I like because I don't have to tug at my skin. The flip side is that it also smudges more easily. I'm not panda-eyed but the smudging at the bottom outer corners of my eyes is enough to annoy me.

Colour is intense which is what I like in an eyeliner. Removing is OK with a waterproof make up remover.

The plastic cap looks like it will crack and die real quick in the abyss that is my make up pouch but we'll see.

My eye pencil before this was the Make Up Store one and Revlon's Colorstay eyeliner. Both smudged less easily but were also more challenging to apply. I also use Mabelline's gel liner for evening looks. Comparing this to other two I use, I'd say I'd repurchase if I can get over the smudging. Otherwise, the cheaper Revlon & Mabelline ones seem like better deals.

I used to wear this and buy it time and time again but I just won't anymore. It works really well, is waterproof, and lasts a long time. The problem I have with this liner is that it sucks to sharpen! I sharpen it and their is always a part that still has to be sharpened off...so I do and the whole chuck comes off wasting tons of the liner. I used to love this product but it's just way too frustrating to use.

on 4/16/2012 10:58:00 AM

Worth the higher than drugstore price to get an eyeliner that doesn't irritate my water line. I love it. Goes on so easily, wears all day, nicely pigmented and matte. It never transfers to my lower water line. It's not too creamy, so it doesn't have to be sharpened before every use, which makes it last months. HG for me.

on 4/3/2012 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this eyeliner, I am buying it for all my friends. I live in the tropics (Panama) and it does not come off - even when I sweat. I have brown eyes and bought the 6L color (purple) which is perfect. I was really surprised since the name of the brand struck me as odd (and kind of ridiculous), but I am happy to be proven wrong and will look into their other products.
The only thing I could complain about is that I seem to have to sharpen it often.

on 12/27/2011 4:21:00 AM

why are these so popular?? i don't find the color selection to be that great and they aren't very pigmented. i feel like this eyeliner tugs and doesn't apply very smoothly or evenly. for this price this is a crappy eyeliner. i don't find this to be long wearing at all either. everytime i wear this on my upper lid it always transfers and smudges even if i'm wearing a primer. i would not recommend this product and would recommend urban decay 24/7 eyeliner for the same price that has richer pigment and better staying power and covergirl liquidline blast as a less expensive substitue over this crappy pencil.

on 12/23/2011 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Im disappointed with this eyeliner since its not very smooth & pigmented. I like the urban decay 24/7 eyeliner better. It's not very long wearing either.

on 12/7/2011 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have this in 6L, a metallic deep purple. I remember testing these pencils out at Sephora a long time ago and being amazed at the easy gliding application and color payoff, but I didn't have the money to buy it at the time. I finally bought it about a year ago and was sooo excited to use it. I'm pretty disappointed. The color payoff, at least on the one I have, is actually quite bad. It's better if you sharpen it immediately before use but the color is much more muted and transparent than I originally thought. It's still a beautiful color--sometimes you just don't WANT bright eggplant color all over your eyes--but I also have some issues with the formula. This is supposed to be a stay-all day waterproof pencil but if I line my lower lid it tends to smudge after a couple hours and it barely goes on my waterline at all and then disappears within minutes. I now only use this with a lot of primer. I find myself reaching for the Maybelline Eye Studio gel liner in eggplant more often.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I own several of these eyeliners because of the color selection and smooth application. As for being waterproof, eh, not so much. If you add it to your waterline or even the lower lashes, it will migrate and smudge. A primer definitely helps keep the liner in place for the upper eyelid. So all in all, I like these pencils and will likely add to my collection.