September 21, 2014 | 1658 users online

Eyeliner - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Eyes

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by finnybite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in 6L, a metallic deep purple. I remember testing these pencils out at Sephora a long time ago and being amazed at the easy gliding application and color payoff, but I didn't have the money to buy it at the time. I finally bought it about a year ago and was sooo excited to use it. I'm pretty disappointed. The color payoff, at least on the one I have, is actually quite bad. It's better if you sharpen it immediately before use but the color is much more muted and transparent than I originally thought. It's still a beautiful color--sometimes you just don't WANT bright eggplant color all over your eyes--but I also have some issues with the formula. This is supposed to be a stay-all day waterproof pencil but if I line my lower lid it tends to smudge after a couple hours and it barely goes on my waterline at all and then disappears within minutes. I now only use this with a lot of primer. I find myself reaching for the Maybelline Eye Studio gel liner in eggplant more often.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by missanthropic84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I own several of these eyeliners because of the color selection and smooth application. As for being waterproof, eh, not so much. If you add it to your waterline or even the lower lashes, it will migrate and smudge. A primer definitely helps keep the liner in place for the upper eyelid. So all in all, I like these pencils and will likely add to my collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2011 12:25:00 PM More reviews by enydonus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this in black, received as a Sephora perk. This is the first black pencil I've found that won't transfer. It can be used during the daytime to tightline the top waterline and not smear all over the bottom or gather in the tearduct. I'm blown away. It's not perfectly deep black but it darkens enough to make me look polished in the daytime and less cutesy deer-in-the-headlights (thyroid issues make my eyes look round and huge) without the whole dramatic rimmed black eye. It's also the first pencil I've found that sharpens well and doesn't occasionally splinter. MAC, Elizabeth Arden, L'Oreal (HIP), Guerlain, Armani, and Estee Lauder look disastrous next to this MUFE pencil. Shocked at the quality. I use it every day so it's being run down rather quickly. Almost out, will repurchase en masse.

Edit: One lippy deducted. No longer HG. Although this sharpens better than other pencils, I much prefer not wasting product. The MAC Technakohls in Graphblack and Photogravure are now my all-time favourites for the waterline and tightline.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2011 10:01:00 AM More reviews by lca1987

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is by far my favorite eyeliner pencil. Yes, you have to sharpen, but I don't mind. I use a NARS sharpener and it sharpens very nicely. The pencil glides on nicely and it stays on longer than other eyeliner pencils I've used. My eyes water alot due to allergies but it doesn't smear. No racoon eyes! I've used several colors and all of the colors are great. The price is a little expensive but I've used more expensive liners that didn't work as well. Definitely recommended!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2011 4:59:00 PM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have owned this in black, blue 15L and plum 4L. None of the pencils left me impressed. The black really is not black enough for me and not as long lasting as a cheap German Essence fluidliner which is also more pigmented. The blue and plum colors were sheer. I had to really push to get color. But the unflattering sheer line that you get finally, does stay on better than average liners. Anyways, I actually prefer Makeup Forever normal eye pencil in black, because I find it more intense and that lasting power is in my opinion almost as good. Also if you want a really cheap and good liner. Go for Wet n wild Color Icon pencil. I have the color shimmery black and it is truly awesome and pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by YJaded89

A good eyeliner for me is all about staying put all day and keeping its vibrant color without smudging OFC.
And also i hate touch-ups, i love long-lasting makeup..when i 1st tried MUFE eyeliner pencil, i didn't expect much as i am used to getting letdown by eyeliner since i live in a very humid weather that made me believe i will always have raccoon eyes ;(
So I put my MUFE aqua eyes and after a long day approximately 8 hours out with friends in a very hot day..I look in the mirror and KABOOM,
-my eyeliner looks great, still Vibrant with no change in color.
-It didn't smudge.
-It just faded a little bit at the end of the day(but that is absolutely not a Con, after a very long day in such humid weather & with an oily skin like mine with absolutely no touch-ups).

I absolutely love it, finally i found my HG eye pencil, sure will get more colors(i have 22L which is a lovely grey that isn't blackish nor silver)
But i recommend you to try it first, because what worked for me isn't necessarily going to work with everyone :-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2011 2:54:00 AM More reviews by eyesopen33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought two of these in the shades Majorelle Blue which is number 15L and also in Grey 22L. I absolutely love the color of the Grey on me, and this does glide on fairly well. Much better than the Revlon colorstay eyeliners. Anyway, the grey color is a perfect shade for my eyes, and it has a hint of blue to it as well. Very pretty.

As for the Majorelle Blue, the bright color was just too intense for me so I am returning that one. I think I will try the navy one next as that one is not as bright.

What I like about this eyeliner is that it glides fairly well, and it's waterproof. It does tug just a little, but not too badly. I can't wait to try more colors.

ETA: This does fade a bit after wearing for a few hours. I had to reapply about four hours later, as the color faded off my lids some. I still love the gray shade though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 4:29:00 AM More reviews by BintangkeciL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First, i was a little hesitant to try this product. Remember i was very satisfied with the other similar eyeliner like this. But then, when finally i tried, i'm so impressed! The color was bold, and its stay longer on my lids. And also good in my waterline...

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2011 10:08:00 AM More reviews by pulitzer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The biggest issue for me was that this liner tugged when I applied to my lid. The formula is very black but a bit too rich/thick to apply evenly and smoothly (unlike UD 24/7 which is also rich but applies more easily). I prefer to go for liners that do not require me to pull my eye lid to apply, but with aqua eyes, I have to pull my lid taut for a perfectly smooth surface so that the liner does not clump on. Again, I'd rather have a liner like UD 24/7 which is a bit more creamy and 'glides' on. (BTW I didn't start writing this to be a aqua eyes vs. 24/7 review but many compare the two so I guess my review turned out that way.)

I do like, however, the water resistant-ness of the formula and it is quite long lasting, not smudging on me all day.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2011 5:43:00 AM More reviews by psmitty

Not impressed! I bought this in the dark grey shade and am disappointed- there is minimal color payoff. I can smear it while pressing hard and it just makes a blotchy light grey line. What a waste!