Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

4.7

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Skin type: moderate acne (6-10+ active spots), oily all over, dry around certain acne spots, uneven skin tone due to acne scars (not deep, just miscolored surface level spots), fair with yellow undertones. Basically, my skin is every girls worst nightmare.

People, people.... listern to me. This is heaven sent for those of us with sensitive skin, active acne and scars, who need full coverage! I hate the foundation brushes that literally look like paint brushes because you could always see brush strokes on my skin. Therefore, I was against brushes. I would use my fingers or a fake Beauty Blender (I think the real B.B. is garbage, btw).

BUTI went out on a whim and bought this to stipple my make-up in and HOLY SMOKES, FOLKS (I'm kind of embarrassed that I said that, but I'm going to leave it). It really does make a massive difference in not only the coverage you get from your foundation, but the lasting power as well. It is $17 with tax, but well worth it and still cheaper than high(er) end brushes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I love this brush, so much so, that I have 4 of them. At 15 bucks its kinda steep for a brush, but this brush is damn near perfect. I love it. Feels good in the hand. Dense soft hairs, great for liquid and powders. This brush is a MUST!!!!!! BUY BUY BUY!!!

This brush is amazing. I have the Sigma 5 piece Kabuki brushes and although I love them I decided to add the Sonia Kashuk synthetic kabuki brush into my collection. Firstly because it's synthetic (different material compared to Sigma ones) and it's smaller. Now I found out how to use it: I use it first to blend out my liquid foundation (there is no product in the bristle which is wonderful) then use my Sigma kabuki to blend one more time. The Sigma kabuki brushes are so soft and blend very well too but the foundation do stick into the bristles so it's kind of waste. Now I can use all of them in different way and order :-)
I also have the Real Techniques Stippling brush to blend out liquid foundation and it works very well too.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this brush! After longing for a flat top foundation brush, but not wanting to fork out a lot of cash, I finally found a wallet-friendly version that doesn't shed like a stressed out cat. Because it's synthetic, this brush picks up liquid foundations and covers it on the face flawlessly, unlike other brushes that soak in the liquids and creams without transferring much of it to your face. I love the handle grip. I did deduct points because I think if the brush head was little larger in diameter, coverage would be even easier to get. I also deducted points because the packaging sucks. Yeah, it's cute, but it's pretty wasteful. Overall, I will get a lot of good use out of this brush and look forward to trying out more products from this line.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I read reviews for this product before buying, and since it was so highly rated, I just HAD to buy it! Boy this is by far the best foundation brush I have ever used. The flat top is really what distinguishes it from a regular foundation brush. It is somewhere between a Stippling Brush and a regular flat Brush. But for the price, I will take this any day over a Mac Stippling brush. I recommend that you use this brush in dabbing / stippling motion, rather than a painting technique. The coverage is just amazing - I did not think my Mac Foundation provided so much coverage, but now I realize its all about the brush!
Actually I had to go to multiple Targets to find this brush because it was sold out everywhere!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Can't ask for a better brush....price is amazing and applies like a dream.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Excellent brush! Hasn't shed once in over a year, I've washed it 15+ times and each time it looks and feels just like new, highly recommended if you want fuller coverage from your powder.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have lots of acne and hyperpigmentation which means my face is very sensitive to the touch especially when I have cystic acne. Most brushes irritate my skin so I made a switch to the original beauty blender and never looked back until I found this little gem. The bristle is as soft as it can be,feels so soft on the skin. Yes the brush head is small in comparison with other flat top brush but I love it. It gives me more control and eliminate the need to use other brush to blend concealer under the eyes and dark spots. This is my HG flat top brush. Give it a try you won't regret it.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This brush is really amazing and WORTH EVERY SINGLE PENNY. I am an avid collector of foundation brushes and when I saw this one I thought it would be just like my Sigma f80(which disappointed me) or my ELF but the pretty design reeled me in. When I tried it, I was really surprised, the size is smaller than the average buffing brush which actually made it easier to use around smaller places eg..to blend out eyebrow concealer and even undereye. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

This is a great brush. It is an affordable and good quality brush that is soft and has never shed with washing or wear. It is good if you want your foundation to go on with a fuller coverage. I liked it best with lighter formulas such as my NARS sheer matte and bb creams.

Popular Makeup Brushes