April 19, 2014 | 1728 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Olive Scrub - Elements

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2009 8:15:00 PM More reviews by 247swimchick9

I really liked this scrub, and i am actually pretty surprised how that this product only got 3 stars. This, leaves your face feeling refreshed and moisturized, I really like it :]

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 7:49:00 PM More reviews by amoramor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

love love love this! It makes my skin sooo soft and silky smooth. Does not break me out. Smells nice too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 6:24:00 AM More reviews by oscarnabby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I agree with the reviewer below...I'm glad I didn't read the reviews on this product. I found it this weekend at Big Lots for $2.30, came home and read the reviews and was expecting it to be worthless. But I love it!! I find that it has plenty of scrubbies in it, and feel they do the job well, but don't have that sensation of leaving micro-abrasions on your skin. Plus, after I rinse it off, my skin is nice and soft and glowy, and not tight at all. I'm off to Big Lots again this weekend to stock up, as I'm feeling like this could be an HG scrub for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 1:27:00 AM More reviews by LazyLittleLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I went to buy the apricot scrub but after reading the ingredients, I decided not to. The apricot scrub uses walnut shells to exfoliate, which I think is way to harsh for the face, and also contained parabens. So, I ended up grabbing this instead. I liked that it uses jojoba esters as the exfoliator and is paraben free. This might be one time I am glad I didn't read MUA reviews before buying a product. I have been using it almost daily for 1 week and a half and I am happy with it. I was not looking for something really harsh, so I think this fit the bill. It left my skin feeling super soft and clean and I find the scent really pleasant. I usually follow up with jojoba oil or Nivea Soft. Also, I don't know why people are using an exfoliator anywhere near their eye area or their lips. These zones are too sensitive for a scrub!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2009 3:44:00 PM More reviews by prettyexgirlfriend

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is a gentle scrub, and i think its too gentle..
the beads are very small and in a dime's worth squeeze theres very little beads and i dont think it really does anything, but i will continue using it until it runs out.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2009 4:11:00 PM More reviews by bmays17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I would not reccomend this product as a scrub. The beads dont scrub. It is more like a moisturizing wash, that doesnt help remove makeup. It hurts very bad if you rub it on your eyelids or anywhere around because it finds its way into your eye and stings like crazy.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2009 11:42:00 PM More reviews by kusanagigirl

I bought this product because of the olive ingredients in it. I've heard that olive oil or olive products are good for your skin and the fact that it seems more natural than synthetic was a plus. However, as scrub, this isn't very effective. The scrubbing beads are too big and too few to actually scrub my skin. Most times, I felt like the beads were rolling around on my skin or being pushed around, rather than sloughing off the dead skin cells. The cleanser is nice, creamy, and moisturizing. Overall, it didn't do anything great to my skin, and it didn't do anything bad for my skin either.

For some real good scrubbing, I use St. Ives Timeless Skin Daily Microdermabrasion.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2009 7:50:00 AM More reviews by ILoveSweetTarts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lovely gentle exfoliating scrub. My skin feels so smooth after using this, and it doesn't dry my sensitive dry skin out. Absolutely amazing scrub for those with dry skin!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2009 7:40:00 AM More reviews by LINESUNSAID

I got suckered in to buying this by the packaging. I thought heck, the warming scrub worked, why not this one?! WRONG! I tried this and all it did was make my lips numb. Now I don't think that's a good thing but if it is, it still did nothing for my skin. It didn't feel like it exfoliated my skin at all. I got better results with some oils and a microfiber cloth. This just felt like putting lotion with hard *** beads in it all over my face. It didn't moisturize my face either :( what rubbish! The price would've been ok if it worked but it didn't. Really wish it would've worked for me

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2009 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Melanar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

I was really hesitant to trying this product since the St. Ive Apricot scrub didn't do me any good, but it surprised me. I've always trusted products based on Olive oil since I have terribly dry and sensitive skin and boy did this work!

I don't know why so many people are giving it thumbs down, because it's pretty good.
-The beads aren't too rough, it's kind of like sugar actually (I honestly wish it was so it would exfoliate better)
-Scent isn't too heavy.
-Cleanses well, although I usually wipe my makeup off before I scrub, as it's advised you cleanse before exfoliating for full results.
-Doesn't make my skin feel dry or tight.
-I don't have the need for moisturizer after, but I DO still use it.
-Is a good price for around $6-7

I'd love to use this daily, but since I have dry/sensitive skin I force myself not to because I may react badly that way (even if it isn't abrasive/strong). I took off a lippy 'cuz it's not something miracle-like. I would repurchase!

(UPDATE 5/29/10: I don't use this in my regimen anymore. I'll use it once in a blue moon when I see it and feel like a random SUPER-GENTLE scrub. I find sugar scrubs and the st. ives apricot to be the winners for me.)