St. Ives Olive Scrub - Elements

2.9

Water, Glycerin, Potassium Laureth Phosphate, Jojoba Esters, Paraffin, Olive Oil PEG 7 Esters, Olive Fruit Oil, Acrylates/Palmeth 25 Acrylate Copolymer, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Methyl 2-Sulfolaurate, Acrylates Copolymer, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Esters, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium 2-Sulfolaurate, BHT, Fragrance, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Limonene, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Yellow 5, Propylene Glycol, Red 4, Red 33, Blue 1, Sorbitol, Olive Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sunflower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower (Matricaria) Extract

on 12/28/2009 10:21:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This scrub was very gentle and worked well for me. It made my skin feel smooth and refreshed after I used it. My face would look very refreshed after and gave me a very clean feeling. I will definitely repurchase this product again.

on 12/17/2009 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product isn't necessarily bad. But after continuous use for roughly 1 1/2 months, I saw nothing beneficial. I guess it wasn't as gentle as I thought it would be.

Anyway, I have three main problems with this scrub. Firstly, it made my cheeks itch every now and then. I assume that something in this product was irritating me or it wasn't as moisturizing as it claimed it would be. Secondly, the consistency was sub par and it wouldn't spread easily unless you used a lot and I'm not keen on overusing something on my face. Lastly, the beads. Before I hate on these beads, I'd like to say that the beads themselves were ok; they were mild and non-abrasive. However, I would have to touch my face a lot more in order to get them off entirely (do not want). I guess that goes for most scrubs though.

Final thought: as a daily wash, I do not recommend it. Too much rubbing is required to get it off and it's definitely not moisturizing. Maybe a decent weekly scrub? Not too sure as I'm not a scrub savvy person.

on 11/20/2009 8:15:00 PM

I really liked this scrub, and i am actually pretty surprised how that this product only got 3 stars. This, leaves your face feeling refreshed and moisturized, I really like it :]

on 11/19/2009 7:49:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

love love love this! It makes my skin sooo soft and silky smooth. Does not break me out. Smells nice too!

on 10/29/2009 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I agree with the reviewer below...I'm glad I didn't read the reviews on this product. I found it this weekend at Big Lots for $2.30, came home and read the reviews and was expecting it to be worthless. But I love it!! I find that it has plenty of scrubbies in it, and feel they do the job well, but don't have that sensation of leaving micro-abrasions on your skin. Plus, after I rinse it off, my skin is nice and soft and glowy, and not tight at all. I'm off to Big Lots again this weekend to stock up, as I'm feeling like this could be an HG scrub for me.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I went to buy the apricot scrub but after reading the ingredients, I decided not to. The apricot scrub uses walnut shells to exfoliate, which I think is way to harsh for the face, and also contained parabens. So, I ended up grabbing this instead. I liked that it uses jojoba esters as the exfoliator and is paraben free. This might be one time I am glad I didn't read MUA reviews before buying a product. I have been using it almost daily for 1 week and a half and I am happy with it. I was not looking for something really harsh, so I think this fit the bill. It left my skin feeling super soft and clean and I find the scent really pleasant. I usually follow up with jojoba oil or Nivea Soft. Also, I don't know why people are using an exfoliator anywhere near their eye area or their lips. These zones are too sensitive for a scrub!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This product is a gentle scrub, and i think its too gentle..
the beads are very small and in a dime's worth squeeze theres very little beads and i dont think it really does anything, but i will continue using it until it runs out.

on 10/6/2009 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I would not reccomend this product as a scrub. The beads dont scrub. It is more like a moisturizing wash, that doesnt help remove makeup. It hurts very bad if you rub it on your eyelids or anywhere around because it finds its way into your eye and stings like crazy.

on 10/2/2009 11:42:00 PM

I bought this product because of the olive ingredients in it. I've heard that olive oil or olive products are good for your skin and the fact that it seems more natural than synthetic was a plus. However, as scrub, this isn't very effective. The scrubbing beads are too big and too few to actually scrub my skin. Most times, I felt like the beads were rolling around on my skin or being pushed around, rather than sloughing off the dead skin cells. The cleanser is nice, creamy, and moisturizing. Overall, it didn't do anything great to my skin, and it didn't do anything bad for my skin either.

For some real good scrubbing, I use St. Ives Timeless Skin Daily Microdermabrasion.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Lovely gentle exfoliating scrub. My skin feels so smooth after using this, and it doesn't dry my sensitive dry skin out. Absolutely amazing scrub for those with dry skin!