Estee Lauder Double Wear Light SPF10

3.9

New: Ingredients: Water, cyclopentailoxane, trimethylsiloxysilcate, butylene glycol, trimethyl pentaphenyl trixiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, silica, magnesium sulfate, polyglyceryl, 3 disostearate, tribehenin, peg-10 dimenthicone, bis-peg, ppg-14, 14 dimethicone, ethylhexylglycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, dimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosteratate, lauteth-7, glycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, deimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosterate, laureth-7, glycerin, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, cetyl peg, ppg 10, 1 dimethicone, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), disteardimonium hectorite, methicone, propylene carbonate, tetramethyl hexaphenyl tetrasiloxane, cellulose gum, xanthan gum, dimethicone silylate, toccopheryl acetate, alumina , sorbic acid, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol, + - iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) titanium dioxide (CI 77891), mica, bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Ferric Ammonium ferro cyanide.

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

on 3/28/2015 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I love this foundation!! If you have oily skin, you need this in your life!! Its lasting power is to die for (even without a primer or setting spray) and i love how estee lauder thought to come out with something that is lighter than the original double wear but still lasts forever.

On a side note, their color selection could be better but I make it work!

Honestly, it deserves 5 stars because I haven't tried a foundation that works similar to this (maybe lancomes teint miracle... but I like this better...slightly).

Quick Notes:
-I think this product does become cakey if you layer on too much product
-You don't need to set with a powder after applying
-Sometimes, if its too hot and if I wear this, it starts to feel really heavy and gross on my face but the majority of the time (aka in winter or fall) it feels like I have nothing on.. I wish they'd make and extra light version of this stuff but I'm going to give their BB cream a go today so we'll have to see if it'll do!!

on 3/28/2015 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am so disappointed with this product. I have oily/combination skin and it barely lasts a couple of hours. I have tried several application methods and primers/powders to no avail, it just slides off my skin!
The finish on initial application is lovely and goes on nicely. It has a medium coverage with a semi-matte finish and is really lightweight on the skin.
On me however, the finish quickly turns shiny and melts off my face.
Given the price tag and the fact that (for my skin) this product does not keep its promises, I will not be repurchasing.
I'm not sure I will even bother finishing the tube.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I went to an Estee Lauder counter yesterday and had a very disappointing experience. As someone with VERY pale skin, I was not able to find any foundation in the Double Wear line :( The woman at the counter tried every light shade in every form of Double Wear foundation on me and just could not match me to one. I was sad to hear this because I've heard so many nice things about this foundation.

ADVICE TO ANY GIRL WITH EXTREMELY LIGHT SKIN LOOKING TO BUY THIS PRODUCT:
I highly suggest going to an Estee Lauder counter and getting a shade match first.
Any shade that was close to my skin tone oxidized and turned somewhat orange and too dark for me in a matter of seconds. Please be careful buying!

(lippie rating just bc I had to have one to post)

on 3/23/2015 2:08:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This is the best light weight foundation for my combo oily skin. The coverage is sheer to medium and it stays on for a pretty good amount of time. The finish is very natural. Not too matte, not too dewy. I feel like it does control the oiliness around my nose. The only down side is that the shades are so limited. I'm about an NC 25-30 and picked up intensity 2. It would've been perfect if it had yellow undertone. But intensity 2 is more on the pink side while intensity 3 is more on the yellow side but it was too dark for me. The pink undertone isn't too obvious on my Asian skin but I guess I'll still be on the hunt for that perfect foundation.

on 3/21/2015 4:02:00 PM

IF YOU HAVE COMBO SKIN, YOU MUST HAVE THIS! It has a light coverage, it is moustirizing and mattifying at the same time! It has a natural matte finish and it controls the oiliness on my T zone perfectly! When I put this on, people always say "Aw, you have such a perfect skin", and you know a foundations quality when people think that you have nothing on :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Bought shade .5. This shade is a suitable match for the pale/fair complexion with neutral or yellow undertones. Absolutely too pale for the fair to light complexion or light complexion.

"Dries" quickly to a sticky/tacky texture. Because of this it was blotchy all over my face. Near impossible to blend well. I exfoliate and moisturize before applying makeup. Even still, this foundation made any and all teeny tiny dry skin flakes stand out horribly.

It does last forever on the face. Did not irritate my very sensitive skin. These are the two pros hence why two lippies.

on 3/15/2015 6:12:00 PM

Do not understand the hype with this. I have oily skin and this just really didn't set well on my skin at all. It was blotchy and I could feel it on all day, it didn't help my oiliness. Well this put me off trying the double wear original formula. If I can feel this then i'm definitely not going to like that. If you are someone who likes mac studiofix fluid you will probably like this although even studiofix was better on my skin.

I tried the original double wear and it's too heavy as I expected.

on 3/11/2015 5:40:00 AM

I just purchased this in intensity no.2. The colour's perfect for my skin.
It has a little dewy finish but not oily. Coverage is like bb creams of Korea (think Missha's perfect cover).

on 3/7/2015 5:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have oily skin and live in humid Darwin in Australia. I continually wear this foundation as it's the only one I can find that has a fighting chance against the humidity and my oily skin. I switched to this light version because I feel like my skin breathes better and thus lasts longer, even though the coverage is not as good.

on 3/7/2015 3:02:00 AM

Definitely the best foundation ever. It lasts all day I don't need to use it twice. I have very oily t-zone and this foundation makes oil control. Not as heavy as double wear but its coverage is enough and also buildable.