December 21, 2014 | 1837 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Light SPF10

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by ibeforee

omg I love this stuff!! I started off with the regular double wear but at times it could get a bit cakey on me so I decided to try this after hearing good things and I am blown away. it has the staying power of the regular double wear, slightly less coverage but looks like your skin and stays in place. this is light to medium coverage foundation that makes you look polished and lovely. plus it's a squeeze tube that is practical and easy to control the amount you want (unlike the pump-less bottle that the regular one comes in) all in all I would say try this if you love the double wear but are looking to go just a tad more natural.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 9:00:00 AM More reviews by Rachel1234

Compared to DW, this DWLight is very easy to blend and to match to your skintone. It seems to be more creamy and soft .... almost the feeling of a BB cream, but with more pigment and less moisture. Whereas DW is more like a thick liquid.

It feels lightweight on skin. It is a satin-matte finish, so it leaves a very natural skin-like finish, which is nice. I'd say medium coverage. I find using my fingers to apply gives me the greatest amount of control and blendability .... seems to almost melt between fingertips and face, melding into skin creating a very natural finish. It absorbs oil fairly well. Of course, I always recommend setting any foundation with loose powder, and this is no different. Setting with powder will greatly enhance the amount of time you will get of oil control.

Colors are very forgiving, unlike DW which needs to be perfect.

Intensity 0.5 is good for the lightest skintones ... DW colors 1w1, 1n1 and 1c1 will all do well. As well as mac nc/nw 10-15.

Intensity 1.0 and 2.0 seem very similar in color, with Intensity 1.0 being a tad more pink, and Intensity 2.0 being a tad more yellow (and just a teeny tiny bit darker). Mac nc/nw 20-25 would be either Intensity 1.0 or 2.0.

Intensity 3.0 looks to be about mac nc/nw 30-35.

This foundation wears well and does not oxidize on me during the day. I wear Estee Lauder Blemish Serum underneath. I can get a good 4-5 hours before I have to blot my t-zone, which is really good for me as my t-zone gets super oily super quickly. It does not cake or separate on me. Does well with sweat, heat and humidity. I think I may actually like this more than DW. It feels lighter and nicer, and does not seem as mask-like or as heavy as DW.

I find DWLight is also particularly flattering for acne prone skin.

Usually foundations will tend to highlight acne by clinging to acne spots, making any dryness or flakes look 10x worse, caking up around acne spots and/or making skin look more bumpy and uneven/rough in texture and making pores look huge. I hate that. It's like in their effort to cover acne, cosmetic companies create skin-colored spackle and sell it to us, never considering how bad spackled skin looks.

DWLight is great in that it smoothes over acne like a thin layer of silk while it conceals it. It creates a nice smoooooth surface .... smoothing down any flakes or dryness. And the satin-matte finish mimics the look of healthy skin, so after it smoothes over the acne spots, it reflects the look of healthy satiny skin. No cake face. No crazy bumpy texture. I mean, the acne bumps will still be there, but the appearance is lessened and made to look nicer, not worse (which is what most high coverage foundations end up doing). Plus ... add in the good oil control and smudge resistant, sweat resistant staying power .... and you've got a really good foundation for acne. I don't use any primer either - just the Estee Lauder Blemish Serum and then DWLight. And the finish is so smooth and nice ... almost like there's a little primer built in.

Oh, and FYI ... Even though it does not show it on the bottle, both DWLight and DW are spf10. The Estee Lauder sales manager told me that there was a new law passed in the USA that states no makeup with less than spf 15 is allowed to advertise spf on it's label anymore. And that the DWLight spf10 and regular DW spf10 that is sold in Europe and elsewhere is exactly the same as the ones sold in the States. The product sold in the States just can't advertise the spf on the label. We used to be able to, but not anymore. So just FYI .... both the DWLight and DW still have spf10. So that's good!

26 out of 26 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by rara1234567890

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have dry, acne prone and sensitive skin. I was so excited to try this product after reading all the rave reviews. Colour match was brilliant. However, after one day of wearing, my whole face broke out REALLY BAD! I got acne in places where I haven't had acne for years!! Also don't recommend it for dry skin as it just sinks into your pores and makes you look cakey even after using moisturizer and primer. Overall, very disappointed.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Maeve167

I had bought this foundation a couple of years ago on the recommendation of a friend and bought it in intensity 3. I found it a little yellow on me and didn't bother with it any more. Recently I restarted the search for my holy grail and this foundation kept appearing so I got a tester for it in intensity 2. I love it! Long lasting, great coverage, it does everything I want it to do. Wish I had colour matched myself right the first time, would've saved myself a lot of expense. I apply it with a sigma f80 or real techniques expert brush. Doesn't need much powder which is great. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

I purchased this because I heard a review that emphasized how nice this was on more "mature" skin. I have a nice complexion for my age however I do have some age spots and capillaries to conceal as well as a few pores. I am not prone to breakouts but still get a little oily in my t-zone from time to time. I have been using more full coverage foundations such as Lancome, Nars and Dior but much of the time I am unhappy with the look of too much foundation on my face.

This foundation seems lighter than the above mentioned brands and I am happy with it at this time. I think it has a more medium coverage so I am using it sparingly but find it gives me a nice finish. I think it is worth a try for those of us who are older.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2014 7:23:00 AM More reviews by Anicca83

I love this foundation as it is a medium coverage with a satin/semi-matte appearance that looks natural and lasts all day. The downside is that it suffocates the skin which has a drying effect and can lead to breakouts. As a result I don't wear this every day. I wear this at night or for a medium coverage during the day when I want a budge proof foundation, but I wear mineral makeup or tinted moisturiser on days where I don't require better coverage or a long lasting foundation (e.g. Weekend days).

I recommend using a finishing powder over T-zone and oily spots and spraying a hydrating mist over dryer areas. This extends the wear of the foundation but also ensures the foundation does not melt into oily areas or flake over drier patches. You absolutely MUST use a good moisturiser and primer underneath this foundation if you have uneven skin texture (e.g. Acne) to ensure an even natural looking coverage.

I purchased this in shade 2 which is slightly darker than my natural skin tone but the lighter shade was too light and did not camouflage my red cheeks. Although shade 2 is slightly too dark it blends easily into my skin and just looks like i have a bit more colour to my face than what I actually have. It still looks natural and suits my pink and yellow undertones well.

The tube packaging is great as I can easily remove the right amount preventing wastage. I only remove enough to cover one side of the face at a time as it sets quickly and if I don't do each side separately then I end up needing to use more product to blend it in. A small amount goes a long way so keep the layers very thin and build up the coverage where you need it. If it looks cakey and you don't have particularly dry skin then apply less and use a sponge applicator. For best application use a foundation brush or sponge. Finger application will result in a less even application.

Many complaints about foundations come from incorrect application or choosing the wrong product for your skin type. Test different products and application techniques out before purchasing anything to prevent disappointment later. If you test this foundation out at the counter and the shade and texture suit your needs then this is a winning product. Perfect for a natural but decent coverage for the workday or long nights out on the town.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by completelynumby

My problems are - my face gets quite oily throughout the day and whatever makeup I put on it just slides off, so have to keep touching with powdered makeup (which is annoying to touch up all the time, especially when I'm at work and at university). And my skin is very sensitive and prone to spots.

In the past I had bought MAC's Prolongwear foundation, MAC Skinfinish Powder, Maybelline's Dream Liquid, Rimmel's Stay Matte Foundation, and all of these caused me breakouts (especially MAC) and were not long-wearing at all.

But I came across Double Wear Light, and this foundation does everything I need it to do.

- Oil free
- It's non-acnegenic (doesn't cause me to break out)
- Won't clog pores
- Fragrance-free
- SPF 10 (a good thing too)

And because it's oil-free, it is truly long-wearing. I literally don't have to touch up my face with any powder anymore because of its staying power. And 30ml it's lasted me for ages, I've had this for 4 months now and have a great amount still.

Best £28 I've spent on foundation!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by andreachidisima

love the texture and long wearing!! it's a lot of coverage! feels very comfortable, light and over all Im enjoying it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Luciibabi

This is a great foundation, although the coverage is a little too sheer for my taste and i found it didn't last as long as i wanted.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 5:09:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This ones a keeper - I get swayed off track very easily when it comes to trying out lots of different make-up but always manage to come back to this foundation. Its the one I grab for going on trips, an occasion, hot days, long days, photos, wanting to have my make-up look perfect days :)

I find less is more with this foundation and a little bit goes a very long way, my favourite foolproof way to apply this is with either a BB or RT Blender as it gets this blended in beautifully to look like really good skin. (sometimes get compliments on how good my skin is looking so its a nice bonus - I hold this foundation responsible). I find one application perfect as I still like to see my own skin but could see that this could be very easily built up for fuller coverage. Wears so well for a long day and only needs a face tissue blot after hours, holds up great in the sun too. Just a light powdering over the top keeps this set easily for the day + longer, my current favourite powder with this is the Nars Light Reflecting Pressed Powder.

My shade is Intensity 1.0 and on my NC15 skin I find this a great and natural looking match. (arm swatch above). I will certainly be replacing this when its all gone. The only thing that I see as a slight downside is how the lid gets filled with product after use and a bit messy - its worth coping with :)