Becca Concealer compact

4.1

Medium Cover: Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Paraffin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Octyldodecanol, Petrolatum, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax), Magnesium Myristate, Cetyl Palmitate, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax), Tocopherol, Oleth-10, Propylene Glycol, BHT, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Citric Acid, Parfum (Fragrance) and may contain: [ /- Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Red 36 CI 12085, Yellow 6 Lake CI 15985, Yellow 5 Lake CI 19140, Ultramarines CI 77007, Carmine CI 75470, Chromium Oxide Greens CI 77288] Extra Cover: Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Paraffin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Octyldodecanol, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax), Magnesium Myristate, Cetyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Petrolatum, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax), Oleth-10, Propylene Glycol, BHT, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Citric Acid, Parfum (Fragrance) and may contain: [ /- Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Ultramarines CI 77007, Yellow 6 Lake CI 15985, Chromium Oxide Greens CI 77288, Yellow 5 Lake CI 19140, Carmine CI 75470, Red 36 CI 12085]

on 10/16/2010 5:53:00 AM

I used tons of concealers: Bobbi Brown, Chanel, Clinique, GA, you name it. And I bumped into this. This is not any better, even if it costs a fortune. It has two different textures: one creamier for the undereyes and the other thicker for blemishes and imperfections. It is very easy to blend, does not cake and has a very good coverage. But it lasts 5 minutes . The packaging looks cheap (the rubber gets all dirty). No staying power whatsoever on dry skin and for 30 it is plain baaaaddd.

on 10/15/2010 10:11:00 PM

I have tried countless undereye concealers only to be disappointed. My purchase before Becca was the ridiculously expensive Cle de Peau, which I rationalized by saying that if it really worked it was worth it, but the color was off and with only 2 others to choose from, I am not going back that route. Becca has a great color range. My skin tans easily in summer and is pale with yellowish undertones in winter (definitely I look better when sunkissed!) Allergies give me horrible undereye circles. Becca in Macadamia brightened that area without being too "pinky" and covered the circles without going gray. Only thing that came close before was Trish McEvoy's even skin duo concealer in the pan, and they discontinued that. Hooray - may have found the new standby!!

on 9/13/2010 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I bought this from Becca's online website and while it retails for $38, I got 25% off from a promotion code. I typically use MAC concealers for under my eyes and any random dark spots, especially the Studio Finish because of the SPF and the soon to be discontinued Select Moisturecover because it's moisturizing. Any way, I love Becca's concealer so much more! It's really creamy and it melts into the skin. Plus it's a duo: there is a lighter formula for medium coverage and a heavier one for full coverage. I use the medium coverage one for my undereye area and it blends well with my fingers, does not crease. Using a brush is equally as effective but I still like to use my fingers afterwards to warm the product even more. Set with powder, and it just looks like skin.

So yeah, this concealer will last me a long time because I don't need a lot, but I will buy again whenever I run out. Hopefully I'll get lucky again with another discount so I won't have to pay full price, b/c this stuff is expensive. The shade I use is Syrup. I also use the foundation stick in the same shade, and the tinted moisturizer in Tobacco, and I have not been disappointed by Becca at all so far (starting buying from them more than 6 mos ago). For reference, I wear C7 in MAC.

on 8/30/2010 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Purchased the duo concealer from Duane Reade less than a week ago b/c I'd been jonesing for Becca concealers for almost 2 years now. After hours of trying different shades I bought Treacle in both the concealer and foundation though they don't correspond exactly. - $89 total. I held off on the tinted moisturizer - even though it looks and feels amazing on my skin - it includes parabens (*sigh*). Anyway treacle seemed to dissolve my horrendous, prize-fighter under-eye circles and compliment my pink tones in-store of course but I was wrong, Treacle is a yellow/golden/olive and it's going back. The formulation (both sides) is creamier than I expected but still somewhat firm and goes on super well with fingers, a brush or a sponge though the sponge always absorbs more. It does work on my circles better than anything else I've used (alone) and felt smooth but is still too yellow/olive. Also watch your primer because this will crease and I needed a re-app earlier than I'm used to. It didn't feel dry on me but did cake up when I tried the lighter side along my jawline and other areas making me look truck stop so be careful. The packaging itself is the best design in the world. Small, adorable, great mirror and most of all the easiest thing in the world to open and close and retrieve product from, not a slippery, cheapish plastic (YOU: Eve Pearl) - they should win an award. I'll return it for Truffle or Hazelnut which I hope is a better undertone match and if so I'll definitely need to play with it more to figure out how best to work it for my needs.

on 4/30/2010 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Perfect colour match and beautiful finish at first and cute compact. The downside is it oxidised like crazy and left muddy-looking patches on my skin where it has been applied. I looked like I slept in a dirty alley. Eeeew!

This concealer is great! The coverage is full and it is split in half with one shade that is more creamy (for under the eyes) and one that is a little more dense (for blemishes and spots). It is thick and not very creamy but at the same time it is super pigmented. I use this with a concealer brush because it blends better than with my fingers and you barely need anything! Long wearing too. Just make sure that if you use it under the eyes to use a good eye cream first so that there is no creasing. Would buy again!

on 4/3/2010 2:55:00 AM

expensice, used to be mom's had my own, lost it in horsham. this color was light but i got gradually paler, the cap came off. I had this forever. sometimes would rub off, very heavy concealer, used to use it when i was totally broken out and had to get facial treatments in upper darby. whoever helped me pick it out at sephora was very nice.

on 12/13/2009 12:35:00 PM

At $38, this concealer is ridiculously expensive, but I like it even more than I expected I would.

Becca has so many shades available that I was able to find a great color match.

The compact contains two consistencies of concealer--a thicker one for blemishes and a creamier one for under eyes. On my semi-dry skin, this lasts all day and the under eye concealer doesn't collect in my fine lines. The trick, according to Becca's website, is to apply the concealer with a brush and roll your finger over it to warm up the product and blend it with the skin. It would be better if this additional finger step weren't necessary, but it does work well.

The hidden gem with this product--the thing it offers that I didn't even know I needed--is the tiny mirror on the inside lid. I've found myself using the mirror to get an up-close look at my skin (especially nasty blemishes) as I apply with a fine-tipped brush. It's such a silly little thing, but it really sets this product apart from all the other concealers I've tried.

In spite of the price, I will likely repurchase.

on 7/19/2009 11:19:00 AM

This concealer pot is split in half - one side for medium cover and the other for a heavier cover. I use it in Toffee to hide blemishes - it works and lasts all day BUT at 30 a pot it really it too expensive. I'm only using it until I can find a slightly cheaper alternative....

on 6/30/2009 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

Love it. Am using the lighter texture on the right for undereyes and so far no creasing or .caking. I can put mmu right over and looks seamless. RIS (thanks Meri!) and I would def buy again.

Top Rated Becca Products