Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Milk

3.8

Water/Aqua, Alcohol, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Glycerin, Fermented Grain Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bentonite, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Citronellol 5/29/09

on 1/25/2013 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I love this cleanser! Very gentle cleanser, never irritates my sensitive skin, does not break me out. However it does not remove make-up well. I have to use it a lot, and even then some foundation is left on my face. (It's great cleanser for morning or days when I do not use make-up)
Love the smooth feeling afterwords, feels really clean and does not dry out skin.
Cons:
1) Does not remove make up well
2) Expensive - $36.99 at Whole Foods
3) Contains Jojoba Seed Oil and Almond Oil that can cause breakouts
Pros:
1) Great cleanser for mornings or "make-up free" days
2) Great for normal to dry skin (it never dries out my skin)
3) Lasts for about 4 months
5) Removes my make-up completely after using it first with a cotton pad, then the 2nd time with Clarisonic Mia.
UPDATE: I am not sure but I think this cleanser was breaking me out a bit (from Jojoba oil in it). I switched to much cheaper version - Ponds Towelettes that is easier to use, removes all make-up and my skin got better.

on 12/1/2012 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This product absolutley cannot remove foundation. I've tried just taking of liquid foundation, Powder foundation, and mascara and this product is awful. I ran a cotton pad with toner over my skin after and it was practically orange from all the makeup left on my skin. On the other hand on days when I wore just liner and no skin makeup this cleanser was lovely, gentle and smelt incredible. However I started breaking out long before I realized this product was not taking off my makeup properly so for that reason willl never buy again. I like my cleansers to cleanse my skin thoroughly. If you don't wear makeup and are looking for something gentle then this is for you!

on 11/14/2012 2:40:00 PM

I wear a lot of makeup. I use the Cleansing Milk to remove it. This is how I do it:
1) I use wet wipes like SANTE's Facial Cleansing Tissues.
2) I wet my face, neck and cleavage (I wear foundation there as well) and put two pumps of the Cleansing Milk on and remove it with a gentle facial sponge. I splash with warm water.
3) There will still be some eye makeup left. I get a damp cotton pad and add one pump of the Cleansing Milk. With it I take the rest of the makeup off.
Afterwards I will clean my face the Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Cream and use the Dr. Hauschka Clarifying Toner. Then it's off to bed (without moisturizer!).

The Cleansing Milk is the most gentle and effective organic makeup remover I ever tried. I love the feel of it on my skin. Also I know that after I used it all(!) of my makeup is gone. One bottle lasts me for about two months.

on 9/30/2012 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

The Dr. Hauschka Cleaning Milk is the first step to my night time routine. I was recommended the cleansing milk to remove my make up and it does an absolutely wonderful job. I use a medium coverage foundation and wear a small amount of mascara, shadow and liquid liner on my eye and this product gets it off.

The cleansing milk is rich and comforting to my dry skin and removes most or all of my makeup depending on the day. The milk is a wonderful predecessor to the cleansing cream as it allows the rest of the products in the system to penetrate and work on the skin.

I recommend this product to users with dry skin and people who wear minimal to medium coverage makeup. If you use foaming cleansers you may find that the product will hydrate you face and prevent against over drying.

Tips:
1. For users who do not wear waterproof mascara: When trying to remove eye makeup I recommend using a little bit of warm water with the milk around the eye area to break down the mascara, it is a gentler and quicker method that I use.

2. I usually use 2-3 pumps to remove my makeup , after splashing some warm water on my face I work the product in small circular motions and wipe of excess makeup with a cotton pad or tissue then rinse and use a face cloth.

3. I advise anyone using this product to try the cleansing cream in the line, the two work together wonderfully.

4. Like all Dr. Hauschka products you don't need much for it to work.

Key words: comforting, soothing, gentle, hydrating, leaves skin fresh and bare.

on 7/13/2012 2:29:00 PM

This is a great cleanser for morning; I actually look forward to using it and my skin feels soft and looks glowy afterwards. It has a thin creamy consistency and a clean herbal-ish scent that isn't strong at all. Packaging may turn some ppl off because it's glass, but as I said in my review for Rose Day Cream, Hauschka products contain few, if any, preservatives, so they don't fare well in plastic. If I'm flying I usually either bring a mini-size from the travel kit or skip it altogether and just bring a solid makeup remover and an Aveeno Moisturizing Bar to save room for other liquids in the limited baggie space.
This brings me to the most important point. This isn't up to the task of removing modern foundations, especially not industrial-strength long lasting formulas. I never rely on it for that, and if that's an important criterion for you, skip this altogether. I use it after I've already removed makeup with a makeup remover (Clinique Take -the-Day-Off balm, Garnier Cleansing Wipes, or my newly discovered Mustela PhysiObebe No-rinse Cleansing Fluid and cotton pads, sorry for the missing accents on that last product). DH Cleansing Milk just removes any residue from m/u removers and leaves my face feeling soft yet clean. Trying to remove makeup with it would be a frustrating and wasteful experience because you'll end up using half the bottle and only spreading makeup all over your face.
I knocked off a point b/c it's so expensive. My advice regarding DH products is to wait for Whole Foods' semi-annual (or annual, idr) Dr. Hauschka sale. I think they're something like 20% off. Somebody also mentioned ordering online.

on 12/7/2011 10:35:00 PM

I like this cleanser a lot. However, it is not a makeup remover. It is a nice pick-me-up skin refresher in the morning. It is mild, but not TOO mild. It is perfect as a morning facial cleanser.

on 12/1/2011 8:43:00 PM

I have been using dr. Hauschka products for about 3 months. This is the product that I thought id skip buying because I already had an oil cleanser to remove my make up. But everytime I passed by the hauschka display the cleansing milk always called my name! Finally I saw that soap.com had a pretty good sale and bought it. It is well worth the money. I love everything about this cream cleanser. The smell, the consistancy and the bottle with the pump. I have put 4 stars because I hae not used this long enough to claim any effects but the good thing is it has not broken me out or anything. Some reviews stated that it didn't take off all of the makeup. I still use an oil cleanser first just to take all the sunscreen and makeup off. Then I use this cleanser with my clarisonic just to make my face extra clean. This regime has worked for me so far so I will continue to use and update with any changes.

on 11/19/2011 8:17:00 PM

Love love love this! I use only this in the mornings to cleanse. In the evenings I use it as a makeup remover before a gel cleanser. It is non-drying and very suitable for my combination skin. I recommend it for sensitive skin and colder climates - although I live near the equator and it is constantly humid. Still works fine!

on 10/19/2011 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

As others point out, does not do a great job of taking off makeup. I don't wear very much so this is not a deal-killer for me. I love the smell and how wonderful my face feels after I use it. Very soft and not tight.

I love this cleanser. It is really gentle, and does not strip the moisture layer from your skin at all. It has a very mild natural scent that doesn't irritate, and my skin feels nourished, plump, and dewy when I use it.

Other reviewers are right in saying it doesn't take off makeup that well, unless you are using Dr. Haushka's makeup, which this takes off easily.

I love the glass bottle and the pump which distributes just the right amount. You need very little at all. This is a cream cleanser, so I recommend having your face wet before you apply it so the small amount needed can distribute nicely.

In the summertime when I am more oily, I use a different, more cleansing cleanser about once a week to remove any excess oils.

Lasts a LONG time. One 5 oz bottle lasts 5 - 6 months.