July 31, 2014 | 981 users online

Cleansers - Dr. Hauschka - Cleansing Milk

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2011 9:30:00 PM More reviews by apparently

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

As others point out, does not do a great job of taking off makeup. I don't wear very much so this is not a deal-killer for me. I love the smell and how wonderful my face feels after I use it. Very soft and not tight.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2011 11:43:00 AM More reviews by orphansparrow

I love this cleanser. It is really gentle, and does not strip the moisture layer from your skin at all. It has a very mild natural scent that doesn't irritate, and my skin feels nourished, plump, and dewy when I use it.

Other reviewers are right in saying it doesn't take off makeup that well, unless you are using Dr. Haushka's makeup, which this takes off easily.

I love the glass bottle and the pump which distributes just the right amount. You need very little at all. This is a cream cleanser, so I recommend having your face wet before you apply it so the small amount needed can distribute nicely.

In the summertime when I am more oily, I use a different, more cleansing cleanser about once a week to remove any excess oils.

Lasts a LONG time. One 5 oz bottle lasts 5 - 6 months.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by jenjen8000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I initially bought a Dr h starter kit and loved all the products. For years I have struggled with extremely dry skin that nothing, and I mean nothing, could fix. The Dr h regime worked amazingly at first, skin tone became nice, even and appeared dewy and I had lots of positive comments from people. The only negative I found was that the cleansing milk wasn't removing my make-up thoroughly enough. I persevered, tried to use more product and repeat cleansing until my skin seemed clean but this is very time consuming. This was back in April and over the past month my chin has broken out in huge spots and these are now also appearing in other areas. I'm pretty sure it's the Cleanser not doing its job. I'm so gutted as it balances my skin well. I'm going to try an alternative Cleanser to remove my mineral make-up first then follow this with my usual Dr h regime to see if that does the trick. If do I will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2011 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Caa

Pros:
- In winter - no dry patches and doesn't dry the skin too much so didn't get excessively oily face from it either. Very balanced skin with zero breakouts (!).
- A healthy dewy glow (not greasy-ish) after cleansing
- Best cleansing milk I've tried in regards to skincleansing effect (compared to Korres Orange blossom, Vichy Cleansing milk etc.)
- Light formula
- Packaging looks nice on the bathroom shelf :)

Cons:
- Summer - ok but feels like I'd like to have something more cleansing for summer. A toner works though. Considering the cleanser probably has oils in it you might experience a feeling that it leaves a film - great in winter, not so nice during summer.
- See many complained that it you need an extra wash after cleansing but that is true for many cleansers if make-up isn't removed before cleansing of skin.
- Has a strong scent and not recommended if sensitive to that.
- Finishes quite fast if used for make-up removal but lasts longer if only used for cleansing of skin (then a smaller amount works fine).
-Not ideal for make-up removal.
-It's hard to get out everything from the glassbottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2011 3:55:00 AM More reviews by Suki1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love Dr. Hauschka products, the concept behind them is fantastic and I wanted to love this one, but unfortunately I'm not very impressed with it.
It works well enough removing Dr Hauschka make-up products and fair enough, this is probably what it was designed for. However, it does not work very well if you are using other make-up products. You have to use way too much of it, so it does not last long enough to justify the price and I still always felt like my face needed another wash afterwards.

Am giving it 3 lippies as it does work for what it was designed for, to remove Dr. Hauschka make-up. However, I won't be purchasing this one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by chrizzistine

I started off with the trial kit and fell in love with this cleanser so I bought the full size version. It takes a while to get use to it if you're used to foaming cleansers!

I apply it on a damp face and gently massage it in for a couple of minutes. I then wipe off what is left with a facecloth. I've learned that the key to properly cleaning skin is to be gentle! If it's the morning, I follow up with the facial toner, rose or quince day cream, and sunscreen. In the evenings, I use the facial toner and let my skin breathe without moisturizer.

It's been three weeks now and my skin is soft, smooth, and glowing. My pores look clean and smaller.

I have no issues with the packaging, although it is a bit more challenging to carry a glass bottle in my gym case.

Only downside to this product is the price but to me it's worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2011 5:47:00 PM More reviews by manderly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Gross. Just, gross. And I like a cream cleanser - Evan Healy was lovely. This one doesn't rinse off well and leaves a seriously slimy film on my face. I've done OCM, so I get having a film, but don't tell me to rinse something off if I should use a warm washcloth to remove. I was really surprised not to like Dr. Hauschka - I've been dying to try it for years, and I thank the saleswoman who talked me into trying Evan Healy instead. I have not liked a single product in the Dr. Hauschka kit I purchase. Overpriced and unimpressive.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 10:25:00 AM More reviews by hippihanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate this. I have really oily skin and wear make up everyday, this does not get my face clean and since my skin is acne prone I really need a cleanser to wash everything off and slough off dead skin other wise my skin breaks out like mad. This cleanser seems to leave some film on the skin which feels gross and my pores feel more clogged than ever. Maybe it'd be better to just use it in the morning and wash proper in the evenings so it'd be just gentle washing in the morning?!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2011 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Sunflowie

Product was very gentle and had a very natural smelling scent. If you pass by the beauty product aisle's at organic supermarkets (i.e. trader joes, whole foods, etc) it kinda smells like that. I like that it's milky but it takes some effort to make sure that all of the product comes off when you cleanse your face with water. I use a facial sponge when using this product, but I love how it doesn't strip my skin of natural oils, which some cleansers do. It is kind of pricey (almost 30 bucks) but compared to other dr. hauschka products, it is on the cheaper end of the spectrum.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2011 9:04:00 AM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I didn't like this product at all. The first thing I noticed about it was a strong perfumy fragrance reminiscent of men's cologne. It didn't rinse cleanly. Even washing it off with a washcloth wasn't enough. I could still feel a film, so I followed with a foaming cleanser to remove all of the residue. It also irritated my sensitive skin (probably due to the alcohol and fragrance). There are much better (and cheaper) natural cleansers available.

Ingredients: Water, Alcohol, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Jojoba Seed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Apricot Kernel Oil, Glycerin, Fermented Grain Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bentonite, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Fragrance, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Citronellol.