January 31, 2015 | 2098 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Active Naturals Eczema Care Moisturizing Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by juniebug008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product is a miracle-maker for me. During the winter, I get very dry, itchy spots on my face (usually around my mouth and nose, sometimes around my eyes). I recently had the same problem and only noticed AFTER I put on some heavy foundation and saw that I looked like my entire face was peeling off. When I have difficulty with dry spots (or eczema), I know I can count on this product to fix it. If I dab some of the cream onto my problem spots and wait a few minutes for it to absorb, I can apply my foundation like I normally would. Definitely prevents early morning freak-outs when my skin is being problematic. :) Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by mild_breakout

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have occasional flare-ups of eczema on my fingers, right hand only. It has recently gotten worse and I've started developing rashes on my arms as well. My arms and fingers were in SO MUCH PAIN that I was just feeling depressed. I also started developing some eczema dry patches on my face, and it was so itchy... so I started looking for a remedy. I'm so thankful that I thought about searching on MUA for reviews and product suggestions, and I was willing to give ANYTHING a try. I stumbled upon the Aveeno Eczema Care cream review and decided to give it a try. Am I ever glad I did. I got it the morning after I read the reviews, applied it immediately after I got to the office, and noticed a difference almost right away. My arms didn't itch at all that day, and the scabs from the scratching are now healing after about 4 days of use. My fingers are no longer in pain, and the cream has soften the scaly dry skin that it comes off. I'm now experiencing a flare up, but I applied the cream and it's actually calm... though I still see the redness from a possible flare-up. I also put some on my face and it now feels so soft and itchiness is gone. I think this cream is great for eczema or even sensitive skin without eczema. The oatmeal is probably the soothing agent that works well for calming the flare-ups. It's non-greasy and absorbs very well. I don't consider it pricey at all, at least I found what works for me. It's around CAD14 for 166 ml.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by AnaItzel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oh my goodness! I am so thankful I finally decided to try this. I'd been having skin problems for about a year or so. I would get really ugly dry patches around my nose and around my eyebrows, that would look even worse with makeup on. I seriously tried everything! I tried Ponds, Cetaphil, Cerave, Neutrogena, olive oil, Vaseline, exfoliating. If you can think of it, I've tried it! I had seen this a few times, but I don't have eczema so I was really iffy about it. So finally I decided I would try this since I was so tired of having these things on my face, and it worked! i seriously saw results after the first try! I would buy this over and over again, no questions asked.
If you're having problems with dry skin, try this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 2:21:00 AM More reviews by jjtam1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HD Product! I've suffered from eczema for 7+yrs. I get dry, red, itchy, flaky patches all over my face throughout the week, especially if I'm stressed.
I've tried steroid creams (they've thinned my skin due to overuse), Avene Cold Cream (good product, but really expensive in Australia for 50ml) and other moisturisers from Avene, with no satisfactory results.
Until Aveeno! Once I apply this cream liberally on my face, my skin doesn't try out within the hour (I had to reapply very often with my other moisturisers), and I've had no serious eczema outbreaks since my 3 month use.
I may get red patches during stressful times, but when I team this cream with the Hamilton Skin Active Urederm Cleanser, my skin has never been so soothed, moisturised and eczema free. I love this cream and will be repurchasing it, even though it costs me $20, and I go through a tube every 2 months!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 2:20:00 AM More reviews by Sanabarakzai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yeah, I was a skeptic before but now I'm a believer. I had this awful eczema outbreak for the first time in over a year, and after trying everything, I decided to look for solutions online. I came across this and decided I'd give it a try, and I'm glad I did! I hasn't even been a whole 12 hours since I've been using it, but the progress I'm seeing already is so astounding :) it won't go away entirely so quickly, but you should be able to see some pretty comforting results within a day's use! Before, I had a massive round red mark on my face and now it's already way lighter and much softer. No itch either! I hope this works out for everyone as well as it's already worked for me :) will definitely continue using! Good luck :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by ashebrook

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Thank you Aveeno!! I have developed atopic dermatitis around my eyes over the last six months. It comes and goes and while it is unsightly, I prefer to not use steroids around my eyes. This Aveeno cream has been a godsend. As soon as I start to feel the tell-tale tingling that signals a flare-up, I start slathering this cream on. Without the Aveeno, my eyes will swell and my skin will be violently red, skaly and itchy. With the Aveeno, all of that is minimal and resolves within a day. I hope this product is always available.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by elizabethdidyoueat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i developed eczema over a year ago on my face (i'm 25) and have generally dry, itchy skin all over. my skin is both sensitive and reactive. i use aveeno eczema therapy moisturizing cream directly after washing my face at night* (for my face wash, i use mustela stelatopia cream cleanser morning & night). this cream has helped tremendously when nothing else has. my dermatologist recommended cerave, but i like this cream a lot better! *i cannot use this cream in the morning before applying makeup. it is sticky and thick, so makeup does not take to it well.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2012 9:42:00 AM More reviews by elka_knits

My husband bought this for me so I have no idea of the price. I have suffered from eczema outbreaks for years and lately on my hands. A couple of fingers looked as if somebody had poked them with needles and were sore and cracked. So stiff and red and painful looking. Feeling too! My fingers still look tight and the dry but the redness, cracking and pin hole looking marks are gone. It has only been a week of sporadic use so color me pleased.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by prettyandsweet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product worked great for me and my mother! I don't think I have eczema but I did used to get these red bumps all over my face for no reason that itched really badly and made my skin peel (only when I was at school so it had to be something custodians were cleaning with, or weren't cleaning with, that I was allergic to). And my mom gets really irritated, red and itchy on her chest when she eats certain foods. So she decided to buy this and let me tell you this definitely works for us! My itchiness is gone, peeling is gone! My mom's rash comes and goes but when she applies this stuff it calms the rash down.
Plus it leaves your skin so soft. If it doesn't work for rash or eczema for you at least it can be used as a moisturizer, I think.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2012 5:26:00 AM More reviews by azcohn

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this and the A-derma Exomega cream for my daughter who has chronic eczema. They both work to a certain extent - she likes this one a little more because it smells better and because it isn't as goopy (it's also much less expensive). Neither cream permanently solves the problem (does anything?) but she's considerably less itchy and scabby, which is a big accomplishment. I'd buy it again.