September 23, 2014 | 1840 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Active Naturals Eczema Care Moisturizing Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 2:20:00 AM More reviews by Sanabarakzai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yeah, I was a skeptic before but now I'm a believer. I had this awful eczema outbreak for the first time in over a year, and after trying everything, I decided to look for solutions online. I came across this and decided I'd give it a try, and I'm glad I did! I hasn't even been a whole 12 hours since I've been using it, but the progress I'm seeing already is so astounding :) it won't go away entirely so quickly, but you should be able to see some pretty comforting results within a day's use! Before, I had a massive round red mark on my face and now it's already way lighter and much softer. No itch either! I hope this works out for everyone as well as it's already worked for me :) will definitely continue using! Good luck :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by ashebrook

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Thank you Aveeno!! I have developed atopic dermatitis around my eyes over the last six months. It comes and goes and while it is unsightly, I prefer to not use steroids around my eyes. This Aveeno cream has been a godsend. As soon as I start to feel the tell-tale tingling that signals a flare-up, I start slathering this cream on. Without the Aveeno, my eyes will swell and my skin will be violently red, skaly and itchy. With the Aveeno, all of that is minimal and resolves within a day. I hope this product is always available.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by elizabethdidyoueat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i developed eczema over a year ago on my face (i'm 25) and have generally dry, itchy skin all over. my skin is both sensitive and reactive. i use aveeno eczema therapy moisturizing cream directly after washing my face at night* (for my face wash, i use mustela stelatopia cream cleanser morning & night). this cream has helped tremendously when nothing else has. my dermatologist recommended cerave, but i like this cream a lot better! *i cannot use this cream in the morning before applying makeup. it is sticky and thick, so makeup does not take to it well.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2012 9:42:00 AM More reviews by elka_knits

My husband bought this for me so I have no idea of the price. I have suffered from eczema outbreaks for years and lately on my hands. A couple of fingers looked as if somebody had poked them with needles and were sore and cracked. So stiff and red and painful looking. Feeling too! My fingers still look tight and the dry but the redness, cracking and pin hole looking marks are gone. It has only been a week of sporadic use so color me pleased.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by prettyandsweet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product worked great for me and my mother! I don't think I have eczema but I did used to get these red bumps all over my face for no reason that itched really badly and made my skin peel (only when I was at school so it had to be something custodians were cleaning with, or weren't cleaning with, that I was allergic to). And my mom gets really irritated, red and itchy on her chest when she eats certain foods. So she decided to buy this and let me tell you this definitely works for us! My itchiness is gone, peeling is gone! My mom's rash comes and goes but when she applies this stuff it calms the rash down.
Plus it leaves your skin so soft. If it doesn't work for rash or eczema for you at least it can be used as a moisturizer, I think.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2012 5:26:00 AM More reviews by azcohn

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this and the A-derma Exomega cream for my daughter who has chronic eczema. They both work to a certain extent - she likes this one a little more because it smells better and because it isn't as goopy (it's also much less expensive). Neither cream permanently solves the problem (does anything?) but she's considerably less itchy and scabby, which is a big accomplishment. I'd buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2012 8:12:00 AM More reviews by Javajabbers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This goes into the huge heap of "did nothing for me" products that I've tried for my eczema. In fact, it was so heavy that it just made the rash itch worse. I was so hopeful, too, because I love other Aveeno products. I adore the face wash and hand lotion, but this is two thumbs down for me.

For those with eczema that doesn't respond to this, try Amlactin. I stumbled upon it and am sold!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by leslieal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow, this is the best moisturizer I have ever tried! Who knew? My skin is very sensitive in winter and can get incredibly dry (both hands & body)...red cracks around my knuckles and eczema pops up periodically. I tried Eucerin and Avene and liked Avene more, but still wasn't stellar. The Eucerin Calming Creme wasn't as easy to spread as I would have liked (Elmer's Glue) and it didn't stop some of the itching that happens on my driest days (usually my legs). I also had to wrestle with the cap on the Eucerine...the flip cap became very stubborn as time went by. I purchased the Aveeno fragrance free shower gel and had decent luck with it, so I went looking for a coordinating lotion. I wanted something that wasn't either mineral oil or silicone plus another ingredient or two. Silicone "skin protectant" doesn't do it for me. Coating my skin isn't the same as real help. So, I found this cream at the DS and took a chance. Niiiice! My hands not only look moisturized, but healthy and younger! The skin around my knuckles, knees, and elbows look and feel so much better! It also took care of my itchy legs and I really feel my skin is moisturized for hours. I apply once a day after my shower and am good to go; I do reapply to my hands, though. It spreads easily and dries fragrance free; the initial straight-from-the-tube fragrance is a little odd (gluestick?) but again it is gone in no time. I will absolutely rebuy and definitely recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by ohgeebus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I get localized eczema breakouts on my hands, specifically in my finger creases. Periodically, a layer of skin peels off my fingers, and then it's really painful to bend my fingers until my skin grows back. It's gross.
I felt like this cream doesn't completely solve the issue, but it definitely helps with my eczema. I've been using this for about 4 months, and I have only had one eczema breakout. The cream is very moisturizing and it absorbs well into my skin.
The real test is that I'm starting my swim season next week, and I'm not sure if the lotion will be able to combat the irritating effects of the chlorine.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a nice, rich, fragrance-free body cream, but alas, it does nothing for my son's eczema. Plus, it's rather pricy. I won't repurchase.

Active Ingredients: Colloidal Oatmeal (1%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Panthenol, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Oat Kernel Oil, Steareth 20, Oat Kernel Extract, Benzalkonium Chloride, Ceramide NP, Sodium Chloride. continued >>