Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

4.8

Nylon 60% Polyester 40%

on 12/24/2014 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I've been hearing about Salux for a while before I finally took the plunge early this year. I was going through scrubs at a fast (and expensive) rate so I wanted something that would be a reusable one-time purchase. I'm definitely not disappointed, and I wish I had gotten one sooner as they're easier to use and more effective than exfoliating scrubs.

The texture is very rough, like steel wool if it were made of nylon and polyester. When I first got it I was disappointed because I thought it would be too rough on my skin. However, I soon learned that I with this product I don't have to do the scrubbing and I can just lightly rub it against my skin since it does all the work for me. Over time, it's gotten slightly less rough but not to the point where its efficacy has been compromised. I do know there are "soft" versions available of similar bath towels for people with more sensitive skin though.

I bunch it up a bit to use on the front of my chest and arms, but I use the full length of it for my back and to do my legs. I prop one leg up on a ledge in my shower, place the center of the Salux underneath my leg with one end in each hand, and then lightly rub it back and forth going down the length of my leg. I do the front of my legs and my back in a similar manner, and then bunch it up to use on the soles of my feet too. This makes my shower routine quick, yet I feel cleaner than before and my skin is softer (especially elbows and knees).

This rinses cleanly and dries overnight (I hang it on a shower hook). I've been using the same one for many months now and it hasn't fallen apart like nylon shower loofahs, or started to pill like microfiber bath towels. It's definitely replaced all my other shower accessories.

Overall, this has made my exfoliating routine quicker and more effective. I think it's worth a shot for anyone who enjoys nylon loofahs or scrubs, but wants something longer-lasting, easier to use, and cheaper.

on 12/18/2014 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Oh how I love this thing! I have gone through two over the last 6 years, and that only because I worked my last one harder than most people would (see below). It's amazing for my skin in the winter. The flaking and scaliness is way improved. And it feels soooo good to scrub with it. I don't find the texture to be too rough. If you work quickly in circles, it's actually very gentle. If you scrub hard back and forth, it's great for areas like feet. And you can unfurl it to scrub your own back! Perfection.

This is also of major use to me in the summer after gardening. When dirt and sport sunscreen meet, they create a very stubborn film. Ditto for sunscreen and sand at the beach. This scrubby towel completely gets rid of that even when you're using a gentle sls-free soap. I don't feel clean in the summer without my salux towel. I only had to replace my first one because it was stained with dirt and looked a little gross.

It retains its scrubby texture for years without coming loose like those pointless shower poufs. It dries really quickly and rolls up small so it's perfect for traveling.

on 12/5/2014 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Awesome product! About a year and a half ago I started using this with Dr. Woods Black Soap, and I'll never look back. Bacne...gone! Overall skin texture...like butter! I love that I can throw these in the washer. I use the same cloth for a week then replace with a clean one. The cloths get pilled up and stringy after six months or so, so I just order a new set of 3 by then. They certainly are affordable enough to do that.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I got this as a free gift in a food store many years ago. This towel lasted for a long time, like years, and it scrubbed well. Reminds me of Madina's Kese cloth and is better than today's loofahs. It helped to mitigate the discoloration on the back of my neck and elbows as well.

on 11/18/2014 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Bought this after reading so many rave reviews on MU Alley and I have to admit it is such a fantastic product! I love exfoliating my skin but got tired of finding scrubs that weren't grainy enough and didn't like mixing my own sugar concoction in the shower. So I purchased this online and I have used it everyday for the past year, it is truly a miracle product. It exfoliates so well, it is definitely rougher than most things I used to exfoliate with but it works perfectly well for my normal skin. You need the smallest amount of body wash and it lathers up so well, leaves my skin feeling so soft and healthy. It hasn't changed one bit in the past year and perfectly usable. I was initially worried it would start to shed but its stayed the same and I'm so happy. I always take it with me when travelling and if it did decide to disintegrate on me (which I hope it wont!) I would purchase another straight away! Its a great product, you need to try it!

on 11/16/2014 9:12:00 PM

I have three of these from Amazon for 11.99. These are almost like a pot scrubber pad texture only for humans. I love how they exfoliate without the mess of a scrub. I have used this twice. They rinse clean and dry overnight. Definitely recommend.

Update: my face has been unusually dry this winter, constantly peeling and flaking no matter how much I exfoliate and moisturizer. Looks really awful- peeling forehead, cheeks, chin, even spots on my nose. I looked into dry brushing and ordered a facial brush on Amazon but couldn't wait for it. In desperation, I tried a dry Salux cloth on my face and it worked perfectly! I dry scrubbed all the peeling skin off my face and then washed and moisturized. For the first time this winter my skin is smooth and flakeless. It feels a little harsh when scrubbing but very stimulating and no sign of irritation afterward. Probably not for the sensitive and not something I would do often but very effective. I will have to see how long the effect lasts.

on 10/27/2014 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

These towels are so amazing, I buy them in bulk. They arent expensive and great quality.

on 10/26/2014 6:59:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have been wanting to try these out for years, but never purchased online. I found a different brand at TJMaxx of the same type of nylon, scrubby washcloth & figured it was pretty much the same thing. Picked up the real deal in Hawaii & there is no comparison!! Salux is amazing! Much better quality, finer scrub rather than a harsh scrape on the skin. Needless to say I stocked up :)

on 9/26/2014 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I don't know how I lived without these things. I have three so that I'm never without it no matter where I'm traveling to. At first it feels too abrasive but after one or two uses you're used to it and it feels AMAZING. The skin on my knees and elbows are like new now especially if I follow up with an oil, the exfoliation is that good after only a few uses. Some might find it too much for everyday use but I certainly don't, I haven't used a regular wash cloth (except for...you know, there) in almost four years.

on 9/18/2014 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Bought this based on MUA reviews. Got a set of three from Amazon. It is just wonderful for my dry, bumpy skin. So soft after using for a couple of weeks. I love how long it is so that I can get my back. Do not scrub too hard, just let the fabric do the work. Plan to buy more.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools