April 18, 2014 | 1577 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I bought this after reading the exemplary reviews on a beauty blog and on MUA. I use it on my legs which are always dry and my upper arms and back which are acne prone. On my legs it does leave my skin softer but my dry brush was doing that as well. But to me the best thing was that the parts of my body that tend to attract ingrained dirt seemed much cleaner but it's still hard to reach spots like the middle of your back. I also like that it dries fast. I am counting on it not disintegrating after a few uses like most poufs do. It seems sturdy enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by sherry628

This really is a great bath towel if you're into exfoliating. I use it twice a week (never on the face) and it gives me such soft and glowing skin before I put lotion on. But the lotion just glides and absorbs beautifully. I also dry brush before every shower to boost my lymphatic system and I think using this towel only helps stimulate it even more.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 8:01:00 AM More reviews by CupcakesAndUnicorns

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't know how I ever thought my skin was soft before I used this cloth. Those little meshy poof things and fancy body scrubs are NOTHING compared to the Salux, which is deliciously scratchy and capable of some badass exfoliation.The first time I used it, I felt like my skin was going to split open! However, within a week I was used to the sensation and will now scrub away quite happily. I use this in the mornings - It really wakes up my mind and body and gets my circulation going.

Because it dries so quickly (like 20 minutes, tops) the Salux is way more sanitary than anything else, but it's machine washable if you want that extra peace of mind. Apparently it lasts well for years too.

I've been using this religiously for 2 months and the results have been wonderful. Besides the all over baby-soft skin, my shaves are closer and the KP on the back of my upper arms has practically disappeared. There aren't any bumps left at all, just a few red dots which I'm pretty sure will vanish eventually. My skin is always smooth and soft now even without body lotion (which takes it to a whole different level, but isn't necessary if you use a moisturising soap with your Salux).

I bought a pack of 2 from the online Salux Shop (do NOT order off ebay or Amazon, too many fakes) and was over the moon with the customer service I received. Shipping was free from the US to South Africa and my package took about 2 weeks to arrive, which is pretty reasonable for most internationally shipped stuff. Joie (the lady in charge of the online shop) even included a lovely, personally signed little note.

Really, I can find nothing negative to say about this product. Just a reliable, affordable way to get smooth, soft skin. IMO everyone should have one of these little cloths in their shower.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Rsanzio

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love these. There is nothing that makes you feel better than going for a good steam or soak, having a good sweat and scrubbing all the dead skin off with these. Clears the mind and the body!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by kelley808

I'm currently in my mid to late 30s (37 years old) and have been using this towel since I was at least 15. It is the best wash cloth for your body-EVER! Some people find it too rough, but I like the texture. (I think they make. It in different textures too!) When I use it, I feel like my body is actually clean! I love that it dries extremely quickly, so you don't have a mildew-like smell when you use it the next day. You should definitely try it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by davidh

I absolutely love these bath towels. They do such a great job of lathering up and exfoliating your skin. They also make it easy to get at hard to reach areas like the middle of your back. They feel much more hygienic than a loofah, give them a shot!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

Decent product.

I do like apply soap with this.

It exfoliates nicely but it isn't face worthy.

Price is reasonable and it eliminates the need to purchase a body scrub.

It does a good job but I think I like the shower puff better

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Magda714

Great for your everyday shower! Very inexpensive too!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by NJCathi

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using these for about 15 years now. Discovered them in an Asian supermarket and fell in love. I have seriously dry skin and go for Korean exfoliation scrubs about every other month. These help in between to keep the flaking to a minimum. Make sure to hang to dry after use so they don't stay damp.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2013 9:41:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

This was a great find, thanks MUA! I normally use exfoliating gloves but I wanted something that I could use to reach my back. This towel is a little on the scratchy side but still works really well. Apparently Salux also make a silk version which I am interested in buying, hoping that it would be softer, but can't find any at the moment. I would absolutely buy more of these and I would recommend trying these if your skin isn't too sensitive to a scratchy towel.