I think overall it's a pretty good brush. SO soft and doesn't shed my generic, but I wish it was thinner and flatter like my generic. Holds a lot of product though, but the look is a lot "fluffier" then I'd like. Would definitely buy again though because of the quality ie doesn't shed, bend, etc.
Soft brushes loooove the blush brush and has a pouch to store other items i just put my extra brushes in it. would buy again and again if something were to happen to them
I love this shader brush. This is the only shader brush the I use. I didn't get this in a set but rather individual. I got the Alicia Silverstone designed brushset and it came with a $2 off coupon. So i used that coupon to get this eyeshader brush and I was sooo happy. The brush was cheap itself even without the discount but getting the discount just made it sweeter. I have other shader brushes, though they are all non-expensive ones because I would spend my money on quality make-up than expensive brushes, because itf you have good makeup then it doesn't matter what brush you use (though other people might disagree). So anyway out of all the brushes that I have, this one is my most favourite. The bristles are soft and doesn't shed, packs on color great, blends shadows well and because it has a tapered end, perfect for applying eyeshadows on the inner corner for highlight. The brush itself is very lightweight and easy to use for beginners.
the ecotools eye shading brush is a brush i really need to blend my eye shadows! Especially if you use more then one eye shadow !i love it cause it's dense and bigger then others! I create looks so i really need that shading brush! Love it!
I picked this up for $3.87 CAD at Wal-Mart, best price ever!!
There was only two left as well, so glad I snagged one.
The brush is awesome, soft bristles that apply eyeshadow very evenly. The closest MAC and Sephora are far away, and I don't have very many brushes. Ecotools is a great find to hold me over until I can order from MAC or Sephora and I'll definitely still be using them when I get higher end ones.
I only picked this up since I've heard such good things and now I'm so happy with this purchase I'll be getting the rest of the Ecotools line!
Love this brush for loose and pan eyeshadow
I love this brush. Normally I stick with MAC, but I thought why not pick this up for the price. It works the best with cream shadows and pigments in my opinion. It also serves well as a concealer brush (although I prefer my 224 brush). It washes well, and doesn't shed. It's always good to have a few eyeshadow brushes in your kit, and I'd definitely recommend picking this one up. It's actually softer then my MAC brushes, and suprisingly I reach for it a lot.
And they're eco friendly!
I don't really like this brush too much.. It is amazingly soft and eco friendly, but it doesn't apply my eyeshadow very well.
It doesn't pick up enough shadow for my taste, and drops it sparsely over my lids. It holds onto a lot of the color but dispenses all the shimmer?
Once I put on the color it doesn't budge, no good for blending.
But so cheap, might as well try it. Comes with cute pouch that I put other brushes in :]
This is the only Ecotools brush that I have because they did not sell more selection last time I was in Singapore (not available in Germany). I am really impressed with this brush, it is really really soft on the skin, but still firm enough to give my good control over where I want to deposit the color. It also doubles up as a great blending brush. No fallout, easy to wash and dries quick, no bleeding. It is really bang for buck!!
- Skip down to 'Final Consensus' for short summary of overall thoughts on product -
I believe people are reviewing two brushes - Eye SHADING Brush (thinner one) and Eye SHADOW Brush (fluffier one). I'm not sure if the latter is a new version or if it's just a new brush added to the set entirely. Because of the confusion, I will be reviewing both here. When comparing them, I'll refer to them as Shadow and Shading. I've uploaded comparison images as well.
What it Claims:
"• Wide, soft bristles deliver a swift, even application
• Soft, cruelty-free bristles
• Natural & recycled materials"
Claims: True or False?
1) Soft bristles: True.
2) Swift, even application: True
Came in a small fabric and plastic pouch with a resealable opening. These pouches can be a tad tricky to get into, but it's not a big deal. Obviously no means for storing, but you can easily make/buy your own separate storage solutions. Nothing to really discuss, as packaging is not used to store the brush indefinitely.
I find that synthetic brushes are kindest to my skin; these brushes are absolutely divine. The bristles for both almost feel slippery smooth. Smooth handles with a bit of a grain texture.The handle is widest in the middle and tapers to a thinner rounded end. I do wish that they would label the name/purpose of the brush on the side. I've experienced no shedding, sprawling or scratchiness.
* Shading - Thin, tapered shape which fits snugly over my lid and is the perfect size for all-over application. It can also be used for applying highlighter, although it's a little too tapered and can leave a slightly harsh line.The dense yet compact bristles work really well for all-over shadow application and seems to prevent the shadow from going everywhere. Even though it is densely packed, the bristles are very flexible, but not flimsy in any way - a good balance. Picks up and deposits pigment very nicely.
* Shadow - Larger, fluffier design that is too large to apply shadow to the entire lid. When used in this way, it causes shadow to apply to my under-eye area and will usually leave a small gap near the upper lash line. I find that this one works best for blending - smooths harsh edges and gradients between shadows without disturbing the application. Like the other brush, bristles are flexible but not flimsy and smooth. Has a slight tapering to it as well. I've yet to try it to apply highlighter, but I think it would be too large for this.
Ease of Use:
* Shading: I have no problems with this brush for applying colour to my entire lid. I prime my lid, place the brush into the powder and swirl then tap the brush, and press it over the lid numerous times. Sweeping it over the lid will not work, and will not allow for even depositing. I originally used it to apply highlighter, and I found that it was a tad harsh in terms of it creating a minor blunt line, but easily blended out. Cleans beautifully as well, doesn't require reshaping as it dries.
* Shadow: I have no issues with it depositing colour, it is just too large for the lid. For blending, I gently sweep the brush in small circular motions and then in long sweeps to blend out the harsh edges, and gently sweep over the entire lid once or twice to smooth out any gradients. Also cleans very nicely, doesn't require reshaping as it dries.
Bang for your Buck:
Both cost about $7.00CAD. I can see both easily lasting years, and it's a good price for the quality. They are well-priced for purchasing backups/duplicates, and it is not going to cost an arm and a leg to replace. Both brushes can likely be used for multiple purposes (applying concealer, highlighter, blending, shadow application), the quality is fantastic and it's definitely a great price.
I thoroughly enjoy both brushes, but I will say that the Shading version is my preferred brush. Overall, if you are looking for an all-over shadow brush and/or a blending brush, check out EcoTools. If you want an all-over shadow brush (especially if you have smaller lids), look for the thinner brush. If you want a blending brush or have large eyelids, look for the fluffier brush. Would repurchase both. Rating refers to both brushes - 4.5 overall because of the few drawbacks of the Shadow version.
- Pros: Cheap, smooth, comfortable on skin and in hand, (Shading) applies shadow nicely, picks up and deposits shadow well, cleans easily, (Shadow) blends easily.
- Cons: (Shading) Can create a slightly harsh line when highlighting, (Shadow) too large to be used on the entire lid.
Overall Rating: 4.5/5
Packaging Quality: 3/5
Would you buy this product again: Yes.